Skip to comments.
Free Republic Highlights, 3/05/03
Posted on 03/05/2003 3:32:40 AM PST by I Am Not A Mod
Edited on 03/05/2003 3:46:30 AM PST by Admin Moderator.
Free Republic Highlights, 3/05/03
Added 6:43 AM EST:
- All I can say is wow. This thread started back in April, 2002 with a bunch of links to stories documenting the evolution of Chavez as a totalitarian in Venezuela. The amazing thing is that it has been added to, constantly. A phenomenal resource for following the Venezuela saga. Free Republic thread here
Added 6:30 AM EST:
- In case you missed it yesterday (and because it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipie again, oh no!) we have compiled a thread to make it so that you can with a click or two set up whatever topics you want as sidebars. Free Republic thread here.
- The debate on this thread is heated, although the title is misleading: Lawyer Arrested For Wearing 'Peace' T-Shirt. More accurately, he was arrested for trespassing after refusing to leave the mall at the request of mall security (they asked him to leave because of the t-shirt). Did the police act properly? Did the mall? Were the man's rights violated, or did a jerk get what he deserved? Reuters via ABC article here, Free Republic thread here.
- Breaking news from the New York Times: Men and women are different! And its all guys' fault. NY Times piece here, Free Republic piece here.
- Anti-war Republicans and conservatives have another Congressman to cheer. Rep. Duncan's page here, Free Republic thread here.
- The DC Chapter was invited to Nightline, where they got to see bias slowly unfold during a townhall. It's ok though, Ted Koppel personally took responsibility for it. DC Chapter page here, Free Republic thread here.
- R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. says Hillary is running. American Prowler article here, Free Republic thread here.
- A spectre haunts Specter. Boo. More on the coming Specter/Toomey primary battle. Weekly Standard article here, Free Republic thread here.
- Should France face nuclear disarmament? Townhall.com article here, Free Republic article here.
- From the poll vault: Rudy would beat Chuck. NY Post article here, Free Republic thread here.
- More polls: Bush approval-62%. Go it alone if necessary in Iraq-59%. Washington Post article here, Free Republic thread here.
- The kooks invaded NY City Hall. NY Post article here, Free Republic thread here.
- The core of the current 'peace' movement: is it anti-war or anti-US? NY Post article here, Free Republic thread here.
- And finally- the administration claims it has thwarted 20 terror plots in the US. NY Post article here, Free Republic thread here.
TOPICS: Front Page News; News/Current Events
If you think a thread should be a highlight, you can post a link to it on this thread- preferrably with a brief reason why it is a highlight. I may add it to the top, or I may not, depending on if I agree and if I am around and if I have the time and if I am not beseiged by a swarm of rabid locusts. But even if I do not add it to the top, by posting a link to it to this thread, those who read this thread will see your recommendation.
If you want to find the highlight thread each day (assuming that it seems worthwhile enough to compile), use this bookmark.
Want to add a bookmark to that search on your profile? Here is how. Copy this URL: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/search?s=Free+Republic+Highlights&ok=Search&m=exact&o=time. Then click this link. On the resulting page, change the title to be something like "Free Republic Highlights" and replace everything in the URL field with what you copied above. Hit the Okay button and there you go!
Yesterday's highlights can be found here.
A thread with an explanation of how these threads will work can be found on this thread here.
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson