Skip to comments.Rules for Obamanopoly [Vanity]
Posted on 12/23/2009 6:11:38 PM PST by UAConservative
I'm not much for vanity posts, but I saw this while cruising around on Facebook today and found it very entertaining but simultaneously frustrating since it reflect the times in which we live. Kudos to Andrew Dunn for creating the rules, and have provided the Google cache page in case the Facebook page doesn't open.
These are the rules for Obamanopoly, the overly complicated version of the free-market game Monopoly.
1. At any point in a classic unabridged Milton Bradley game of Monopoly, the Banker can say Stimulus and institute any or all of the additional rules so listed
2. If you land on a property that you could buy but cannot afford, you can take a loan at 10% interest equal to the property value from any player that you will pay back in 3 turns
3. If any player denies you a loan, you can say Discrimination and then that player must pay the Bank $100 and supply you with the loan if able
4. If you land on a non Railroad non Utility property and have to pay rent to a player that has more money than you do, you can say Right to Housing and pay half rounded down instead
5. If you land on a Railroad property and cannot afford to pay rent, you can say Amtrak and pay $10 for each Railroad that player owns instead
6. If you land on a Utility property and cannot afford to pay rent, you can say Control costs and change your roll to a 1
7. If you land on a property with any houses/hotels, you can say Squat and for as long as you want you can choose not to pay anything more than the base rent, but you can only do this one property at a time
8. If you would land on Free Parking, any player can say Hybrids only and you must pay the Bank $50
9. When you pass Go, take an extra $8
10. If you roll double 5s, the Banker can say Infrastructure and take 10% from each player and put an upside down house for each $100 collected on any property you own
11. Upside down houses do not count toward the house/hotel limit
12. If you have not won any board game in the last week or so, you can say "Spread the wealth around" and collect $100 from each player that has
13. If you have the most money, you pay twice the cost for rent, houses/hotels and property
14. If you would land on "Luxury Tax" or "Income Tax", you can say "Obama nomination" and receive $100 instead, unless any other player says "Republican" first
15. If you would inherit any money from Chance or Community Chest, you don't
16. If more than 3 light bulbs are on where you're playing, you can say "Carbon bad" and each player but you owes the Bank $20
17. If you are in Jail, you can say "Rehabilitated" and get out that turn for $10
First player passes a law seizing the bank, then “nationalizes” all the properties.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.