Skip to comments.American Patrol Endorses Bill Jones
Posted on 01/29/2002 9:50:45 AM PST by janetgreen
JANUARY 29, 2002
AMERICANPATROL.COM ENDORSES BILL JONES
Calls for reinstatement of Proposition 187
Americanpatrol.com has endorsed California Secretary of State, Republican Bill Jones, for governor of California.
Glenn Spencer, president of americanpatrol.com, says Jones is the most qualified of the three Republicans running in the March primary, and is on the right side of the illegal immigration issue. Bill Jones was on the side of sixty percent of Californians when he voted for Proposition 187, Spencer said, and polls show support for 187 is just as broad today.
Dick Riordan left Los Angeles with a crumbling health care system, demoralized police, and on the brink of a breakup,² Spencer observed. Dick Riordan supports amnesty for illegal aliens and, if that happens, it would lead to the break up of the United States as well, he added.
Spencer was active in the campaign to pass Proposition 187 and led a 1999 effort to recall Davis after he killed Proposition 187. Spencer said Gray Davis ignored the will of the people by joining with the president of Mexico to kill Proposition 187 before it could reach the Supreme Court.
Bill Jones could become governor by promising voters to ask the court to reinstate the Proposition 187 case, Spencer said. ³The people of California spoke on 187; why not let the Supreme Court decide if it is constitutional?
I hope some of the Bill Simon defenders will come out and tell us why he hasn't said anything similar about prop 187.
Nick Jesson also has very strong positions on immigration reform, and spoke at an American Patrol rally...wonder what decided Glenn to endorse Jones?
"Bill Simon does not support any call for special benefits or amnesty for lawbreakers, regardless of who is calling for it.
1. Bill believes in strong border control
2. He believes that you only encourage illegal activity by giving special benefits to illegal aliens
3. He is opposed to tuition credits for illegal aliens
4. He opposes drivers licenses for illegal aliens
5. Senator Dick Mountjoy, the father of Prop. 187, supports Bill Simon.
6. Bill Simon opposes amnesty for illegal aliens.
7. The new Bush budget adds $2.1 billion for border control, this is a good start, but still not enough. Tracking aliens, returning illegals when found, bringing criminal actions against any employer of illegals, are some of the ways we will get a handle on this.
I hope you will help with the campaign. Please let your friends know, via email, Bill's position on illegal aliens."