Most people are put off by the actual words of the Scriptures.
Most "Chri$tian$" such as yourself IGNORE most of the scriptures, picking and choosing those they will embrace, and putting aside the great majority because they are "too hard" to live and "too hard" to understand.
By your slim pickins' I see you are one of those.
I pity you.
posted on 01/30/2003 7:03:19 AM PST
I pity you.
KJV Luke 18:10-14
10. Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
posted on 01/30/2003 7:40:24 AM PST
(I trust in Jesus.... THOUSANDS OF EXISTING MANUSCRIPTS speak of Him!)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson