Skip to comments.In Hawaii in 1961, there were three different birth certificates
Posted on 05/12/2009 11:46:25 AM PDT by cycle of discernment
Townhall.com May 12, 2009
Generally, folks don't know that Hawaii law, even in 1961, provided for multiple kinds of birth records, most of which are not what people think of when they think of birth certificates. The following is a description of those, including certificates for people not born in Hawaii. Go figure!
1. In the State of Hawaii, back in 1961, there were three different birth certificates that were obtainable: a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961). b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a Delayed Certificate, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961). c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).
2. In 1982, the vital records law was amended to create a fourth kind of birth certificate for children born outside of the Territory or State of Hawaii. HRS Chapter 338 was amended to add a new section authorizing the Director of the Department of Health to issue a birth certificate for a person NOT born in Hawaii either as a Territory or State, upon sufficient proof that the legal parents of such individual had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth of such child.
3. The language of the statute clearly applies to births in the days of the Territory of Hawaii, so also births in 1961.
4. A press release concerning numerous questions raised across the country as to whether or not Obama was a natural born citizen was issued on October 31, 2008 by the Hawaii Department of Health by its Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino.
5. In that very carefully worded press release, Dr. Fukino said that she had personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obamas original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.
6. The intentional ambiguity of that statement raises more questions that it answered.
7. That statement failed to resolve any of the questions being raised by litigation across the country over the issue of Obamas birth and qualifications for the office of the President of the United States, including: a. The specific type of certificate was not identified. Could it be the certificate for someone born outside of the State of Hawaii? b. Being on record could mean either that its contents are in the computer database of the department or an actual vault original. If the latter, those are the words used to describe what is there. The data base record could have been entered based on a birth record for someone born outside of Hawaii. c. Therefore, the value as prima facie evidence is limited and easily overcome if any of the allegations of substantial evidence of birth outside Hawaii can be obtained and verified with a Court Order.
8. It should also be noted that in the face of all this litigation, the simple presentation of Obamas vault birth records would put the questions to rest.
9. Obama has not taken this approach to a single one of the cases, but instead has hired legal counsel across the country at no small expense to defend the claims with motions to dismiss on standing and similar procedural grounds.
10. Such response to the request for proof that he is qualified to serve as President of the United States of America only serves to raise more questions about this election.
In fact it's getting difficult these days to surprise me with anything
Heck if it turns out there was a conspiracy deep enough to put that together we are screwed anyway.
If Bambi was born in Hawaii, doubtful at best, and his father was a “Green Card” holder then Bambi would be a NBC. Because Obama, Sr. was on a student visa, The 1948 British Citizenship Act. is applicable and Bambi is full of sh-t!
Wow even older than I first thunk it! ;)
Not a conspiracy, just utilitarian.
I’m sure in 1961, Obama’s mother wanted all the privileges of a child born in the US...this alone is motive to lie on the affidavit to gain some iteration of certification for her offspring.
Rather than risk red tape, maybe bias.
What was she doing in Cuber and where did you get this info?
It doesn't necessarily have to be a conspiracy that goes that far back, there are other compelling reasons those announcements might have been placed.
That aside, you have no curiosity as to why he won't just show the proper documentation, not to mention the disappearance of all his other records?
“FactCheck.org, funded by the Annenberg Center (as in appointee-of-Nixon-and-friend-of-Reagan Walter Annenberg), has thoroughly debunked every angle of this story”
Not so fast Bunkie!
Debunking FactCheck.org’s debunking:
This statement is published on Barack Obama’s “Fight the Smears” website:
“When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdoms dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.s children.”
Do you really believe that there was a conspiracy in place in 1961 to make it appear as though Obama was born in Hawaii that involved placing a birth announcement in the newspaper?
IT’S SIMPLE; HIS MOTHER WANTED HIM TO HAVE ALL THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.
Ann Dunham, mother of Obama, at age 18 visited Cuba , with a group to give support to the Castro government. During her stay in Cuba in 1960, she was involved with voluntary work living in a commune in the central zone of Cuba, where she met a young Cuban Francisco Cundo from the town of Sagua la Grande....When Ann left Cuba in Dec 1960, she was 2 months pregnant. When she went back to Hawaii where her parents lived, she continued her studies at the University of Hawaii in Manoa where she met Barack Obama Sr., with whom she married in Feb. 1961. In his book “The Audacity of Hope”, Obama says that his mother was 4 months pregnant when she married his father. If we continue the chronology of these actions, one can prove that the biological father of the son of Ann was Cuban....Francisco Cundo not Barack Obama Sr. This creates a new situation if the possible new president Obama, since it would make him of Cuban origin with roots in the town of Sagua la Grande.
A DNA tests. Obama to the Kenyan Obamas, should prove this story!
Father did not have to be a U.S Citizen if he had a “Green Card” or was a perment resident. He was here on a student Visa.
That still does not confer natural born status though.