Skip to comments.Michael Schiavo's former girlfriend speaks:
Posted on 03/24/2005 4:52:24 AM PST by Just Kimberly
Hyscience Clinical Pharmacology, Medical-Legal Jurisprudance, and Center of the Road Views on Politics and News.
« Despicable moral equivalence from the New York Times | Main | Terri Schiavo Blogburst - Update II »
Saturday, February 12, 2005
Michael Schiavo's former girlfriend speaks: Excerpts From Cynthia Shook's May 8, 2001 Deposition given in fear In a previous Hyscience post, Carole Lieberman, M.D., M.P.H., Psychiatrist and expert medical witness, and the author of the book, Bad Boys: Why We Love Them, How to Live with Them and When to Leave Them, was quoted as saying, "I have studied men who exhibit pathology in their relationships with women. Profiles of the twelve different types of bad boys are explained. Michael Schiavo fits the profile, described in the book as the Prince of Darkness (see chapter 13). O.J. Simpson was cited as a classic example of this type, and there are indeed similarities between the two men. It is especially significant to note that O.J. flew into a homicidal rage when he realized that Nicole was totally abandoning him, as is characteristic of these impulsive men who most dread being abandoned by their woman. Similarly, Michael Schiavo was likely to have known that Terri had begun making plans to divorce him, since she had told a coworker and family member. Stalking is characteristic of this type of man, as well. And a girlfriend of Michaels, Cindy, accused him of stalking her in 2001."
This is the story of "Cindy," and the deposition that she had to be forced to give, out of her fear of Michael Schiavo. Terri was also afraid of Michael, but of course Michael has been hard at work to make sure that she can't give a deposition as Cindy has!
In late 1991, 1½ years after Terris collapse, Michael Schiavo became involved in an intimate relationship with Cindy Shook. The romance continued for approximately one year. It can be documented that the two spent a weekend at the Don Caesar hotel in St. Petersburg Beach and they also contacted a Century 21 Realtor on the premise of purchasing a home.
In May of 1992, at the apex of the romance, Schiavo had Terris 2 pet cats euthanized to clear the way for his moving in with Cindy and her pet dog.
In the summer of 1992, Schiavo moved into his parents home. We can speculate with reasonable accuracy, it was at the instructions of his attorney, since the living arrangement would be contrary to Schiavos "loving husband" image they were projecting for the upcoming November 1992 malpractice trial.
In April 2001, Cindy Shook (married name Brasher) was interviewed by an investigator working in Terris behalf. Unwilling to come forward because of her immense fear of Schiavo, Cindy had to be subpoenaed and was then subsequently deposed on May 8, 2001 to try and learn more regarding her intimate knowledge of Michael Schiavos character traits.
Excerpts; May 8, 2001 Deposition:
Cindy Shook describing Schiavos possessiveness.
"hes very jealous. He stalked me at my at where I worked after I stopped dating when he would get mad at me he would tell me, I would rather be laying in bed in the nursing home with her than with you. I mean he can be the most incredibly mean person"
When asked if she were afraid that Michael would physically harm her or if he would harm children.
"I am concerned about retaliation because I have a child -I have children and a husband. I know him, I know what he told me I said he could be a very mean person."
She spoke of how Schiavo stalked her for close to a year after the breakup and that she received repeated phone calls.
"He came on the floor looking for me several times. I felt it was out of character for him to get a job as an orderly at the hospital That was concerning to me. When he would come up to the floor looking for her she was not scared the first time but later was scared.
In town I would look up when I was driving not at my work- she would look up in the rear view mirror and there would be Michael Schiavo. I would look up and he would be behind me in traffic. It continued for several months after he didnt work at the hospital. She would change lanes, try to make a turn and he would do the same. He did this about ten times.
One time he was behind me in traffic he got next to me in a two-lane going the same way, and he changed lanes basically right on top of where I was at, and I had to swerve not to be hit. I had to swerve off the road. Michael ran me off the road. I considered it as stalking, dangerous and guessed potentially life threatening."
Cindy thought about getting a restraining order. She talked to an off duty police officer in her building
They discussed marriage. She said Schiavo asked what would you do if I asked you to marry me. He never discussed getting a divorce.
Cindy said Schiavo got angry when asked questions about Terri saying:
"this had destroyed his life and he was being robed of a normal life."
Regarding Terris care, according to Cindy Shook, Michael Schiavo said,
"How the hell should I know we never spoke about this, my God I was only 25 years old. How the hell should I know? We were young. We never spoke of this."
THEY NEVER SPOKE OF THIS! Yet now Michael claims that Terri's wish was to die of starvation and dehydration, and the infamous Judge George Greer rubber stamps it. Why?
A case for Criminal Investigation of Michael Schiavo:
1) Nurses testimony: Heidi Law, Carla Sauer-Iyer, Carolyn Johnson have been ignored and dismissed without hearing; each testified that Michael was abusive to Terri and may have attempted to kill her by insulin injection and attempts to induce pneumonia by turning the thermostat in her room to 64 degrees.
2) Michael Baden, top forensic pathologist in country and interviewed on Fox News National Television broadcast October 25, 2003 on Terris bone scan and injuries states that:
a) Terris injuries are not consistent with a heart attack; no cardiac evidence to support it b) Extremely rare for potassium imbalance on woman her age and in her good health c) Injuries are consistent with severe trauma possibly caused by a beating d) The injuries in medical records warrant an immediate investigation
3) Dr. William Hammesfahr, Nobel prize nominee and neurologist testified that Terris neck injuries are consistent with only one type of injury: that of strangulation.
4) Terris doctor, Dr. Gambone resigned; he had previously testified Terri would die within a few days of starvation/dehydration. Terri has an obvious will to live.
5) Michael has enlisted the services of a new doctor, Stanton Tripodis, who has 5 malpractice suits against him. Clearly, Michael is attempting to provide sub-standard care for his wife.
Case no. 97007946C1 filed 11-25-97 Case no. 94003739C1 filed 6-27-94 Case no. 95000873C1 filed 2-14-95 Case no. 96001434C1 filed 3-6-96 Case no. 98002289C1 filed 4-7-98
6) Michael is committing adultery by living with another woman who has already born one child with another on the way, thereby creating an obvious conflict of interest as guardian.
7) Michael has committed both perjury (2 counts) and insurance fraud by promising to provide care and therapy for his wife in exchange for the court award of 1.2 million dollars in 1993. No care has ever been provided to Terri.
8) Michael Schiavo has also prevented Terri from undergoing a barium swallow test, a procedure necessary to ascertain the consistency of foods able to be taken by mouth.
9) Co-conspirator George J. Felos combined and conspired with Michael Schiavo to arrange for Terri's "free" stay at Hospice Woodside as part of an "exit protocol" designed to advance Felos' self-perceived messianic mission of "helping" incapacitated people to die by categorizing them as "terminal," warehousing them, and depriving them of therapy and rehabilitation services. (Attorney Felos is Director of Florida Right to Die and has testified that he can ascertain a persons desire to die by looking into their eyes and letting their spirit speak directly to him)
10) Investigate Insurance company established in Jan 2001 at the home of Michael Schiavo and his girlfriend/fiancee Jody Centonze. (Jerger and Centonze Insurnace Agency Inc.) Michael is listed on the Board of Directors for the corporation. Note: Insurance is deliberately misspelled in the State of Florida Corporate filing, possibly to avoid investigation.
11) Michael continues to deny Terri the right to receive Holy Communion as part of her Catholic and civil right.
Almighty God, protect Terri, and may Your Will be done. JK
Great post! Bump.
Her testimony is consistent with the nurses who are coming out saying that Michael was very intimidating to the nursing staff and prevented anyone from seeing Terri. Did anyone else happen to notice how carefully groomed Michael is? The reason I say this is because one of the nurses stated that Michael was very, very clothes conscious and concentrates a lot on his appearance. She also stated that Michael was a very, very superficial husband when it came to caring for Terri. Looks mattered more to Michael than the quality of care Terri was getting.
Welcome to FR.
What if she had said in another conversation 'If my husband cheats on me, I would want a divorce,' would the court grant her wishes with as much 'rabid' support and declare the marriage to Michael Schiavo dissolved?
Excerpts From Cynthia Shook's May 8, 2001 Deposition
Not so incredible based on what I already believe about Michael. Waiting to see if Fox picks up on this. Thanks
Nice little pattern there, Mikey.
The evidence was suppressed and sealed by his good buddy Judge Greer. This guy is evil. He's getting away with murder by judicial fiat.
He has been fighting with is inlaws in the courts for years, he wants her dead! IMHO he should have gotten a divorce & let Terri's parents care for her. I would not blame him for that, that would be his decision although it would not be mine. It's a heck of a lot more humane than what he's doing now! I think money is at the root of his actions. When this is all over, wait for the book & movie deals to come rolling in!
Yes, I've heard this before and it is troublesome. Why wasn't there an initial investigation back in 1990-91? If this is true, he should have been charged years ago.
CONTACT JEB BUSH HERE:
I'm not so much concerned about Fox picking it up.
I'd like the see CBS or NBC or the NY Times pick this story up and report it.
The media's refusal to report the entire story correctly is what will kill Terri Schiavo...indirectly of course.
If people knew the whole story...hell, if they only knew half of the story, they would be up in arms over this planned execution.
"We have until 12:00 noon today - as I understand - to blog, email, do what we can. "
I've missed something evidently. What happens at noon?
I'd like the see CBS or NBC or the NY Times pick this story up and report it.
As much chance of that as seeing Elvis.
If people knew the whole story...hell, if they only knew half of the story, they would be up in arms over this planned execution
Judge Greer rules on Jeb Bush's request to have the DCF take Terri into custody.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.