Skip to comments.Emergency Preparation for 60-90 Days - Kit Resources
Posted on 02/24/2011 8:51:52 AM PST by BCW
If you read the Terrorism Daily tag-lines from various newspapers that I sent out this morning - you'll see that Iran is probing into the Mediterranean Sea with it's warships, US citizens have recently been killed by Somali pirates, and the chaos in Egypt/Libya is driving oil Middle Eastern Oil prices up, and all the while the White House sits quiet - no response.
I can analyze that the current administration may still have military and civilian forces deployed - that intelligence and counterintelligence officers are conducting missions throughout the world presently - but to what extent are these efforts doing to halt the aggression of a now driving force of Sharia and Wabbi Islamic mindset. The Persians are on the move - the Muslims in Jordan, Egypt, and now Libya and perhaps Nigeria and even in Bahrain may create such a situation that any response from the US or European nations will unleash a massive response from within.
Think for one moment about what I'm saying here. Britain, Europe, Canada, and the US have large segments of Muslims within their country. Those of us that have witness firsthand the mindset of "death" from Islam can readily assume that the those populations can create a devastating effect if called upon. They understand that being a martyr is far more valuable than that of living a peaceful life is a country full of infidels.
Whether the US reacts or sit motionless - Islam will strike either way. At this point, those of us that are prepared will have a chance to survive and safe guard our families. I suggest the following - which I am also working on presently.
One should have a source of water, food stocks, medical supplies, and be armed. Training family members in responsibilities in detecting hostile intent and how to react should be a common nightly event around the dinner table. On the PSD page of my website I have posted several links to these resources.
To save time here they are.
COSTCO (Emergency Food Supply 15/20 yr shelf life) : http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=75277&eCat=BC|3605|75277&lang=en-US&whse=BC&topnav=
MEDICAL M17 BAG: http://shop.captaindaves.com/p-718-military-m17-combat-medic-kit-with-first-aid-supplies.aspx?CAWELAID=552778158
ANTI-BIOTIC: http://www.vetmeddirect.com/Fish_Mox_Forte_500_mg_Amoxicillin_x_100_Capsules_Non_prescription-P6517.aspx General Page: Order the alternative if you have an allergy to Penicillin : http://www.vetmeddirect.com/Non_Prescription-433-C502.aspx You can also purchase liquid from a farm supply place as well with no prescription.
WATER: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CAMP352-1.html http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/CAMP205-1.html http://www.monolithic.com/stories/a-practical-life-sustaining-water-filter (get the filter on Cheaper Than Dirt - but this is the set-up instructions) 55 GAL BARRELS: https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/emergency_supplies/emergency_water_storage.htm
BLOOD STOPPERS: http://www.firstaidstore.com/product_results.aspx?category_guid=7c61268d-acbf-4974-afbe-22500c41e898 Staple Gun: http://www.crackercreations.net/servlet/the-246/Staple-Gun/Detail (find another website - or get it from a medical supply place - or vet supply)
BODY ARMOR PLATES: http://www.bulletproofme.com/index.shtml
AMMO: http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/handgunammo.html http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/default.asp?mscssid=X8HLLQCN813J8HMPAB4JKS3RKA9X0R89
Also - here's link to field surgery - I suggest you download it - and print it off to keep in a "go-bag".
As with all things - hopefully there will never be a situation to where one would have to put this plan into action.
I would also start sitting down as a family unit and discuss world events with your children and what the family would do in case of an emergency.
Thanks for the links...
Haven’t checked the links yet, but could be informative.
Even for those living in country areas, with the price of gas going beyond anything we’ve seen or even a shortage of gas this could be useful.
You mean I have to turn by basement seed staring room back into a bomb shelter?
As long as the seeds dont stare back, your probably ok.
this Administration is doing nothing....absolutely nothing...I know if the power goes out - or there’s an emergency in my city - I’m prepared to hold out for the 60-90 days. I’m confident in the ability of the community to get things back on line...but something is going to happen...might not be my neck of the woods - but it’s always good to have a plan in place...
The good thing about turning your basement into a bomb shelter - you can stock it with all those cool 80’s movies that scared us about nuclear war! ...and don’t forget the Atari!
No, this Administration is the enemy and they are very much doing someting.
Sounds a little sketchy to me.... I'm on board and have had a kit for years, this just sounded a little iffy to me.
LOL — of course, I meant STARTing room. I probably should call it a STORing room.
But, if you go into the business of having all that food stored, you also need to make a plan to USE all that food, as you go along, and then replace it. I think it is a laudable scheme — I’m just too disorganized to implement it.
You can go online to the Canadian pharmacies and order regular antibiotics and pain killers without a prescription.
We may not be talking EMP, but the advice below could be just as valuable in a Red Dawn Scenario.
20 Things I learned from the book One Second After
You cannot totally prepare for every possible situation. There are too many variables: weather, where you are at the time it occurs, who you are with. You never know how those around you have prepared or how they will react where will they be mentally, emotionally, and physically. Being prepared, at whatever level, just gives you better odds of survival.
1. Eventually you will have to kill somebody. The “Its You or them” decisions will happen.
2. Eventually someone will find you no matter where you are. All you can do is pick the most strategic location possible.
3. Disease will become a part of life.
4. Youre going to run out of bullets, eventually.
5. If or when the government comes to help, they may not be very helpful, and you wont be anywhere near their top priority.
6. Any gun is better than no gun as long as you have ammo.
7. The 22LR will be the most useful weapon of all. You can buy years worth of ammo now for a small investment. It will bring down all small game, wild and domestic (there wont be much big game to bring down after a few weeks). The report does not carry far, giving away your position, and all members of the family can use it. (see #9)
8. Having an understanding of military battle tactics would be a good idea.
9. Children need to learn how to shoot and defend themselves early on.
10. Some medical training and knowledge would be beneficial, even if its just first aid.
11. Big cities will become kill zones. Get away from them early.
12. Learn how to build an outdoor privy.
13. Buy an extra dose of medication whenever you can.
14. Evil people without any fear of authority or restraint will become more evil.
15. If you have more food than everyone else, stay on near-starvation rations so you dont appear to be more healthy and become a target.
16. If it is in you to do so, be one of the first looters, but pay for what you can, however you can. Looting 24 hours after the attack will get you shot on sight or executed. Being an honest person by nature I dont like #15, but if the SHTF this may be a matter of life & death for you and your family).
17. Having to move from one safe location to another safe location, remember youll be in danger the entire way. Movement is dangerous.
18. White collar skills will be worthless. Blue collar skills will be more valuable.
19. Learn how the Native people survived in your area. The plants or roots they ate and used for medicine, how they trapped and cooked fish. Lots of books available now on the subject. Buy them now.
20. Survival will become a fulltime job.
>>Non prescription vet grade amoxicillin?<<
When gangrene is setting in, you won’t care if it’s vet grade or not.
I hear you. We had a 2 hour power failure on Sunday due to a blizzard. We were totally unprepared as the heat went out (gas furnaces have electric starters) and the water trickled to a stop (my well has an electric pump) and the daylight vanished.
We went out in the storm to get gas for the car, food at a restaurant, and a battery operated lantern. By the time we got home, electricity was restored. But, we are really quite vulnerable.
I have a generator, but it has to operate outside and will only run a couple of appliances. We really need to get organized.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.