Skip to comments.Sodomy: A Public Health Risk
Posted on 07/28/2002 1:17:17 PM PDT by scripter
- A 1997 study in British Columbia found the life expectancy of men who engage in sodomy to be comparable to that of the average Canadian man in 1871. Researchers estimate that nearly half of the 20 year old men currently engaging in sodomy will not reach their 65th birthday.1
- Ninety-five percent or more of the AIDS infections among gay men result from receptive anal intercourse.2
- The risk of anal cancer "soars" by nearly 4,000% for men who have sex with men. The rate doubles again for those who are HIV positive. A Michigan homosexual newspaper admits there is no such thing as "safe sex" to prevent this "soaring" cancer risk. Condoms offer only limited protection.3 - Homosexual men face a significantly higher risk of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, anal cancer, gonorrhea and gastrointestinal infections as a result of their sexual practices.4 - Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.5 - Anal Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection is nearly universal among HIV-positive homosexual or bisexual men and about 60% in HIV-negative men exhibiting the same sexual behavior.6 WOMEN: - Many innocent victims suffer the health consequences associated with sodomy as a result of blood transfusions, rape and having normal sexual relations with those who have committed unnatural relations with others. While men of all ages who commit sodomy with other men remain at an alarming risk, young bisexual men are said to be a significant "bridge" for HIV transmission to women.7 - Women who commit sex acts with other women face a significantly higher risk of bacterial vaginosis, breast cancer and ovarian cancer than heterosexual women.8 - The spread of Human Papilomavirus (HPV) is not prevented by condoms. The persons most susceptible to cancer associated with HPV are young women (under 20) and people who practice anal intercourse.9 - Women who engage in receptive anal sex are at a higher risk for contracting anal cancer. In fact, in the U.S. general population, anal cancer is more prevalent among women than men between 1.5 and 2 times more common, perhaps because more women than men engage in receptive anal sex.10
- Homosexual men face a significantly higher risk of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, anal cancer, gonorrhea and gastrointestinal infections as a result of their sexual practices.4
- Men who engage in sodomy are 860% more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD), increasing up to 500% their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Men who commit acts of sodomy with men have large numbers of anonymous partners, which can result in rapid, extensive transmission of STDs. Control of STDs is a central component of HIV infection prevention in the United States; resurgence of bacterial STDs threatens national HIV infection prevention efforts.5
- Anal Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection is nearly universal among HIV-positive homosexual or bisexual men and about 60% in HIV-negative men exhibiting the same sexual behavior.6
- Many innocent victims suffer the health consequences associated with sodomy as a result of blood transfusions, rape and having normal sexual relations with those who have committed unnatural relations with others. While men of all ages who commit sodomy with other men remain at an alarming risk, young bisexual men are said to be a significant "bridge" for HIV transmission to women.7
- Women who commit sex acts with other women face a significantly higher risk of bacterial vaginosis, breast cancer and ovarian cancer than heterosexual women.8
- The spread of Human Papilomavirus (HPV) is not prevented by condoms. The persons most susceptible to cancer associated with HPV are young women (under 20) and people who practice anal intercourse.9
- Women who engage in receptive anal sex are at a higher risk for contracting anal cancer. In fact, in the U.S. general population, anal cancer is more prevalent among women than men between 1.5 and 2 times more common, perhaps because more women than men engage in receptive anal sex.10- The following chart provides a broad synopsis of medical problems related to sodomy:11
|Sex Practice:||Potential Consequences:|
|1. Close Body Contact||1. Pubic lice
2. Scabies (mites)
3. Fungal Infections
|2. Performer of Oral Sex||1. Oral gonorrhea
2. Oral lesions from herpes, HPV (warts), chancroid, lymhogranuloma venereum, or granuloma inguinale.
3. Nongonolococcal pharyngitis from chlamydia, other STD's
5. Hepatitis B
6. Enteric (intestinal) infections
|3. Receptive Anal Intercourse||1. Traumatic proctitis
2. Rectal gonorrhea
3. Anal warts
5. Nonspecific procitis (from chlamydia and other STDs)
6. Anorectal herpes
7. Anorectal syphilis
8. Hepatitis B
9. Rectal trichomoniasis
10. Lymphogranuloma venereum
11. Anorectal granuloma inguinale
12. Anorectal chancroid
14. Anorectal candidiasis
|4. Receptive Manual-Anal Intercourse||1. Enteric (intestinal) infections|
|5. Receiver of Oral Sex||1. Physical abrasions
4. Urethritis from various STDs
|6. Insertive Anal Intercourse||1. Nongonococcal urethritis
2. Genital herpes
3. Molluscum contagiosum
4. Genital warts
7. Epididymitis and/or proctitis
8. Fungal infections
9. Lymphogranuloma vencreum
10. Granuloma inguinale
12. Hepatitis B
|7. Oral-anal Intercourse||1. Enteric (intestinal) infections
3. Campylobacter fetus (bacteria)
4. Enterogenic E. coli bacteria
5. Hepatitis (A, B, and others)
9. Enterobius vermicularis (parasite)
10. Oral warts
11. Oral gonorrhea
13. Lymphogranuloma venereum
14. Oral granuloma inguinale
15. Oral chancroid
18. Anorectal meningococcal infection
1. International Journal of Epidemiology, Vol 26, 657-661, "Modelling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men."
2. Michael Fumento, "AIDS: Are heterosexuals at Risk?" Commentary 84, (November, 1987) pp. 22-23.
3. Between the Lines, "Anal Cancer and You," Sept. 29, 2000.
4. Medical Institute of Sexual Health, "Health Implications Associated with Homosexuality," 1999.
5. Centers for Disease Control, "Resurgent Bacterial Sexually Transmitted Disease Among Men Who Have Sex With Men," September 10, 1999.
6. Infectious Disease News, "Because of HPV, anal cancer screening indicated for certain high-risk groups," October, 1997
7. Manila Bulletin (Philippines), "Bisexuals Serve as 'Bridge' Infecting Women With HIV," July 30, 2000
8. Medical Institute of Sexual Health, "Health Implications Associated with Homosexuality," 1999.
9. WebMD Forum: "HPV and Cervical Cancer with John R. Diggs, Jr., M.D.," April 7, 2000.
10. Infectious Disease News, "Because of HPV, anal cancer screening indicated for certain high-risk groups," October, 1997
11. DG & Altman Ostrow, "Homosexual Behavior and Sexually Transmitted Diseases." New York: McGraw Hill, 1990. pp. 61-69.
Please post the sources that document this evidence. Thank you.
So you dont know what youre talking about eh? Show me the study and cite that objectively proves its not a disorder? There are hundreds of studies that objectively prove homosexuality is a disorder, all you have is the debunked Hooker study and a 58% vote in 1974. What about the other 42%? Not ALL psychiatrists and psychologists in the APAs believe homosexuality is not an illness, you need to do some research Mr. Objective.
Of course, I know you probably believe that both APA organizations and most of the worlds other respected psychological and psychiatric organizations have been overrun with gays
Not only does the American Psychiatric Association admit this, its common knowledge. Check out Division 44, most of the homosexual psychologists admit it on their bios. Both self-serving organizations had homosexuals in charge of policy in 74 and both do now. Too bad youre not interested in the truth because its easily found information.
BTW, if you have freedom of speech in your God for saken country why do you have a hate speech code? It restricts everything from Bible passages on billboards to Dr. Laura on the radio. I guess it all depends on what your definition of freedom of speech is!
How about instead, we consider what homosexuals say about homosexuals and their practices:
""Let´s look at gay behavior as defined by two gays, Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen Ph.D., authors of After the Ball: How America will Conquer its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90´s (1989).
In Chapter Six, they outline ten categories of misbehavior, drawn from their own experiences, wide reading and thousands of hours of conversation with hundreds of other gays. Their contention is that the gay lifestyle, not gay sexuality mind you, is the pits. They want gays to improve their image by addressing what is wrong with a lot of gays. (276)
What follows are some highlights. As you read this, ask yourself if there is another human community, including the Mafia that could make these generalizations about itself. Ask yourself if we haven´t caught this disease, or at least the sniffles.
The authors say a surprisingly high percentage of pathological liars and con men are gay. This results from a natural habit of self-concealment, and leads to a stubborn self-deception about one´s own gayness and its implications.
They say gays tend to reject all forms of morality and value judgments. Gay morality boils down to If it feels good, I´ll do it! If a gay feels like seducing a trusted friend´s lover, he´ll do it, justifying it as an act of sexual freedom and the friend be damned.
They say gays suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder and they give this clinical description: pathological self absorption, a need for constant attention and admiration, lack of empathy or concern for others, quickly bored, shallow, interested in fads, seductive, overemphasis on appearance, superficially charming, promiscuous, exploitative, preoccupied with remaining youthful, relationships alternate between over idealization and devaluation.
As an example of this narcissism, the authors say a very sizable proportion of gay men who have been diagnosed HIV positive continue to have unprotected sex.
They say the majority of gays are extremely promiscuous and self-indulgent. They must continuously up the ante to achieve arousal. This begins with alcohol and drugs and includes such forbidden aspects of sex as wallowing in filth (fetishism and coprophilia) and sadomasochism, which involves violence.
They say many gays indulge in sex in public bathrooms and think it is antigay harassment when it is stopped. Many think they have a right to importune straight males, including children.
Many gays are single minded sexual predators fixated on youth and physical beauty alone. When it comes to the old or ugly, gays are the real queerbashers. Disillusioned themselves, they are cynical about love.
Relationships between gay men don´t usually last very long. They quickly tire of their partners and fall victim to temptation. The cheating ratio of married´ gay males, given enough time, approaches 100%.
Even friendships are based on the sexual test and hard to sustain. Unattractive gay men find it nearly impossible to find a friend, let alone a lover.
The authors say gays tend to deny reality in various ways: wishful thinking, paranoia, illogic, emotionalism and embracing crackpot ideas.
Ed he cant. The only studies that reported negative results from reparative therapy were volunteer studies, these studies could have been easily manipulated like the Bailey/Pillard studies. Theres not been a double blind, random sample study to date.
Of course they do, its a behavior and they have control over their own actions. Pedophiles, bestials and incestuals choose their behavior
"Dr. Bieber was one of the key participants in the historical debate which culminated in the 1973 decision to remove homosexuality from the psychiatric manual.
His paper describes psychiatry's attempt to adopt a new "adaptational" perspective of normality. During this time, the profession was beginning to sever itself from established clinical theory--particularly psychoanalytic theories of unconscious motivation--claiming that if we do not readily see "distress, disability and disadvantage" in a particular psychological condition, then the condition is not disordered.
On first consideration, such a theory sounds plausible. However we see its startling consequences when we apply it to a condition such as pedophilia. Is the happy and otherwise well-functioning pedophile "normal"? As Dr. Bieber argues in this article, psychopathology can be ego-syntonic and not cause distress; and social effectiveness-that is, the ability to maintain positive social relations and perform work effectively--"may coexist with psychopathology, in some cases even of a psychotic order."...
Dr. Bieber describes the deletion of homosexuality from the American Psychiatric Association's diagnostic and statistical manual as "the climax of a sociopolitical struggle involving what were deemed to be the rights of homosexuals."
Gay activist groups believed that prejudice against homosexuals could be extinguished only if, as homosexuals, they were accepted as normal. "They claimed that homosexuality is a preference, an orientation, a propensity; that it is neither a defect, a disturbance, a sickness, nor a malfunction of any sort." To promote this aim, Dr. Bieber reports, "Gay activists impugned the motives and ridiculed the work of those psychiatrists who asserted that homosexuality is other than normal."
A task force was set up to study homosexuality, but the members chosen included not a single psychiatrist who held the view that homosexuality was not a normal adaptation. There followed riots at scientific meetings by gay activists who increased the pressure on the Psychiatric Association.
Will preventive therapy for homosexuality be prohibited, Dr. Bieber wondered, when homosexuality is normalized?
Furthermmore-is it the proper domain of psychiatry to remove diagnoses to eliminate prejudice?
Dr. Bieber pointed out that there were several other conditions in the DSM-II that did not fulfill the "distress and social disability" criteria: voyeurism, fetishism, sexual sadism, and masochism. A.P.A.'s Dr. Spitzer replied that these conditions should perhaps also be removed from the DSM-II -- and that if the sadists and fetishists were to organize as did the gay activists, they, too, might find their conditions normalized.
SummaryThe factors that determined the decision of the APA to delete homosexuality from DSM-II were summarized as follows:
- Gay activists had a profound influence on psychiatric thinking.
- A sincere belief was held by liberal-minded and compassionate psychiatrists that listing homosexuality as a psychiatric disorder supported and reinforced prejudice against homosexuals. Removal of the term from the diagnostic manual was viewed as a humane, progressive act.
- There was an acceptance of new criteria to define psychiatric conditions. Only those disorders that caused a patient to suffer or that resulted in adjustment problems were thought to be appropriate for inclusion in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
from the APAs own website it says if you have good psychosocial functioning, positive well-being and no adverse anxiety youre OK! The social functioning pedophiles, bestials and incestuals feel left out, what about their pass in the DSM?
"Sex can be dangerous, especially when it involves toys. Wearing a three-foot, five-pound double dong around his neck, Todd Wonders, a representative from Dvdadultempire.com, advised students to start small when it comes to anal penetration.
If youve never put anything in your ass before, you dont want to start with this, Wonders said, gesturing to the two gigantic members hanging from his shoulders.
Wonders talked extensively about anal penetration. According to him, the most appropriate object for beginners to place in their anus is a finger preferably their own.
If youre really inexperienced with anything anal, start small, Wonders said. Also, you can never use enough lube, especially when it comes to putting things in your ass.
Wonders and Calloway passed around other sex toys including anal beads and the cock ring. The two stressed the most important thing to look for when shopping for anal beads which are inserted, then pulled from the anus is a retrieval ring.
You dont want to shove something in your ass that doesnt have a retrieval ring, Wonders said. Otherwise, your ass will swallow it....
Hey Winnipeg, that's not really true. The New York Times published a couple of articles a few months ago about a study performed by the very psychologist who had years ago led the charge to remove the APA's classification of homosexuality as a mental disorder. The study found that large numbers of homosexuals could indeed permanently and totally change their orientation. The man, formerly a hero to gays, was castigated immediately by them - but he stood by his study. He did note that those who changed had been highly motivated to do so - but he also noted that those who had (some 70-80% of study participants) had not had any issues with same sex attraction for a full year after the study was performed. Further, many, many studies performed by respected psychologists have shown that homosexuality (in men) is highly correlated with lack of love from the father or older brother in childhood, (homo)sexual molestation as a child, and/or rejection by male peers as a child. In the same way, homosexuality, it is believed by many, can be effectively prevented by making sure that none of the three above things happens in the life of a child. I have known many gays in my life, and they all have experienced one of these three conditions in childhood. I'm sure there are exceptions, but the correlations are very strong. So while a gay may not have chosen to be that way, the condition is most likely caused in general by seriously negative things in the person's life. For those who are happy with it, so be it. But for our society to go around and teach our kids that things like anal intercourse between men is normal, or that they should experiment with homosexuality (just when their own sexualities are developing) is craziness and akin to child abuse. Further, the constant attempts of gays to get close to our children is dangerous - as in the Boy Scouts, the schools, and in the Catholic Church (where thousdands of boys have now been shown to have been sexually molested and raped by homosexual men). What we should do is say: 1) you have a serious (abnormal) condition. There is treatment for it if you want; 2) If you don't, live your life as you want, but don't push that abnormality on others; 3) keep away from our kids. You don't have the right to interfere with their upbringing.
Yes, all the ideological pro-gay experts say so; therefore it must be true. C'mon. The average person in this world understands very well that a man who wants to hump another man's rear-end (a filthy and disgusting act) has a serious mental problem. If you met a child at school who liked to poke his fingers up the rear ends of other kids, you'd immediately say that that that kid had a severe problem. It's exactly the same for homosexuals. The rectum is filthily dirty with germs and obviously NOT made for the use to which homosexuals put it. Homosexuals do suffer from a severe mental disorder. It's the 'intellectual' elites who have convinced themselves (in the name of political correctness) that such is not true - very few in this world, when being candid, buy that for a moment (actually, in my experience, including most psychologists).
They ARE lying, for the sake of appeasing homosexual activists. - There is plenty of evidence that motivated homosexuals can (and do) change their orientation. - - It is true that some of the older methods to try and help homosexuals to do so were harmful. Methods used today - things like trying to get the homosexual to forgive things a father has done, or to get over the marginalization felt by other boys as a kid, are beneficial, even when they don't work.
Is that your personal opinion, or do you have documentation to back up your statement?