- April 05 2002 - West Nile Virus terrorist attack...
- April 20 2002 - Andrew Mickel/McCrae connection?
- August/Sept 2002 - A whole lotta lyin' going on in Camden/Trenton NJ
- Sept 20 2002 - Georgia al-Fuqra LINKED !
- Oct 03 2002 - more details + ACCOMPLICE in Baton Rouge !
- August 2002 - Muhammad flew to Antigua !
- Oct 19 2002 - Electronic Funds Transfer to foreign banks
- Oct 23 2002 - "Duck in a Noose" Explained
.... some related info from Timeline #2 ...
- about November 27 2001 - Muhammad was driven by a co-worker to a gunsmith, where he was overheard asking about modifying a rifle so it could be "folded neatly in a small case". On November 30th, the co-worker alerted Bellingham police, the FBI, the Border Patrol and the ATF. Two months later, after nothing happened, she called the same authorities again.
Another gunsmith in Bellingham, Glen Chapman recalls Muhammad's story about shortening the firearm for mailing purposes as "the phoniest thing I ever heard."
- Dec 19 2001 - Malvo and mother were arrested by INS in Washington state, and detained for a month for being illegal aliens. The school asked police about Malvo's missing records at the same time that the mother arrived and raised a stink about her missing son. Thats when police decided to contact the INS.
Muhammad and Malvo
Terrorists' Timeline#3 - Jan 2002 to October
- Early 2002 - Muhammad tried to pick up coffee house guitar player Hannah Parks, saying he is a music agent. He always tried to tell her more about Islam than she cares to hear. Others said Muhammad is always distributing Islamic leaflets.
- maybe January 2002 @ Falls Church VA - Muhammad is remembered being seen alone in Falls Church Virginia, "sometime between January and March of this year", in the (Home Depot / Michaels / Fabric Store) shopping complex. He claims to be interested in purchasing on credit, a $5000 embroidery machine for karate uniforms. He visits the same Falls Church store a 2nd time about late August 2002, along with Malvo.
- about January 12 2002 Malvo and his mother are released. They said they had been stowaways on a boat filled with 'asians' and jumped ship in Miami.
Immigration law says stowaway aliens are to be deported immediately, but this pair was released and given November 2002 deportation hearing dates, even though they are both said to be living in in homeless shelters and were described as likely to abscond. Part of the reason is the border patrol supposedly learned these two were smuggled into this country by Muhammad, and that gives the illegals more rights than a stowaway.
The mother pays $1500 bail, and quickly disappears.
Malvo is released on his own recognizance into Muhammad's custody.
[ The mother (Una James) was found in DC in late October. ...but why DC? Was she providing safe-haven during the shooting spree? Was she aiding and abetting? Those are things we are not allowed to know, because the INS suddenly rushed to deport her]
- mid or late January 2002 @ Muhammad and Malvo move to 3310 S. Proctor St., a Tacoma duplex rented by Robert Holmes. Neighbors across the street, Army Pfc. Chris Waters and his wife, Deborah, said they often heard shooting over one 15-day period. Muhammad may have lived here at times thru July. Police later dig up a tree stump that contains bullets matching the Bushmaster .223.
Rev. Archer of the Lighthouse Mission in Bellingham said Muhammad left around Jan. 25, and that was the last he saw or heard from him.
[ Some things appear odd about this duplex... A car in the driveway in October had no license plates, and (a neighbor) Cousineau remembered that Muhammad often slept in a white truck he parked outside Holmes' duplex when Holmes had visitors.]
- about late January 2002 @ - An acquaintance from the Bellingham YMCA, Harjeet Singh, was first invited by Muhammad and Malvo for tea across the street at the Community Food Co-op. They hit it off right away.
Singh noticed that the pair popped vitamins and supplements to build body mass, muscle and strength. When Singh went to the health food store to buy some for himself, he was shocked to see that they cost as much as $50 a bottle.
- late January or early February 2002 - A very well dressed Muhammad visits family in Baton Rouge LA with Malvo, whom he says he is helping travel back to Jamaica. He says that he is in the immigrant import-export business, and helps people in trouble get in and out of the country.
- February 12 2002 - Tacoma - Muhammad is arrested for grocery store shoplifting, released on $900 bail, and is ordered to return March 06.
Chris Brannan, who handled security for Argus Service Corp. that day saw Muhammad and Malvo putting items into a backpack. When she stopped him, he swore.
"He called me names." she says. "He told Malvo to shut up and not say a word. He just said I'm not talking to you. I don't need to tell you nothing, you can't prove a damn thing."
- February thru April 2002 Tacoma - For parts of these months Muhammad and Malvo are allowed to live with another man who loans the pair his guns. Police say this was NOT Robert Holmes. Police take away 3 handguns and two rifles for testing in October. They are confirmed to have been used in at least two crimes.
- February 16 2002 - 21-year-old Keenya Cook is shot and killed. Muhammad has now been positively linked, using a borrowed .45caliber handgun. Cook lived with her aunt Isa Nichols, whom Muhammad was furious with the summer before.
- March 06 2002 - Muhammad misses his shoplifting court date and forfeits his $900 bail. A warrant is issued for his arrest, valid until the year 2010.
- March 13 - March 16 2002 - Tucson AZ - Muhammad and Malvo go to Tucson and visit Muhammad's sister, Odessa Newell, at her southeast side home, They arrive from Los Angeles on a bus, and are in the Tucson area at least from the 13th to the 16th. They appear to have stayed in southern Arizona thru March 25,
Muhammad's sister later moves to New Orleans.
- March 21 2002, ~ 2:15pm - Tucson AZ - Jerry Ray Taylor, 61, is killed by a single rifle shot fired from a distance, while practicing chipshots alone at Tucson's Fred Enke Golf course. This is one mile from the sister's home where Muhammad and Malvo were staying. One witness saw a tall black man leaving the area with a sleeping bag wrapped around his arm. The bullet was not recovered, but police believe Muhammad and Malvo are linked by other evidence. Muhammad had TWO rifles about a week later, but the Bushmaster rifle was not stolen until after July 2nd.
Malvo boasted to a Mr. Singh in May that he and John Muhammad, killed two men in the spring, robbing them and hiding their bodies. No other golfer has been found, but police think he could have been referring in the 2nd case to Albert Michalczyk, 72, who was shot in the chest while playing golf in Clearwater, Fla., in May.
- Mar 25 2002 - near Tucson - A Visa platinum credit card is stolen from the purse of the greyhound bus driver while she drives from Nogles to Flagstaff Arizona. The northbound bus picked up Muhammad and Malvo, and a manifest shows they were listed under the name Williams. The credit card gets used in Tacoma April 9th.
- April 05 2002 - Baton Rouge LA - Residents of Muhammad's hometown learn of another hometown boy - Yasser Hamdi, who was captured with the Taliban in Afghanistan. In less than a week, residents get more bad news... Their first case of West Nile Virus in HUMANS.
Louisianans become convinced this could only have been a deliberate terrorist attack.
Louisiana got the virus in humans FOUR MONTHS BEFORE the rest of the country!
- April 09 2002 - Tacoma WA - The stolen credit card is used to buy gas in Tacoma, Credit card company notifies card-owner on April 11th. It is later used in October by Muhammad and Malvo to try to ransom $10 Million dollars, and presumably transfer it electronically out of the country.
- about April 2002 @ @ Bellingham - Another good friend Muhammad made at the YMCA was Mark Thomas, age 25. They began training and jogging together, and knew each other about a year. About April 2000, he invited Muhammad and Malvo to stay at his house for a few days.
This photo was taken during a BBQ party during that visit. Muhammad is seen here using a PDA he bought for his host. Malvo in the background has a shaved head and looks to be about 30 years old. [Photo: Nw Citizen.us]
During a two-hour road-trip to Tacoma, Muhammad once said he was looking for a long piece of lightweight, heavy-gauge metal, fashioned in the form of a pipe.
- April 2002 @ Bellingham - Muhammad asked his friend Singh if he knew where he could get a silencer for a gun.
- about April 2002 @ Tacoma WA - Muhammad visited his old Army buddy, Robert Holmes, 'for the first of 3 times this year', and showed Holmes two rifles. They had an AR-15 assault rifle that fired .223-caliber ammunition, as well as another rifle, either a 303 or 30-06.
Muhammad referred to Malvo as his "associate", and called him "Sniper".
[ These two are different rifles than the one M & M had in their car when arrested: an XM-15 A3M4 (Bushmaster's designation of the AR15 type rifle), THAT ONE was stolen AFTER July 2nd.]
- April 20 2002 - Seattle - Andrew Mickel was arrested on April 20 2002 during the "A20 in Seattle" antiwar demonstration - for blocking a sidewalk.
[ Did Mickel/McCrae meet John Muhammad?
Mickel was arrested November 2002 for killing a police officer in Red Bluff California.
Mickel had a fake Washington state drivers license in the name Andrew McCrae. Did Muhammad forge this for him?
Did Muhammad encourage Mickel/McCrae to kill police? Muhammad was also eager to kill police during this timeframe.
There is a TACOMA BRANCH of the ultra-liberal school - Evergreen State College in the heart of Tacoma, on Martin Luther King Drive.]
- May, June and July 2002 - Tacoma - Muhammad and Malvo reside more or less full-time these months with the man who loans them guns. Police say this is NOT Holmes.
- Between May 1 - May 4, 2002 - Muhammad or Malvo fire at least two shots into the holy shrine of the Tacoma Jewish Synagogue, Temple Beth-El, with another borrowed gun, a .44 caliber Magnum. No one is injured
- May 18 2002 @ Clearwater FL - Albert Michalczyk, 72, was shot in the chest while playing golf in Clearwater Florida. Malvo boasted to a Mr. Singh in May that he and John Muhammad, killed two golfers, robbed them and hid their bodies. One such golfer was killed on March 21 2002. but police think Malvo 'might' have been referring in the 2nd case to Mr. Michalczyk. No bullet was found, but even if it had been, Muhammad had OTHER rifles at this time, NOT the Bushmaster .223 used in DC.
- mid or late May 2002 @ According to Mr. Singh, Muhammad left town for a few weeks in late April or early May. After he returned, he showed Singh a chrome 8-inch pistol silencer, a blueprint for a rifle silencer, and a 20-inch long axle rod that Muhammad hoped to convert into a rifle silencer.
Muhammad said he and Malvo were planning to shoot a fuel tanker to cause a big explosion.
They wanted to 'hide in the woods, shoot and disappear,'
They also wanted to shoot and kill a police officer, then blow up more police at the officer's funeral home.
Malvo also bragged about killing two golfers in Arizona.
He stopped seeing Muhammad after this, and avoided his phone calls.
Singh told police and the FBI these things June 05. They did not question him in detail, as they did not seem to believe him.
- May 27 2002 @ morning, Denton Texas (just north of Dallas) - Billy G Dillon was shot in the head with a high-velocity rifle while doing lawn work on Bragg Road for his family business. Police sent bullet fragments to the ATF on November 5th for ballistics checks, but have heard no reply and do not know how long it could take. Muhammad and Malvo seem like possible suspects, however the .223 Bushmaster rifle HAD NOT YET BEEN STOLEN from a Tacoma gunshop. Muhammad 'had' two other rifles at this time.
When Muhammad was arrested, he also had two boxes of .338 caliber ammunition in the car. This may be from a rifle or handgun he used earlier.
- May 27 2002 - The vehicle of Robert S Harris, age 45, was found abandoned in Dallas. He is missing and is feared to have met foul play.
- June 01 2002 (or the morning of June 02) - A break-in occurred at the Tacoma INS. Stolen were: at least five INS stamps, including an admission stamp, and one that allows refugees to enter the US and apply for resident alien status, an INS badge, an assortment of official forms. a laptop computer, a .40-caliber pistol and two clips of ammunition,
- June 14 2002 - Bellingham WA - Muhammad/Malvo were present this day, and Muhammad spoke to Hannah Parks, trying to talk her into traveling east with him. She is certain of the date because it was her son's birthday. Muhammad and Malvo stayed briefly at this time in Varsity Village with three college students.
- June 18 2002 1:20am - Bellingham WA - Five shots were fired into the home of the retiree Margot Poss, with one shot wounding her in the shoulder. Residents want to know if the .45 caliber slugs match the .45 caliber slugs that Muhammad and/or Malvo used to kill Keenya Cook in Tacoma in February. Ms. Poss lived at 1507 Donovan Ave on Bellingham's south side, just 9 blocks from the college students with whom Muhammad/Malvo stayed for three days. Muhammad and Malvo were said to have left Bellingham about this day.
- roughly June 22 2002 @ Tacoma WA - Holmes saw Muhammad and Malvo a 2nd time roughly late June. That time, the AR-15 had a telescopic sight. Muhammad also had a book on how to make a sound suppresser for the rifle. "Can you imagine the damage you could do if you could shoot with a silencer?" Muhammad allegedly asked Holmes.
- after July 02 2002 @ A .223-caliber Bushmaster XM15, was stolen sometime after July 2nd from the Tacoma gun shop, Bull's Eye Shooter Supply, The rifle was a store display model was fitted with grips, a bipod, a hollow sight and a laser sight. This is the rifle found in the Caprice when Muhammad and Malvo were arrested, and was a ballistics matched to the DC killing spree.
- July 20 2002 - A .22 caliber Magnum handgun was stolen at a gun show in El Paso, Texas. This gun is later confirmed used by Muhammad/Malvo in multiple robberies and killings. It is found after a Sept 21st murder in Montgomery AL.
[ Some freepers suggest the gun may not have been stolen in El Paso at all and this was a cover story, because the owner lived just north of Denton Texas. A suspicious sniper murder and a missing person occurred recently around Denton. ]
- roughly August 01 2002 - Muhammad and Malvo arrived by bus in Baton Rouge tired, hungry and haggard, and visit with many relatives over several days. He asks relatives where to buy ammunition and eventually buys four more boxes of .223 caliber ammo at a store on Hooper Road. [in addition to two he already had]
Muhammad appeared dangerously delusional according to his cousin - Anderson, and she is eventually showed that his duffel bag contained a rifle and ammunition. She asks him to leave the next day, but agrees to hold his padlocked duffel bag for safekeeping while went away for a week. [This apparently because of airport security]. He was then spotted by multiple persons on the island of Antigua shopping for furniture, and making some 'banking' arrangements.
- roughly August 10 2002 @ Muhammad returns to Baton Rouge and picks up his rifle and ammo. (Where did they go? and why did he need to leave his rifle and ammo? ... [PLANE-TRIP!] )
- August 2002 @ Antigua - Residents remember seeing Muhammad on the island in August. The St John's Home Office Depot manager Samuir Doumith, remembers him asking about rattan furniture. Another witness remembers him making some 'banking' arrangements. [Can anyone recall a certain $10 Million dollar ransom?]
* Island officials have no record of Muhammad entering or leaving. But Muhammad has 20 fraudulent ID's in his wallet when he is arrested, and knows how to slip in and out of Antigua under false identities.
* The 'furniture' recollection implies that Muhammad planned to escape there. The 'bank' sighting suggests that Muhammad had enlisted help to electronically transfer the $10 Million out of the country into foreign banks via the island of Antigua.[also see Oct 19th] Muhammad has a history on Antigua with con-men, forgers, and scam artists. [Some people even suspect that Muhammad may have been acquainted with the Al Queda shoe bomber Richard Reid, who was ticketed to Antigua on Dec 22 2001 ]
- August 2002 - There are several reports of Muhammad sightings both in Camden NJ, and Baton Rouge throughout August. They apparently ping-ponged between NJ and Louisiana throughout August. (And note: the quickest route between DC and LA passes by (1/2 hour to the west) of Bassett VA.
- August 15 2002 @ Basset VA - Jennifer Short vanished August 15, the day her parents were killed in their home. Both died from a single gunshot wound to the head; a spent .22-caliber shell casing was found near each body. Jennifer's body was found 30 miles away in a swamp in North Carolina.
[ Muhammad/Malvo had apparently been in Virginia in August but their whereabouts on the 15th are still unknown. If this was done with the .22 Magnum stolen on July 20, it should be easily matchable, and we should hear something soon? Alabama police found Muhammad's .22 Magnum after the Sept 21 killing, and it may now be in Maryland]
- Mid or late August 2002 @ Falls Church VA - "Near Summer's end" [I assume that means August] Muhammad and Malvo were clearly remembered being seen for a 2nd time in Falls Church Virginia, in the (Home Depot / Michaels / Fabric Store) shopping complex. The first time was roughly January 2002.
- Mid or late August 2002 or earlier - Clinton MD - Long before the DC killing spree, Muhammad appears outside his brother-in-law and sister-in-law's townhome in Clinton, where Mildred and the kids are living. Mildred was not well hidden, as the brother-in-law was listed in the phone book, and to this day can still be easily found in 30 seconds via the internet. Muhammad does not try to hide himself well either. One of his children see him, plus Muhammad speaks with a neighbor, trying to recruit him as an early morning jogging partner. Mildred is now claiming the entire killing spree was some plot just to kill her.
- August 2002 @ Camden NJ - The owner of the All Nations Cuisine restaurant, Michael Clarke, said that Muhammad and Malvo visited the restaurant "three or four times" during a one-week period in August.
Clarke said Muhammad did not arrive with Osbourne but met him there.
Osbourne denies having met Muhammad until September 05 2002.
Clarke says he never saw Muhammad at the restaurant during September.
- late August 2002, or early Sept. @ Tacoma WA - Muhammad and Malvo shop for a car with a very "big trunk",
Late this summer, just before school started, John Muhammad and Lee Malvo went to Todd Paulson's auto repair shop. [Tacoma schools started on September 4th]. Muhammad wanted to buy a classic 1965 white Lincoln Continental in good condition. Muhammad seemed interested in only one thing. "He wanted to know how big the trunk was" After three visits in three days, Muhammad and Malvo stopped coming by, and the mechanics assumed the pair gave up because of the $2,500 price. Within days, the pair would choose a Chevrolet Caprice on the other side of the country.
Several reports quoted mechanics as saying this was in the first days of September.
But Osbourne said the pair arrived by bus in Trenton and first met him on September 5th. [not possible Mr Osbourne, since the Greyhound takes 2 and 1/2 days minimum]
- early September 2002 - M & M travel supposedly by bus from Tacoma to Trenton NJ to look for a better sniper car. But why Trenton? How did they know they'd find the better car there unless they pre-arranged it with an accomplice? [my bet is on Peter Gianquinto]
The bus ride takes 2.5 to 3.5 days depending on which schedule they were on.
- September 05 2002 @ - Camden NJ? - Trenton NJ? - The illegal alien, Nathaniel Osbourne says he first met Muhammad and Malvo on this day, when the pair came to a shabby neighborhood in Camden [100 miles from DC] looking for his brother Walford Osbourne, who worked as a cook at the "All Nations Cuisine' take-out restaurant. Nathaniel said Walford had 'vacationed' in Antigua.
Other reports say the pair traveled 3000 miles by bus from Tacoma WA straight to Trenton NJ. [Trenton is 135 miles from DC and on a different bus route than DC.]
Still other reports say that both Nathaniel and Osbourne are illegal aliens smuggled here by Muhammad. Walford told investigators he had never met Muhammad.
Nathaniel says he felt pity for this pair, gave them food, clothing, and his bed, and allowed them to padlock their room.
But the owner of the restaurant says he never saw them in September, He says Muhammad and Malvo were there "three or four times" during a one-week period in August.
Osbourne 'says' he spent a TOTAL of TWO DAYS with M & M. [...um, I count seven]
Mr. Osbourne tries very hard to hide his real address. He once gave up a job prospect rather than reveal his truthful address. Osbourne has a NJ driver's license, and ALSO a fraudulently obtained a NY drivers using the address of Mimi Walker of Bellport NY. Mr. Osbourne (and Peter Gianquinto) could possibly be simultaneously scamming multiple states (NJ and NY and possibly PA) for welfare benefits.
- September 05 2002 , 10:30pm - Clinton MD - Paul LaRuffa, owner of Margellina Restaurant, was shot six times at close range, just after he got into his car, but survives. LaRuffa, was shot with a .22 caliber handgun. Like other murder/robberies, this shooting occurred just after closing. The shooter escaped with $3000 from the restaurant, and the owner's Sony Vaio laptop computer. The restaurant is located near the townhome of Muhammad's ex-brother-in-law where his kids and Mildred are staying.
This shooting has been linked to Muhammad/Malvo, who are later arrested with Mr. LaRuffa's laptop in their blue Caprice. Ballistics also matches this .22 caliber handgun to another shooting/robbery in Clinton MD, on Sept. 15th.
[How did M & M travel the 2 hours from Camden/Trenton to the Clinton MD attempted murder? Did Osbourne loan his car? or drive them there? And where did they stash their stolen goods for the next 5 days? with Osbourne?]
- September 10 2002 - Trenton NJ - Muhammad and Malvo are supposedly taken car shopping by Osbourne and they buy a blue Chevrolet Caprice. [Osbourne co-registers the car the next day, plus put it under HIS INSURANCE, which was a forgery (he had no insurance); Osbourne is also in trouble with the DMV because he didn't actually live at the Camden address.] The pair supposedly paid $250 and planned to convert its big trunk into a sniper's den.
[The car looks like it is in good condition, and it was capable of driving to Baton Rouge and back. Many freepers point out that this car is worth more like $2000. That plus Muhammad had just stolen $3000 on September 5th, so possibly some kind of tax-scam occurred during the sale]
- September 11 2002 - New Jersey - Three people appear involved, registering a newly purchased blue Chevrolet Caprice (former POLICE CAR), at the exact time and date of the WTC attack anniversary. Muhammad and Nathanial Osbourne co-register the car, while a third person phones in a bomb threat.
- September 14 2002 closing time - Silver Spring MD - The shooters try out their sniper car for the (first?) time outside Hillandale Beer & Wine store on a Saturday night. The store clerk, Rupinder(Benny) Oberoi, is shot once in the chest and survives, and the bullet is too fragmented to match with later shootings. But police later confirm this shooting is linked to Muhammad/Malvo. A 19-year-old clerk at the nearby Safeway grocery store told police he saw a dark-colored Chevrolet Caprice leave the parking lot immediately after the shooting. "It was like an old police car" the witness said.
- September 15 2002 - Clinton MD - Brandywine Liquors owner is shot in the stomach at closing time with a small caliber handgun and is robbed. Victim survives. The bullet matches the .22 caliber handgun linked to Muhammad & Malvo.
- on or before September 20 2002 @ Commerce Georgia - A Virginia sheriff reports that FBI said Muhammad/Malvo were positively linked to the al-Fuqra terrorist cell in GEORGIA. M & M probably stayed there one or more days before continuing on to Atlanta, Montgomery, and Baton Rouge.
[the upper-most STAR on the map is Commerce GA]
- September 21 2002 @ about 12:05am, Atlanta Georgia - Ballistics tests show that a .22-caliber Magnum pistol recovered by Alabama police fired the shots that killed Million Waldemariam, 41, outside Sonny's liquor store in Atlanta around midnight. Muhammad and Malvo have been positively linked.
- September 21 2002 @ about 10pm, closing time - Montgomery Alabama - Muhammad / Malvo and a presumed a 3rd person commit a hold-up outside an ABC Beverages liquor store as the doors are being locked. A clerk is shot in the back of the head, it glanced off and exited her cheek. She survives. [this was probably the low-power .22 bullet] The manager is shot in the back and dies. One of these women were shot with the high-powered .223 Bushmaster. Police arrive and see Muhammad rummaging thru a purse, holding the handgun. No one saw anyone holding the .223 Bushmaster. A third person assists their escape using the blue Chevrolet Caprice. The .22 caliber Magnum was dropped in a chase, and found under leaves in October.
"Camp Ground Zero" terrorist training camp is one hour away, in Marion AL, however it does not seem like shooters had time to spend there at THIS time.
The 3rd person could NOT have been Osbourne because he was employed briefly by a NJ newspaper on Sept 23rd.
- September 23 at 6:35 p.m. - Baton Rouge LA - Hong Im Ballenger, 45, was shot once in the head after she closed her beauty shop and was getting into her car; She died instantly.
The bullet has been positively ID'ed to the .223 Bushmaster rifle. Seen running from her car was a black man 130- to 140-pounds who stands about 5 feet 2 inches tall.
The man was picked up by the dark blue Chevrolet that had earlier been parked across the street from the shooting. Killers got $1000 from her purse that she was going to deposit in the bank.
- September 24 Baton Rouge LA - receipts found in the Caprice showed both men were "in a local store near the murder scene the day after the murder." The store is believed to be a health-food store the pair frequented.
- September 28 2002 2:58pm - Gulfport Mississippi - Police report seeing their empty car in a parking lot, the blue Chevrolet Caprice with New Jersey plates NDA-21Z, as they investigated a report of an unattended child in another car. The police found the Caprice was not wanted.
- October 1, 1:30am - Fairfax County VA Police see the blue Caprice and run their plates. No action taken.
- October 1 - Killers return to the Silver Spring area and are apparently pumped up to kill more. They likely got rest at a safe-house, and scoped out their plan of attack. It is far too coincidental that there is a Mohammed residence (apartment #5) at 3974 Bel Pre Road, [the exact same address as the last shooting]. Nation of Islam converts often change their last names to Mohammad, and the shooters know them to be sympathetic or co-conspirators themselves. Lee Malvo's mother is also living in the DC area, we learn later.
- October 2 - Killers spend the day planning and visiting their murder sites,
Abt 1pm, Montgomery county police ran their plates for an unknown reason.
Abt 5pm, the pair started their shooting spree one block from the apartment, at the Michaels store: 13850 Georgia Ave. The bullet was deflected by the glass and just misses clerk Ann Chapman.
Abt 6pm, the pair shot and killed their first victim, James Martin in nearby Wheaton.
Abt 8pm, Muhammad was ticketed by Montgomery county for a traffic violation.
- October 03 2002@. DC area -
At 1:30am, DC police ran their tags, and questioned M & M.
At 7:41am, James Buchanan was killed while mowing grass at an auto mall in White Flint MD.
At 8:12am, Kumar Walekar was killed while pumping gas at the 13800 block of Connecticut Ave, in Silver Spring. [ TWO blocks from 'the apartment'] Kumar was a 'regular' and well known to residents nearby, [AND (imho) he was known to M & M also].
At 8:37am, Sarah Ramos was killed outside a Silver Spring post office.
At 9:58am, Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera was killed at a gas station at Connecticut and Knowles.
At 2pm, Muhammad ate lunch alone at Boston Market, and sat by the windows watching outside. [same address as the Michael's store, 1 block from 'the apartment']
At 2:30pm, Montgomery co. police again ran their tags,
At 5:16pm, Muhammad or Malvo used an AT&T phone calling card from a pay phone to call a cell phone in Baton Rouge.
[ EVIDENCE OF AN ACCOMPLICE! ]
[ Reports from Antigua also said Muhammad often bought calling cards and made calls from pay phones.]
Abt 7pm, Metro police in DC pulled over Williams and Malvo because they did not completely stop at a stop sign. The officer ran their tags and let them go.
At 9:20 pm, Pascal Charlot was killed in DC just after a traffic light changed and Charlot stepped off a curb near 7700 Georgia Avenue. A witness saw a dark Chevrolet Caprice leaving with its lights off and reported it to police.
Abt 10:30pm, police ran the car's plates again after spotting it on the Capital Beltway heading toward Virginia.
- Police are convinced the shooters must live nearby, since so many shooting occur in close proximity and shooters know the area very well.
- ...many more shootings occur around DC. Here are three local timelines...
FoxNews brief timeline Oct 02 to Oct 24
CBC News inDepth timeline Oct 02 to Oct 24
ABC News timeline w/victim photos Oct 02 to Oct 24
- October 05 2002@ on a Saturday, Muhammad and Malvo were pricing vertical blinds at the Next Day Blinds store at 13505 Connecticut Ave. [4 blocks from 'the apartment'] They had already killed 6 and wounded 1 around DC, and may have already tried to contact police once about ransom.
They were thinking about setting up their new home following their escape. Muhammad had earlier priced rattan furniture at a Home Office Depot in Antigua.
- October 19 - The killers demand $10 million be deposited into a Platinum Visa credit card account, and a specific PIN number must be activated along with "unlimited withdrawals" from "anywhere in the world".
[ Muhammad appears to plan an Electronic Funds Transfer into foreign banks. This also suggest foreign accomplice(s), ie: Muhammad's August 2002 trip to Antigua where he made 'banking' arrangements. Muhammad was friends with a John Ferris, who was an investment banker and treasurer in Antigua, and who flew to Puerto Rico on the same American Airlines flight as Muhammad, his 3 kids, and Malvo on May 31 2001. Ferris was arrested Nov 2002 for possessing a passport fraudulently obtained using documents forged by Muhammad.]
- October 21 - Nathanial Osbourne left NJ suddenly and arrived unannounced in Flint MI. He went there to try to marry a US citizen he barely knew. But she insists she is NOT EVEN his girlfriend!
In November, as soon as Mr. Osbourne hears a federal judge say he is no longer under house arrest, Osbourne announces his intentions to return to Jamaica.
- October 22 - The last fatal shooting will occur directly outside the apartment on Bel Pre road.... Mohammad, who frequently rides busses, probably knew, and has been angered in the past by this driver or one of his co-workers.
The 35-year-old Jamaican-born bus driver was Conrad Johnson.
- October 23 - The snipers also demand a crazy message be read to the public exactly as-is.
The message ends with "...like a duck in a noose". Chief Inspector Moose realizes this might be a hidden terror-cell's code words, but decides to honor their demand.
Moose tells the press it is just a simple Cherokee folklore.
[ Or could this be a Cryptogram? See if you can solve it...]
Answer: Usama Bin _ _ _ _ _
(Hint: The answer requires the common Middle-eastern spelling
of this sniper spree's mastermind, NOT the Americanized spelling.)
- Oct. 23 -- 11:45 p.m.: A Police alert occurs [actually it's a news leak via a police scanner]
for a blue 1990 Chevrolet Caprice with New Jersey plates NDA-21Z Caprice
and a white 1989 Chevrolet Celebrity with Maryland plates ZWE-517.
There was never any more news about Maryland ZWE-517, the 2ND SHOOTER's CAR!
- About an hour later, truck driver Ron Lancz finds Muhammad and Malvo in a Maryland rest area,
- He calls 911 and then waits an agonizing 15 minutes for police to arrive.
- Mr. Lancz uses his own truck to block the exit so the snipers could not escape.
- The heroic driver says he does not want the reward money: "It should go to the victim's families", says Mr. Lancz.
this and other timelines are occasionally updated and the latest
can be found at the Muhammad/Malvo Sniper Timelines.
To: TexKat; Grampa Dave; Sacajaweau; browardchad; Shermy; ~Kim4VRWC's~; Travis McGee; Fred Mertz; ...
October 21 2002
- Muhammad/Malvo are seen several times in Aspen Hill. They are apparently scouting out other kill(s) for the coming days. In one case, Muhammad was reported as panhandling, "begging for gas money".
But more likely, they were using their GPS
(Global Positioning System) to memorize shooting locations and to measure distances.
One likely future 'kill site'
was the Next Day Blinds store at 13505 Connecticut Ave
where the pair shopped on October 5th. That store is on the east side of Connecticut(Hwy 185), very near the road. Along the west side of Connecticut, is the frontage road- Turkey Branch Parkway. Muhammad parked the Caprice on the frontage road, in front of the Valdivia residence at 13505 Turkey Branch Pkwy
. That address is approximately 150 yards due-west of the Blinds store,
[perfect shooting distance].
The blue Chevy stopped outside the home of Rivelino Valdivia, age 22, while he was cleaning out the trunk of his car. Muhammad was spotted, so he left the Caprice and approached Valdivia. "He said, 'I need help. My wife is in the hospital. My mom is in the hospital. I need money for gasoline'. Meanwhile, Malvo in the Caprice, was most likely marking the spot with their GPS, and measuring the distance to the front door of the Next Day Blinds shop.
An earlier murder of Kumar Walekar occurred 400 yards north, on October 3rd, at the Mobil station on the southwest corner of Connecticut and Aspen Hill Rd. This shooting may also have been done from a Turkey Branch Parkway vantage point.
First I've heard of the tag being run 1:30 AM on Oct. 3 in D.C. Do you know where in D.C. they were spotted? (I'm wondering if they were sleeping in the car parked in some lot.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson