Skip to comments.Stand with President Trumpís Supreme Court Nominee
Posted on 02/01/2017 9:49:13 AM PST by johnk
President Trump stood by his promise to nominate a strong constitutionalist worthy of Justice Scalias seat.
Now hes calling on you to stand by his side as he faces an uphill fight in the Senate to confirm the Honorable Judge Neil Gorsuch.
Tell Senate Democrats to confirm Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
I intend to.
I’d tell Senate democrats to go to hell.
Moved to breaking news!
Am absolutely standing with President Trump and his nomination of Honorable Judge Neil Gorsuch.
Sent a message that ‘rat bastard Manchin: Support Gorsuch or face defeat in 2018.
2006 Gorsuch confirmation hearing
If anyone would get a list of who voted to confirm him in the past, it would be a good thing.
As you voted to confirm Goresuch in....
I’ll admit that he surprised me, but I’m happy about it.
Why do you want to send them back from where they came! I suppose it would be better for us.
I’m taking a “wait and see” attitude on this Judge. I like him from what I saw in his introduction last night by POTUS. But I have several questions which I’d like to see answered.
1. Is he going to strictly interpret the Constitution?
2. Is he going to strictly respect the boundaries of authority where Congress has their role (i.e. Article 1), President has his role (i.e. Article 2), and the States/People have their role (i.e. Amendments 9/10), and the other Constitution restrictions?
3. Is he going to allow for government to misinterpret the “Necessary and Proper” clause in Article 1 Section 8 as a vehicle for bankrupting our country and turning us into a place where freedom is toast and government control reigns supreme.
4. Same question regarding the Commerce clause of Article 1 Section 8.
5. What if a scenario comes up where his view of what is best and fair differs from what a strict interpretation of the Constitution says? Will he go with the Constitution and then offer suggestions? Or will he try to usurp the Constitution like a power hungry madman?
I really don’t know enough about this Judge. But I will be watching and evaluating.
By suggestions I mean: “The Court rules against [some proposal to violate the Constitution for some pet project agenda of a power hungry despot] because the Constitution prohibits [clarification] and the parties who seek this action should follow the Article V process to amend the Constitution if they intend to eliminate the foundational principles of our country’s government.
These Senators voted to confirm Neil Gorsuch in 2006.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.