Skip to comments.Before I die, I want to.....
Posted on 08/24/2008 12:04:02 PM PDT by Hacksaw
There was a thread like this on another forum, and it was kinda fun. People were listing the things they would like to have accomplished in their lives, and there were some pretty neat ideas. Try to stay away from thinks like "Having sex with ten Chinese women" (cause after all, who doesn't want to do that).
1) Learn fluent Spanish.
2) Visit Russia
3) Master the guitar
4) Have a farm
5) Visit Machu Picchu
Have dinner with Rush Limbaugh, at his house. :)
1. See Ted Kennedy jailed for the death of Mary Jo.
My goal was to finish writing a novel. Got that done.
My next wish would be to see the GOP start acting like conservatives. I won’t hold my breath.
Sht on Rapist42’s grave...
Actually I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately and I’ve decided that I don’t really have anything I really want to do.
Just ten Chinese women??? You mean you havn’t done that? I thought everybody had! : )
I would love to walk the entire length of the Great Wall of China. I’ve done a few miles of it, but think it would be fantastic to do it all.
My vote is for getting Vandy, UVA, and Mizzou gals all in the same room at the same time and managing to single-handedly (well, maybe double-handedly) convert all of them to conservatism.
I can dream, can't I?
That'll be fine
God is good.
I want to play bass in a pub band
Eat just one potato chip
I really, really want to take a dump on Jimmah Carter’s grave someday.
Walk barefoot through a field of titties.
You did? Where can I buy it?
I'm on the fourth chapter.
Do what I did.... make it three chapters long
I'd have said "You've gotta be freakin' kidding me!"
But yes. God is good.
1) Watch my kids grow up
2) Have grandkids
3) Apologize to my wife about another million times
I’m waiting for the government to issue the copyright #....it’s been 5 months since they cashed the check.....
1) Live long enough to become pals with my future great-grandchildren
2) Break 700 on my North American birding Life List
I personally would really like to avoid having sex with any women at all!
But, I would really like to:
1. See the Holy Land
2. Have grandkids
3. Move back to New Mexico
4. Have a Best In Show golden retriever
5. Have a photo published in a national magazine
Boy, those are pretty self serving!
That’s all I can think of.
1. Own a 40 foot sailboat free and clear.
2. Sail the Oceans of the world and explore out of the way places
3. Visit Machu Picchu (Hacksaw, we could share expenses and save a bundle)
4. Publish a book of my nature photography (it’s in the works, but far from finished)
5. Find a bride to share my life with.
Live in Florida and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic every morning.
I did live there for five years and know how soul touching those sunrises are over the sea, waves lapping at my feet. Gets every day off to a magnificent start, both calming and inspiring.
I’m moving back in October or November. 8>)
Not necessarily in numerical order. More than 5, sorry.
1) Win Isle of Man TT
2) Win Le Mans
3) Design the hottest cutting edge aircraft
4) Fly them in missions
5) Complete advanced degrees in topics which interest me
6) Write about experiences
7) Speak 3 other languages
8) More world travel
9) Sail the Solo Trans Pac
10) Be astute study of History & US Constitution
Hah! I’ve been to Russia!
Before I die, I want to.....
Spin some prayer wheels in Tibet
Take a European land tour
Headline in Vegas
Retire shortly thereafter :-)
Well done, you. I always thought, a short story by one family member over generations through time, would be an intriguing way to tell a story...
Be Hildy's on-site chaperone.
I’m good too.
I became a Christian 17 months ago and that was the best thing that ever happened to me.
I’d like to remarry - this time to a good Christian man but if isn’t God’s will for me so be it.
I just want to do the mission that God has planned for me - whatever that is.
Climb Half Dome
See a total solar eclipse
Roundhouse kick Nancy Pelosi in the head
Thank you, patton, I hope you enjoy it....if and when!
I was blessed with volumes of salvaged family letters from the Civil War era which had been archived by the University of Oklahoma. It was just too interesting to not put down in one place.
You all are making that Machu Picchu sound pretty interesting. Directions, please.
I will buy the first copy, if you will sign it.
I collect books.
After I pop, just stop.
See my 14 year old grandson walk and talk again. Watch him do those neat tricks with his skateboard again. Hear his ask me just once more “Hey Grandma, can I spend the night with you?” and know that he’ll be ok again. Have him look at me and know that he knows who I am.
1. See my children and their children living happy and successful lives, and serving the Lord.
2. Visit Israel and walk where Jesus walked.
3. See my own small local business become a successful nationwide venture.
4. See my lost family members give their lives to Christ.
5. To see a propserous America with her people valuing human life and liberty.
6. Know that I have personally made a positive impact on my friends, family, and even complete strangers.
7. Overcome my obscene fear of heights and flying and get on a plane then jump out of one with my son.
That's all I can think of.
1. Write a book combining spirituality and how it brings more joy to saddened lives and then donate 90% of the profits back to churches
2. Landscape my yard, mostly with flowers
3. Do all I can to build God’s Kingdom
One day, before I die, I’d like to be able to play a Dream Theater song all the way through on guitar.
I pray your desire is fulfilled, and you see and hear your grandson do these things again.
1. Learn fluent Spanish. (be prepared)
2. Raise my own broccoli and cauliflower. (may need cooler climate)
3. Learn to not sweat the little things in life.
4. Visit Italy and Spain.
5. Raise at least another dog or three.
play a guitar solo with Skynard (like Rossington) in Call Me the Breeze
We’d love to have ya!!!
Mr too.....but I'm afraid the line will be so long I'll die before it's my turn.
Discover the formula for the Elixir of Immortality.
Mr - s/b - Me
Excuse me, I could be wrong, but I believe that those are Carolina Chickadees. They are very small birds. Lots of fun, unafraid and always busy.
Perhaps you should have put up Tufted Titmouse photos.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.