Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Why America is growing tired of Palin
CNN ^ | 21 January 2011 | Gloria Borger

Posted on 01/21/2011 4:10:24 AM PST by Erik Latranyi

Washington (CNN) -- OK, you've got Palin fatigue. Not to worry. So does much of the country: The latest CNN poll shows that 56 percent of Americans view her unfavorably.

More damaging, though, is this: Sarah Palin's unfavorable rating among women has gone up 10 points. And 59 percent of those all-important independent voters don't like her -- and that's up a stunning 14 points in just a few months.

You might argue it's because of the debate surrounding the Tucson shootings -- specifically, Palin's tone-deaf response to the unfair charges that she was somehow responsible for a deranged shooter's state of mind. And that could well be part of it. But there's more: She's completely overstayed her welcome.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...

TOPICS: Society
KEYWORDS: 2012; cnn; freepressforpalin; media; palin; palinfatigue; sarahpalin
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-172 next last
The liberals are desperately trying to tear down anybody who could be a threat to their own creation ---- President Obama, the man on course to repeat President Carter's 1980 performance in 2012.
1 posted on 01/21/2011 4:10:27 AM PST by Erik Latranyi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Erik Latranyi

I happened to hear that vile old skank Joan Rivers attack Palin on TV. It was disgusting. I don’t know what it is that drives liberals to such a frenzy of hatred against her, but she must be doing something right.

2 posted on 01/21/2011 4:13:15 AM PST by from occupied ga (Your most dangerous enemy is your own government,)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Perhaps this means THEY will stop talking about her.

Not.

3 posted on 01/21/2011 4:16:53 AM PST by Blueflag (Res ipsa loquitur)

I’m growing tired of CNN and the rest of the Democrat Media Complex’s propaganda they pass off as “reporting.”

4 posted on 01/21/2011 4:16:56 AM PST by stratman1969

OK, you’ve got Palin fatigue. Not to worry. We in the media have PDS to spare, and intend to spare no expense at proving it!

5 posted on 01/21/2011 4:17:26 AM PST by LRS ("This is silly! It can't be! It can't be!!" "Oh yes it is! I said you wouldn't know the joint.")

To: from occupied ga
Hard to say. It's clear she is an irritant to them. But I also think it's hard to dismiss polls showing that she's as unpopular as Obama, perhaps more so. Yeah, yeah, polls are rigged, polls can be twisted, and polls were pretty much right on in 2008.

Conservatives would be better advised to figure out what it is that the so-called "independents" don't like about her and, if possible, fix it. But on thread after thread, I keep telling people that I work with college students every day, and none of the conservatives kids love her. They are all jazzed about most other conservatives, and even many who are RINOS, but for whatever reason they are not excited about Palin. My take is that she's too close to their mother's age.

6 posted on 01/21/2011 4:17:29 AM PST by LS ("Castles made of sand, fall in the sea . . . eventually." (Hendrix))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

***She’s completely overstayed her welcome.***

The MSM plan is coming into focus.

For 2 years, these morons have depicted Sarah - in every possible negative way; in order to assassinate her character. It’s clear that tactic has not worked - so they now must bid farewell.

Sarah wins;)

Idiots!

7 posted on 01/21/2011 4:18:09 AM PST by sodpoodle (Despair; man's surrender. Laughter; God 's redemption.)

The bigger question is who cares about Gloria Borger?

At any rate, Sarah is a bit overexposed, there is some risk of people getting too much of her. I hope she tones things down going into 2012 in terms of reality shows, media circuses and so on - she needs to stick to looking serious and Presidential.

America needs someone exactly like here as President, I hope either it works out with Sarah, or there’s a brilliant bait and switch to her political/ethical/moral/leadership spirit twin (whoever that might be, I sure don’t see one among the current crop of GOP hopefuls).

8 posted on 01/21/2011 4:18:15 AM PST by PreciousLiberty

the Left is scared diaperless by Sarah, or, for that matter, any heterosexual-supportive, family-supportive, church-supportive, constitution-supportive overachieving woman.

9 posted on 01/21/2011 4:19:40 AM PST by blueplum

To: from occupied ga
Any poll that doesn't list its internals doesn't warrant being given the time of day. Palin is far more popular now that the Left has chosen to oviously falsely accuse her of being accessory to murder, and even moreso since she came out swinging at the evil droolers for their dishonesty.

This poll is just more Leftist weasel runny rump snot. They can jam it back where they got it, and like it.

I can't wait until Sarah is our president, and she will be, by a landslide.

8^D

10 posted on 01/21/2011 4:19:53 AM PST by Gargantua (Palin ~ West 2012... Demand Exceptional--America deserves the best)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: PreciousLiberty

here = her. Maybe it was just wishful thinking.. ;-)

11 posted on 01/21/2011 4:20:01 AM PST by PreciousLiberty
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Well, anyone we have who is doing well is a threat to the libs! Maybe at least if they are busy attacking our Sarah, they are leaving the rest alone for now. Sadly all they do is attack and call names and charge us with racism. (even though there is only ONE race = the Human Race) Maybe they are so busy attacking Sarah, that they aren’t attacking Paul Ryan, Tim Scott, etc... yet.... Libs just make me SICK. I wish they would all crawl back under the rock they slivered out from under

12 posted on 01/21/2011 4:20:17 AM PST by buffyt (Abortion is the ultimate CHILD ABUSE!)

Let them talk about Americans being tired of ZERo, and the last election that
STOLE seats from the RATs.

HAHA, You lost!

13 posted on 01/21/2011 4:20:33 AM PST by MaxMax

To: stratman1969

AMEN!

14 posted on 01/21/2011 4:20:37 AM PST by buffyt (Abortion is the ultimate CHILD ABUSE!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

They write a plethora of anti-Palin articles every day then cite polls on her popularity.

The MSM do love their self-fulfilling prophecies, don’t they?

15 posted on 01/21/2011 4:22:16 AM PST by relictele

To: LS
Yeah, you keep your finger in the water of those college marxist indoctrinees, get a real temperature check on the political climate.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

(P.S.) Those college pukes represent about 2% of the vote in a national election. Can you say "irrelevant"?

I can.

8^D

16 posted on 01/21/2011 4:23:35 AM PST by Gargantua (Palin ~ West 2012... Demand Exceptional--America deserves the best)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: relictele
The MSM do love their self-fulfilling prophecies, don’t they?

And they still have to run bogus polls trying to prove she's unpopular. If they ran legitimate polls she would win.

That's what's really worrying them. They know the truth.

17 posted on 01/21/2011 4:24:01 AM PST by paulycy (Just be truthful and accurate. Let civility take care of itself.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Someone is very scared of Sarah Palin. She must have turned down the usual bribe money.

18 posted on 01/21/2011 4:24:56 AM PST by devere

“none of the conservatives kids love her.”

It is a pop culture thing.
Celebrities, teachers, the media..They all painted a bull’s eye on her, and have convinced the kids to hate her.
Ask any kid under 25 about Palin and they will go “YUK”.
It is the in thing to do now.

As for me, the more hate that I see, the more I believe that she would be the best POTUS of all the crowd.

19 posted on 01/21/2011 4:26:05 AM PST by AlexW

I work with college students every day, and none of the conservatives kids love her.

Minds full of mush. Maybe Palin should say she smoked pot in order
to patronize those who are to lazy to Vote.

I've never met a Conservative college student. And if you're a superior
I would factor in the grade answer to any of your questions to them.

20 posted on 01/21/2011 4:26:11 AM PST by MaxMax

To: blueplum

Bingo! The fact that they are constantly railing against her, shows that they are scared of her. The red-diaper-doper babies are part of the reason we ended up with the communist policies of late. The rest of the chilren thought that they were doing something historic in electing Barry, even though his past is very cloudy. Once they realize that BO has put them into so much debt that they cannot have everything they want, their thinking may change. The real rubber will meet the road when their children (our grandchildren) are under so much debt that they cannot afford a house because of hyper-inflation. If Sarah runs, and wins, she will most likely be another historic moment in American politics. My guess is that she’ll run in the future, but probably not in 2012.

21 posted on 01/21/2011 4:27:48 AM PST by toolman1401
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

"The latest CNN poll shows that 56 percent of Americans view her unfavorably."

What they really mean is that: "56 percent of CNN followers view her unfavorably."
Not exactly an earth-shattering revelation.

22 posted on 01/21/2011 4:29:51 AM PST by Psalm 73 ("Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room".)

To: stratman1969

CNN poll. Who gives a hoot! Watch FOX if you want what is really happening. The liberal media can spin all they want. More people are getting their news from alternative sources and some day the liberal media will just be dinosaurs.

23 posted on 01/21/2011 4:30:13 AM PST by toolman1401
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Actually, I don't believe that America is growing tired of Palin. Instead, I believe we're being systematically lied to to try to convince us that that's the case.
24 posted on 01/21/2011 4:32:39 AM PST by Doug Loss

It’s not “chic” in liberal circles such as colleges and the bar scene to support Palin.

25 posted on 01/21/2011 4:33:43 AM PST by eCSMaster (My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.)

Conservatives would be better advised to figure out what it is that the so-called
"independents" don't like about her and, if possible, fix it.

WTH? Capitulation does not represent conservative values.

Maybe you were confused and missed the RINO board.

Maybe you can you tell us why the 9/11 terrorists hated us so much, and
WHAT AMERICA DID WRONG?

26 posted on 01/21/2011 4:34:28 AM PST by MaxMax

I’ve had CNN fatigue for 20 years! That’s why I don’t watch it!

27 posted on 01/21/2011 4:36:33 AM PST by Cricket24 (Proud to be a CONSERVATIVE WOMAN!!!!!!!)

I have never seen such palpable and abject fear on the part of the left. They have spent a remarkable amount of time and money attacking Governor Palin.

I am so looking forward to the inauguration of President Palin.

28 posted on 01/21/2011 4:37:40 AM PST by snowsislander (Chicago-style politics at a national level is a national disgrace.)

These whackadrones can’t seem to convince even themselves that they’re not living on Planet Palin . . .

29 posted on 01/21/2011 4:38:09 AM PST by trailz

To: eCSMaster

***It’s not “chic” in liberal circles such as colleges and the bar scene to support Palin.***

But they WOULD vote for Tina Fey;)

30 posted on 01/21/2011 4:38:51 AM PST by sodpoodle (Despair; man's surrender. Laughter; God 's redemption.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Comment #31 Removed by Moderator

Conservatives would be better advised to figure out what it is that the so-called "independents" don't like about her and, if possible, fix it

Wow, totally bass ackward.. Conservatives need to stand for something, not be wishy washy. Independents I.E. sheeple need to figure out who they are.

32 posted on 01/21/2011 4:40:35 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed, and I do not give a damn.)

Kids that age don’t vote.

33 posted on 01/21/2011 4:40:41 AM PST by steve8714 (Firing Federal Bureaucrats would have a 1000x beneficial effect on the deficit, maybe more.)

To: trailz

These lefty moonbat assclowns should stock up on mental depends. If nothing else, Gov Palin provides us with entertaining observations of the DIM/LIBs as they flail about. LIB/DIMs...you are going DOWN (through the ballot, of course). Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

34 posted on 01/21/2011 4:42:49 AM PST by hal ogen (quit fighting these societal vampire DIM/LIB moonbats.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Agreed. Their irrational hatred is shocking.

35 posted on 01/21/2011 4:43:19 AM PST by trisham (Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness. And then what do you have? Bupkis.)

That is odd, the lady’s I am around - including my wife - have become bigger supporters of late. My wife had been beaten down my a lefty friend of hers and the despicable media into not liking Palin, until the Palin Alaska show. Now, she is back on board.

36 posted on 01/21/2011 4:43:35 AM PST by FreeAtlanta (RIP Royal Marshall, you ran the good race.)

To: eCSMaster

I know some conservative women who do not like Palin. Deep down, it is because Palin is good-looking.

When I argue with them, I tell them that that is why I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton, because she is not a hottie. That usually gets them thinking about their own position based on looks.

37 posted on 01/21/2011 4:45:50 AM PST by Erik Latranyi (Too many conservatives urge retreat when the war of politics doesn't go their way.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: Psalm 73
What they really mean is that: "56 percent of CNN followers view her unfavorably."

Which can roughly be translated into: 56 percent of liberals.

38 posted on 01/21/2011 4:46:53 AM PST by lowbridge (Rep. Dingell: "Its taken a long time.....to control the people.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

You might argue it’s because of the debate surrounding the Tucson shootings

I wouldn’t argue the point at all. Only deranged media whores, are still beating their wives and this dead horse. So you go from BushDS to PallinDS, nothing new under the sun.

39 posted on 01/21/2011 4:47:06 AM PST by wita

I believe she should tone down the achievements of her family, (before I get flamed) I am for her and and will vote for her. I think this country needs a change and she is the right one to do that. I don't think she is acting, I believe she is real.

I overheard different people talking about " lucky kids" They feel that the kids got some pretty good breaks because of their mom. Not my opinion but when you hear the same thing at different times by different people, I think there is something to it. I don't think the kids are getting that many breaks because they seem to be able to do well when on their own.

Palin is getting a lot of attention (and I believe the Libs are scared to death of her otherwise they would drop it). I can't imagine any of the other( considered "front runners") for the GOP being able to beat Obama. We can't have the MSM picking our primary winner like the last time. Its Palin all the way.

Give me time to get my tin foil hat adjusted.

40 posted on 01/21/2011 4:47:12 AM PST by depenzz (Its what you learn after you know it all that counts.)

To: PreciousLiberty

“hope either it works out with Sarah, or there’s a brilliant bait and switch to her political/ethical/moral/leadership spirit twin (whoever that might be, I sure don’t see one among the current crop of GOP hopefuls).”

Take another look at Michelle Bachman.

41 posted on 01/21/2011 4:47:51 AM PST by Josephat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

It’s like a circle with the left.

Trash her. Push a poll. Trash her in the analysis of the poll.

Start over.

42 posted on 01/21/2011 4:48:23 AM PST by nhwingut (Palin/Bachmann '12)

43 posted on 01/21/2011 4:50:34 AM PST by FreeAtlanta (RIP Royal Marshall, you ran the good race.)

They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
                  -- Hotel California 1977

44 posted on 01/21/2011 4:52:38 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed, and I do not give a damn.)

There is a very old expression that may be appropros here:
Consider the source

Sorry, stopped reading after seeing this was sourced from CNN.

Have a great day!

45 posted on 01/21/2011 5:00:06 AM PST by Miss_Meyet (I might be in favor of national healthcare if it required all Democrats to get their heads examined.)

The only thing I am Tired of is A-Holes telling me I am tired of something,or I Hate Someone I dont!

46 posted on 01/21/2011 5:00:58 AM PST by ballplayer

feh...
47 posted on 01/21/2011 5:01:14 AM PST by Chode (American Hedonist - *DTOM* -ww- NO Pity for the LAZY)

To: central_va

“Conservatives would be better advised to figure out what it is that the so-called “independents” don’t like about her and, if possible, fix it

Wow, totally bass ackward.. Conservatives need to stand for something, not be wishy washy. Independents I.E. sheeple need to figure out who they are.”

I agree. I’m drawn to Palin because, when I don’t hear a liar when she opens her mouth, as I do with just about every other politician I can think of (not to mention I happen to agree with what she says, of course!).

For Palin to “figure out” what she needs to do to appeal to “independents” suggests that she throw her own beliefs out the window and “moderate” herself to appeal to a bunch of goofballs who are probably too scared to vote for her anyway...and that’s exactly the WRONG thing to do because it IS dishonest.

And, of course, that touches on the big problem our party has. As Rush has said a number of times, if people in our party just stood up and said what they believe instead of worrying about what the deranged left and media is going to say about them, we’d win in a landslide. But they don’t.
Thankfully, Palin isn’t like them, and it looks like we might actually have a Presidential contender who isn’t just saying: “how can I make everyone like me TODAY?”.

48 posted on 01/21/2011 5:02:27 AM PST by Pravious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

Comment #49 Removed by Moderator

OK, you've got Palin fatigue. Not to worry. So does much of the country: The latest CNN poll shows that 56 percent of Americans view her unfavorably.

Oh, you mean like the public has toward CNN?

Like maybe even when (PMS)NBC is beating youse guys?

Don't get too upset over this folks, cuz only about 64,127 people saw it anyway.

Those who hate Sarah Palin the most do so because of their own guilt. In her they find a reminder of their own failings and shortcomings; they strike out hatefully because of their guilt!

Like Shakespeare once said, or at least wrote, “In time we hate that which we often fear”.

50 posted on 01/21/2011 5:04:06 AM PST by Conservative Vermont Vet ((One of ONLY 37 Conservatives in the People's Republic of Vermont. Socialists and Progressives All))

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-172 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson