“They only way they can do that as they did over in Great Britain incrementally.”
In many ways they already have. They have you right where they want you:
1. They have propagandized this issue to the point not many more would agree with them, so with half the country being for a gun ban, that’s the most they can expect, but half is enough.
2. They needed a gun registration scheme and have several; not of WHAT you own but that you DO own. That Form 4473 you signed and that NICS check they did is all they need to know about you: You have guns.
3. Control over the financial system: If you have a gun according to their records and do not turn it in to their satisfaction then they turn off your financial ability; no checking account, no retirement accounts, no payroll, no further mortgage, etc. They can effectively take everything.
4. By law, they can turn off ammunition sales overnight.
5. By law, they can outlaw all kinds of firearms and parts overnight.
6. The fed owns most lands used for hunting: Goodbye hunting permits and total enforcement.
7. Control over the utilities is how the Soviet Union kept towns and populations in check: Gee, your electricity went off. You folks have a bigger problem than that pesky gun control issue. Cooperate with the federal authority or else. They do this today to the States: Make drunk driving 0.08 or else no federal funding. Make seatbelt laws or else no federal funding. Make Sally has Two Mommies in elementary school or else no federal funding.
Simply put: Anyone concerned about this had best get ready real soon to accept the fact that there may not be any more firearms, magazine, or ammo for sales.
And if the fedgov pushes that hard, they had better expect rule 308 in return.