Skip to comments.Experts decide on the Most Beautiful Woman in the World
Posted on 06/01/2004 3:58:27 AM PDT by Hillary's Lovely Legs
Film legend Audrey Hepburn has been named the most naturally beautiful woman of all time by a panel of experts.
Three Australians featured in the first 10 out of 100 beauties, actress Cate Blanchett, who came in third, singer Natalie Imbruglia and model Elle MacPherson.
Princess Diana came in 12th.
Hepburn, the star of Roman Holiday and Breakfast At Tiffany's, topped the poll of beauty editors, make-up artists, fashion editors, model agencies and fashion photographers who were asked to choose their top 10 beauties from the list of 100 compiled by the drinks firm Evian.
The women were chosen for their "embodiment of natural beauty, healthy living, beautiful on the inside and out, with great skin and a natural glow to their personality, as well as their complexion", Evian said.
Hepburn was joined in the top five by current US film star Liv Tyler, Blanchett, Tomb Raider star Angelina Jolie and the fifties icon turned princess Grace Kelly.
"Audrey Hepburn is the personification of natural beauty," said Elle beauty director Rosie Green.
"She has a rare charm and inner beauty that radiates when she smiles. Her skin looks fresh in all her films and her personality really shines through as someone warm and lively."
More than 76 per cent of the beauty experts who voted in the survey mentioned Hepburn in their top 10.
The survey also showed that while 32 per cent of the icons placed in the number one spot by panel members were blondes, 22 per cent redheads and 46 per cent brunettes.
"People who are confident without a scrap of make-up and look healthy, happy and glowing, seem like natural beauties to me," Eleonore Crompton, of Heat magazine.
I'll take Hally for 1000 please.
How could Jenna Jameson not make this list? Am I being lead to believe that some parts of her aren't natural?
I saw the title; I saw the poster: I KNEW I'd be in for a treat. As always, thanks! (why do you do this to us...some kind of vicarious triumph of feminine wiles?)
I'm totally mystified by everyone's attraction to Angelina Jolie. I just don't get it. A naturla beauty? Maybe if you look for beauty at the local tattoo parlor.
If I changed the source to Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes would you move this back to news? It's been in all those broadcasts and print media this morning.
Where did Ingred Bergman come in? DON'T tell me she wasn't on the list!
What place did Hitliary come in?
I do it because it's news and it's not Abu Ghraib, Kerry, Michael Moore or the cost of fuel. Sometimes it's nice to think about things that are different.
Man cannot live happily by being pounded with the same old news over and over.
Where is Hedy Lamarr? She had looks and brains.
She made some phone calls....#666....big-boned, but really really smart!
Here's the full list from The Scotsman.
Top 100 Beautiful Women
By Dave Higgens, PA News
Film legend Audrey Hepburn was today named the most naturally beautiful woman of all time by a panel of experts.
The full list is:
1. Audrey Hepburn 2. Liv Tyler 3. Cate Blanchett 4. Angelina Jolie 5. Grace Kelly 6. Natalie Imbruglia 7. Juliette Binoche 8. Halle Berry 9. Helena Christensen 10. Elle MacPherson
11. Cameron Diaz 12. Princess Diana 13. Kate Moss 14. Charlize Theron 15. Scarlett Johansson 16. Isabella Rossellini 17. Nigella Lawson 18. Beyonce Knowles 19. Madonna 20. Jamelia 21. Nicole Kidman 22. Monica Bellucci 23. Audrey Tatou 24. Vanessa Paradis 25. Julianne Moore 26. Jennifer Lopez 27. Marilyn Monroe 28. Julia Roberts 29. Beyonce Knowles 30. Kylie Minogue
31. Estelle Warren 32. Gisele 33. Gwyneth Paltrow 34. Kate Winslet 35. Katherine Hepburn 36. Marilyn Monroe 37. Kiera Knightley 38. Iman 39. Jerry Hall 40. Heidi Klum
41. Ursula Andress 42. Virginie Ledoyen 43. Sophie Dahl 44. Michelle Pfeiffer 45. Uma Thurman 46. Kim Catrell 47. Jennifer Aniston 48. Eva Herzigova 49. Brigitte Bardot 50. Felicity Kendal
51. Claudia Schiffer 52. Jacqueline Kennedy 53. Marlene Dietrich 54. Milla Jovovitch 55. Lucy Liu 56. Penelope Cruz 57. Neve Campbell 58. Sharon Stone 59. Vivien Leigh 60. Sophie Marceau
61. Linda Evangelista 62. Dido 63. Catherine Zeta Jones 64. Jessica Lange 65. Ingrid Bergman 66. Greta Garbo 67. Jodie Kidd 68. Vanessa Paradis 69. Princess Caroline of Monaco 70. Kathleen Turner
71. Rachel Weisz 72. Naomi Campbell 73. Grace Jones 74. Christie Turlington 75. Famke Jensen 76. Catherine Deneuve 77. Cindy Crawford 78. Heather Graham 79. Judy Garland 80. Ginger Rogers
81. Sophia Loren 82. Yasmin Le Bon 83. Kirsten Dunst 84. Sandra Bullock 85. Melanie Sykes 86. Cleopatra 87. Lisa Snowdon 88. Rita Hayworth 89. Katie Holmes 90. Honor Blackman
91. Joely Richardson 92. Joanna Lumley 93. Andie MacDowell 94. Alicia Silverstone 95. Cat Deeley 96. Rene Russo 97. Sienna Miller 98. Rachel Hunter 99. Jade Jagger 100. Kelly Brook
Vivien Leigh ????
For the record, I think their list is totally wacked.
Without Maureen O'Hara this list is bogus!
Anniston? MADONNA???? ViV Leigh #60? Robbed!!!
Notice how many of those women are drug addicts, alcoholics, surgically changed or just plain nasty?
Well, yeah. They asked a bunch of gay men - excuse me, "beauty editors, make-up artists, fashion editors, model agencies and fashion photographers" - who they thought were some attractive women. Of course the list is wacked.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.