Skip to comments.What Jobless Recovery? (Michelle Obama has created more jobs than any other First Lady in history!!)
Posted on 10/26/2009 7:24:47 PM PDT by SeekAndFind
The radical left economist Paul Krugman recently opined that the United States is headed into a jobless recovery despite the three-quarter trillion dollar stimulus package that the Obama administration said would keep unemployment below 8%.
According to one report, the unemployment rate, now 9.7 percent in the United States and 11.9 percent in California, will continue to rise. But these unemployment statistics only reflect those who are actually collecting unemployment checks. They do not reflect how many people have run out of unemployment benefits and thus fallen off the official radar screen.
Krugmans prescription, of course, is to have another stimulus package.
But I disagree. We dont need another stimulus package, because the remedy is already to hand. The Canada Free Press informs us that Michelle Obama is a one-woman job creation machine right inside the White House. In less than a year, she has managed to hire at least 200% more personal servants than any other First Lady in the entire history of the American Republic. Currently, the number stands at 26, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.
The collective salary of Micheles personal staff apparently costs the American taxpayer $1,750,000.00 per year, plus benefit packages.
keep those unemployment figures down!
Michelle Obama is served by twenty-six attendants, including a hair dresser and make-up artist.
The annual cost to taxpayers for such unprecedented attention is approximately $1,750,000 without taking into account the expense of the lavish benefit packages afforded to every attendant.
Little did American voters realize the call for change would result in the establishment of an Obama oligarchy.
The discovery of the additional attendants was made by DAngelo Gore of factcheck.org and by calls to Katie McCormick Lelyyeld, Michelle Obamas press secretary.
The following is a list of White House staff members assigned to the First Lady:
1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $102,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $65,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $60,000 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $45,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $36,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $36,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
Does Mrs. Obama have an unprecedented number of staffers in a time when 34 million Americans - - a record number - - rely on food stamps to feed their families?
The answer, as DAngelo Gore of factcheck.org discovered, is yes.
When questioned by Mr. Gore, Katie McCormick Lelyveld, Michelle Obamas press secretary, said that the First Lady does retain a staff of more than twenty who remain at her beck and call. But the actual number is 24, not 22, as the article reported.
Mrs. Lelyyeld failed to provide the names of the two additional attendants to Mrs. Obama. But she did confirm that six staffers who do not have first lady in their title but are a part of the First Ladys office staff, such as Desiree Rogers, who bears the title Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary, and Natalie Bookey, who is listed as a staff assistant.
Whats more, even a list of 24 would be incomplete since it would fail to include the names of makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and First Hairstylist Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travel aboard Air Force One and provide Mrs. Obama with daily attention.
This adds up to a whopping $1,600,700.00 and the amount doesnt include the elite benefit packages granted to the White House staff and their significant others (include same-sex partners). Nor does the figure take into account the salaries for the two additional full-time staff members mentioned by Mrs. Obamas Press Secretary nor the full time hair-dresser and makeup artist assigned to her. A guesstimate of the total salaries for Mrs. Obamas attendants is $1,750,00.00 plus the additional benefits.
For comparison, lets remember that poor Bess Truman and Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salaries for 5 of their personal secretaries from their own pocketbooks. Stephen Plotkin, reference archivist for the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, says that Jacqueline Kennedys office was headed by one person who supervised a staff of approximately nine full and part time workers (including the White House cooks and chambermaids).
Kim Coryat, an archives technician at the William J. Clinton Presidential Library, says that it is difficult to nail down a precise count of staff because White House staffing for all offices ebbs and flows with time. But she points out that a White House telephone directory indicates that Hillary Clinton had a staff of thirteen in 1993 - - this is telling since Mrs. Clinton intended to serve as a co-executive in the Oval Office by spearheading a health care reform program.
The only jobs she`s created are the sanitation work for all the Bull S#*t that woman puts out,along with her TOTUS husband.
Between servants and Czars there shouldn’t be any unemployment should there?
You know, I don’t remember her being elected to anything.
Thought my job was secure but I lost it today.
Well, nothing in this post to agitate me...
Out doimg Hillary is a feat, in it’s self.
Hang in there American, sorry about your job.
So, the first lady’s staffers earn more than our most senior military officers, who lead millions of servicemembers into battle??? Why is this so tolerable to us? This is disgusting. My base pay wasn’t much more than her lowest staffer at the end of my 20+ years ( I was just medically retired this month!). These democrats have no problem spending money that they didn’t and could never earn.
Sorry. This is sad news, moreso, since it was unexpected. Under this admin, it seems we can’t count on anything being secure. Do you feel like anything is promising - job wise - in your area?
“Let them eat kale!”
This staff is vitally important to Moosechelle - who will carry the cash and tote the veggies from the farmer’s market?
Starkey...could this person be related to Starkey International, where the rich and the helpless like Paris Hilton hire their flunkies and asswipes?
With the horrible economy showing no sign of improvement, I think we can all find comfort in the fact that Present Pantywaist’s golf game is improving.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.