Skip to comments.Thread by @KimStrassel: "1)A few questions @Comey should have been asked--but wasn't
Posted on 04/16/2018 12:05:35 PM PDT by savedbygrace
1)A few questions @Comey should have been asked--but wasn't:
(Excerpt) Read more at threadreaderapp.com ...
Like all the rest of his fellow democrats, comey’s a political hack and a lying hypocrite.
I think most of these are questions that should be asked of Lying Comey.
A few questions Comey should have been asked--but wasn't:
- You repeatedly note the "source" of the dossier (Steele) was "credible." Does the FBI routinely view as "credible" sources hired by political operatives? You say Steele had a "track record" but did fact he was now working for politicals--in an election year--not concern you?
- Did you know Mr. Steele had been hired by Fusion GPS? Did FBI do any due diligence on Fusion, and discover its long record of being hired to dirty the reputations of its clients' political foes? If not, why not?
- You say you knew dossier was funded by a "Democrat-aligned" group but you never knew which one. Why on earth not? Did FBI truly not care where info came from? Who was paying for it? Doesn't this go direct to source credibility?
- Did you ask Steele who had ultimately hired him? If he claimed to not know wouldn't that be worrisome--that a "credible" source (and former spy!) was willing to work for/benefit an unknown client? If by contrast he refused to tell you, doesn't that undercut credibility?
- You claim the "effort" was originally financed by a Republican source. You are aware, correct, that the actual dossier effort was only ever financed by the DNC and Clinton campaign?
- Steele (by his own admission) handed info to FBI and then briefed press--despite having been told not to Are these the actions of a "credible" source? Does it concern you that your "credible" source blew open to the public your investigation?
- The FBI must've known the fall news stories--particularly Yahoo News--came from Steele. Sourcing was obvious. Yet you told FISA court your "credible" source had not talked to media. Either u didn't follow up on stories before going to court, or Steele lied to you. Which?
- You say nobody should ever lie to FBI. If Mr. Steele did lie, why has he not been prosecuted?
- You admit dossier still "unverified" at the time you were fired. Yet you used specific unverified claims in it (Page) as basis of FISA warrant four times. Explain.
- You say what mattered was dossier's central "premise"--that Russia attempted to interfere in election. Can you name a time in modern history where Russia wasn't doing that? So why then give special credence to a politically motivated, salacious dossier?
- Again, given your strong feelings about lying: Why did the FBI never take any follow up action against Huma Abedin, whose statements to FBI are at odds with emails FBI possessed?
- Also on lying: FBI usually interviews witnesses up front, to see if they lie at start. Why did u not interview Clinton until after whole YEAR of work, and after you'd made judgement? U say impt FBI treats everyone same. Why all the special Hillary interview accomodations?
- Please discuss Andrew McCabe and that IG report that finds he lied repeatedly--both to you and about you. Do you still believe he "stood tall" as you Tweeted in Jan? Or is he one of the "small people" helping "tear down" an institution?
- You say you believe in "chain of command" and note how you followed AG Lynch's instructions even on questionable issues (like that "matter"). How do you explain your contrasting dismissal of AG Sessions authority, and your decision to conceal vital information from him?
- You justify your numerous releases of FBI information on grounds that each met high bar of serving "public interest." Yet you saw no "public interest" in confirming publicly what you'd told Trump privately--that he was not under investigation?
- It seems many of your decisions factored in politics. IE you note expecting Clinton to win, worry of "illegitimate" prez. Does this not run directly counter to DOJ policy, which specifically states: "politics must play no role in the decisions of federal investigators"?
Strassel is excellent but no one can explain why all this has been a. sh**show and no one is indicted.....
Why does not someone ask why the Comey firing automatically, as a law of nature, necessitated the hiring of a special prosecutor?
Comey himself testified before Congress that the investigation would continue without him.
Also, Presidential elections have over a two hundred year history of being orchestrated by the “experts” who have spent a lifetime at the craft.
That is why the words “Russian collusion” always ends the sentence with a period following with no explanation of what the Russians so successfully and so effectively did that it is hidden from the world’s best intelligence agencies.
What on earth would the Trump organization expect to gain from reaching out to the Russians for help in defeating the witch when the Russian managers in the few elections they have had orchestrate elections using vodka and poison?
Initially we heard of “Russian hacking of the election” that formed the foundational accusation but that has been untethered from the entire fiction and now the lie floats on top of the sewer water like so much ordure that is carefully guarded by Mueller and Trey Gowdy.
I have asked a similar question and have never read an explanation anywhere.
Do you actually know these as facts or are you just making crap up?
Did your mommy dress you or are you gay?
Why the heck were you flying on a government plane after you were fired. And why were you drinking wind from a paper coffee cup on the taxpayers’ dime?
Hiding in the curtains, being scared of a dinner with Trump, and you “oh, no” face proves you’re not leadership material. What say you?
Why are you not wearing your “I’m with Her!” lapel pin?
Who did you vote for?
People still say he is a Republican, but he announced that he dropped that affiliation around 2016 to become an “independent.”
To me, his political affiliation is “dedicated servant of Hillary Clinton.”
Did Comey (or Mueller or anyone else) ever interview Steele under oath?
Im pretty sure nobody has done that.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.