Skip to comments.PETA Takes on J.Lo Over Fur Fashions
Posted on 03/12/2005 4:23:50 PM PST by freepatriot32
NEW YORK Mar 12, 2005 People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Jennifer Lopez to "Get Right" when it comes to fur. Lopez introduced her Sweetface collection during New York Fashion Week last month.
"Please don't support Jennifer Lopez or her bloody business," according to a Web site that the animal rights group has devoted to the singer, actress and now fashion designer. "Many hot designers, including Stella McCartney, Vivienne Westwood, Todd Oldham, Marc Bouwer, and others have created synthetic alternatives that are hip, humane, and easily available and don't turn animals into fashion victims."
Calls by The Associated Press to Lopez's publicist seeking comment weren't immediately returned Friday.
Other text on the Web site describes Chinese animal skinning techniques in extreme detail while streaming video juxtaposes footage of animals being slaughtered with pictures of a fur-wearing Lopez.
The site encourages visitors to "write to J.Lo and tell her that promoting the violence of the fur industry is a low-down, dirty, rotten shame."
"J.Lo knows what animals who are killed for their skins endure," the Web site reads. "PETA has contacted her with letters and videos no less than a dozen times. Lopez may try to convince her fans that her rabbit-trimmed jackets are a must-have, but what she won't tell you is that bunnies killed for fur coats scream as they are skinned alive!"
On the Net:
Jennifer Lopez c/o BWR 9100 Wilshire Blvd., 6th Fl. W. Beverly Hills, CA 90212
and just so im not accused of violating any posting rules here are the pics that has peta going into coniptions :-)
PETA is latching onto jlo becuase she is also a trollop and, more often than not, is showing MOST of her boobs, butt and crotch. Thus, press.
75% of the population cares to view the gentalia-o-rama, that is, all men and women under 40 (boob envy). The other 25% of us couldn't give a rat's ass. (Pun intended.)
possible story for your ping lists
I remember being able to buy rabbit frozen at the grocery store. Tasted great fried.
Is it just me or is PETA lashing out at everyone these days? It's like they are making a last ditch effort to be relavent. Sort of like when the bad guys in Iraq kidnapped an action figure.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.