Skip to comments.RonPaultards for The ZOT Nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on 12/25/2011 8:30:15 AM PST by Supreme One
...I thought Huntsman would be my ideal candidate. And indeed, his tax reform proposals--modeled on Bowles-Simpson--are dead-on....
On foreign policy, Huntsman also favors a more realist correction to neocon excess, and would build on Obama's remarkable successes.... And his sanity on climate change--certainty that it is man-made but real skepticism about how to tackle it--is, in my view, the conservative position. And, almost alone among the Republicans, he acknowledges that gay people exist and that our committed relationships merit recognition in the law.
So why not Huntsman? The sad truth is: he simply hasn't connected with the voters, generates little enthusiasm, and has run a mediocre campaign....
Which brings me to Ron Paul. Let me immediately say I do not support many of his nuttier policy proposals. I am not a doctrinaire libertarian. Paul's campaign for greater oversight of the Fed is great, but abolition of it is utopian and dangerous.... There are times when he is rightly described as a crank....
But all this is why a conservative like me is for Obama. What we are talking about here is who to support in a primary dominated by extremes, resentment, absence of ideas and Obama-hatred.
And I see in Paul none of the resentment that burns in Gingrich or the fakeness that defines Romney or the fascistic strains in Perry's buffoonery.... He has now gone through two primary elections without compromising an inch of his character or his philosophy.... He is, in other words, a decent fellow, and that's an adjective I don't use lightly. We need more decency among Republicans.
The constant refrain on Fox News that this man has "zero chance" of being the nominee is a propagandistic lie....
(Excerpt) Read more at andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com ...
Holy cow, I’m a witness to history being created. You just got in an extremely rare double post before a ZOT........and as usual, I’m ATZ.
Merry Christmas, Ron!
Obama must be defeated. This is all I know.Merry Christmas to you!
Merry Christmas, TOL!
certainty that it is man-made...
Double What?? Insipid little weasel can't be trusted.
Cant' deny the first. But how does the latter follow? Other mental illnesses exist too, but they don't demand "recognition in the law," let alone equation to one of the cornerstone institutions of civilization.
And candidate professing such beliefs forfeits the mantle of "conservative."
1. $25,000 for the Brazoria County Sheriff to establish a Childrens Identification and Location Database.
2. $8 million for the marketing of wild American shrimp.
3. $2.3 million for shrimp fishing research. (How about “throw net - retrieve net.” i would have been willing to teach them that for $1,500,000)
4. $3 million to secure the acquisition of the McGinnes tract, protecting its critical natural resources and helping consolidate refuge in-holdings.
5. $5 million to expand the cancer center at Brazosport Hospital.
6. $200,000 for the Matagorda Episcopal Health Outreach Program to fund a National Health Service Corp Scholar.
7. $4.5 million to study the effects of the health risks of vanadium.
8. $3 million to test imported shrimp for antibiotics. (Does anyone think there is a big shrimp industry in Pauls district?)
9. $10 million to repair the Galveston railways causeway bridge.
10. $1.18 million for Personalized Medicine in Asthma
11. $100,000 for a data-driven automated system for nursing students on the Texas Gulf Coast.
12. $257,000 to prepare graduates from the doctoral program at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Nursing to assume faculty roles in schools for nursing with a deficient number of doctoral level faculty.
13. $1.4 million to buy buses for the Golden Crescent Regional Commission.
14. $2 million to buy buses for Galveston.
15. $5 million for highway spending.
16. $2 million to replace facilities for Galveston bus service.
17. $3 million to replace facilities for the Golden Crescent Regional bus facility.
18. $2 million to repair the Galveston trolley.
19. $2.14 million to renovate the Edna Theater.
20. $13 million for I-69 highway project.
Mr. Sullivan has got to be one of the dumbest SOBs I’ve come across in a while.
More wisdom from Andrew Sullivan.
Even on Christmas, the stupid never ends.
You are to weak for FR and the kitties were hungry anyway.
With your self sacrifice I won’t have to feed them for the rest of the day.
Merry Christmas, 50mm! I got a Benelli M4 SA shotgun! It’s sweeeet!
Hilarious. Now that he negativied Newt up and down across Iowa, he wants everyone to play nice as soon as HIS past starts to come out. LMAOSHIH... My face hurts from smiling as I post...
Indeed. Well said.
Best of the year!
Best of the year!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.