Skip to comments.‘The Walking Dead’: Season 3 Predictions Based On Graphic Novel Storylines'
Posted on 10/21/2012 4:40:33 PM PDT by djone
"Dedicated fans of The Walking Dead already heard that a primary character will bite the dust this season. Early money is on '****', who has not been central to the main storylines, but zombie series lovers should not count on the shows writers to play it that safe. Some fans believe that'****' will be the dearly departed character. A review of storylines from the graphic novel series will not offer true The Walking Dead spoilers, but do give insight into major plot arcs central to main characters. Panels On Pages believes .... death is likely, but perhaps will not occur this season. The character does die in Volume 8 of TWD graphic novel
(Excerpt) Read more at inquisitr.com ...
Michonne will be the popular, breakout character.
The guys who lopped his hand off in season one will return as the governor’s henchman, and be at odds with his brother, Tivk’s henchman.
Rick’s wife will die this season.
I forgot, did Dale make it out alive last season? If so, he won’t make it through the season either.
I just loved the scene with the kid and the old man on the watchtower plugging away at zombies and enjoying it.
1. Several references to things that happened over the winter -- so I think we're going to see a lot of flashback scenes this season; I wouldn't be surprised if tonight opens with a flashback.
2. Continuing with last winter ... at the end of last season, everybody was shocked with Rick's admissions (about killing Shane and about Jenner's secret), and Lori wouldn't talk to him. Now ... everybody respects Rick and hates Lori. Will be interesting to find out what happened over the winter.
3. Considering the way the group acted like a SWAT team in last week's episode -- plus Rick saying to Carol "You've become a pretty good shot" -- they've obviously been doing a lot of disciplined training. Thanks to "new Rick," I'm guessing.
4. Why was the oldest guy -- and only doctor -- part of the walker clearing crew??? Bad tactical planning. Regarding the emergency amputation -- an old guy with one leg missing is not going to last long in a walker world -- so it's clear that Rick is saving him only for a selfish reason, to deliver the baby.
5. If they've been on the run all winter, why did it take them 7 months to discover a prison complex that's only a mile or two away?? Also: they just "stumbled upon" this prison -- but Rick was the SHERIFF. How come he didn't know there would be a major prison there?
6. Nice touch that Rick has improvised silencers for the guns (although silencers don't really work that way).
7. After a year or so living in this world of walkers, you'd think that survivors would have learned NOT to step over a walker body unless they'd verified that it had a punctured head.
Virgil will die? No antibiotics to treat the amputation.
I hope they stick to the story line and take out Lori. She is very annoying.
Even though it was a great departure from the original comic, I wish Shane could have stayed. I know he was kind of a bad guy, but often his decisions were better than those of Rick. I didn’t care for the Season 2 version of Rick — he’s a lot better in the season 3 premiere though.
My favorite character is Daryl — also not in the original comic.
T-Dog will get a few more speaking lines this season.
Merle is going to cut off Rick’s arms as payback for his self-amputation in season 1.
Merle and Daryl will have a falling out.
The governor may lose several important parts of his body.
Best alternative intro to the Walking Dead.
My nit pick is why are they worried about scratches and bites when they’re already infected.
If I were Virgil, I’d be the one legged man at the ass kickin contest.
Forgot to ask. Haven’t read the graphic novels, but wonder if the series has diverged at all from them. I watch True Blood, and have read several of the books it’s based on, and the TV series has differed greatly from the books.
I agree with you....Lori can die anytime now. I hate to see Herschel go. I miss Shane, as unmanageable as he was. And they better leave Daryl alone.
I’m liking the new darker Rick.
LOL @ the alternate ending! How....Love Boat-ish!
Out of respect to your thread, I will not make a comment.
Ricks wife will have a dead fetus, reborn as a zombie, claw and bite it’s way out of her, a’la Alien. MuhuhahahahAHAHAHAH!!!
Merle will return, with a rocket launcher where his hand was.
Merle and Daryl will fight to the death. Merle will lose.
Herschel will Zombify. Maggie will put him down.
The prisoners they discovered, and the group, will civil-war for the prison. The group will win. Of course, or the series would stop.
Michonne is lesbian and professes her love for Andrea. Andrea will convert from hetero.
Obama will appear at the end of season 3, zombified. Axelrod, too. Rick will happily put them down, saying in his best Clint Eastwood impression, “I didn’t VOTE for ya, either.”
Carol will seduce Darryl.
Some of these are serious, others are not.
I should have said Herschel in my original post.
‘...Havent read the graphic novels, but wonder if the series has diverged at all from them...’.....Yes.. but not that much . Lets say they follow the comic book but not in the same time frames...
I really hope they find 2 more Daryls.
I’d like to hear,I’m Daryl ,and over yonder is another Daryl and over there is rootin ,tootin gun shootin Daryl.
Posted to Facebook.
Now, my turn to make YOU laugh....
Funny. Well, you know there is a thin line between love and hate. Perhaps, the terminator just wanted someone to hold him/it.
I’m waiting for “Walker, Texas Zombie”.
Dale is dead.
They don’t all know they are infected yet.
And in addition, they are infected now in such a way that they turn if they die.
If they get a bite, they will turn while they are still alive, in kind of a elongated zombie-approaching hangover.
Rick told them in the season finale last season that they were all infected didn’t he?
- Obamacare is proven to be a complete failure
- Fast & Furious guns are used to kill a zombified Eric Holder.
- A living Barack Obama is found inside the relative safety of an insane asylum. He is sitting on the floor with his arms wrapped tightly around his knees,rocking back and forth, muttering, “I killed Bin Laden and saved GM, I killed Bin Laden and saved GM...”
Oh yeah, you’re right, but my second point is still valid.
Don't bother waiting. If a zombie bites Chuck Norris, he doesn't turn into a zombie. The zombie turns into Chuck Norris.
Of course, AS IF a zombie could get close enough to Chuck to actually bite...
Scratches and bites from Walker’s still kill, they always have, which is why they’re deathly afraid of being bitten or scratched by a Walker. The only change is that now they know that those scratches and bites aren’t what cause someone to rise again.
Scratches have never been proven to cause death from a zombie. The closest thing to that discussion is when Shane conjectured that scratches killed the two guards, to Rick, in at the City Municipal Works plant (when they were planning to drop off Randall).
Just got on here. About 12 minutes until it starts. I need to get alcoholic drink before it starts.
Yes, I’m watching episode one of season three right now and saw he wasn’t with the crew.
Dagummit, I have to go to work now. I guess I will catch it tomorrow on On-demand.
Don’t forget to watch the Talking Dead aftershow. It’s a great complement to the show.
OK I will watch it, Talking Dead.
OK I will watch it, Talking Dead.
OK I will watch it, Talking Dead.
ROTFL! Give a slug to Herschel, will ya...he's the one who just got his leg chopped off.
We're DVRing; will watch shortly. Don't tell me anything. ;)
okay, won’t tell you. Wow! looks what’s happening now! Taking another drink of Bailey’s Irish Creme. I let my Yorkie drink, too. I wet my little finger in the Bailey’s and she licks it off. Only allow her to do that once. It’s back on, commerical over.
I love Daryl - he better not get killed off!
So many possibilities here - I wish the episodes were two hours each instead of one.
Never did I think my favorite tv show would be TWD!
You’re an evil woman, lol.
Latino’s a psychopath. Rick just decided he has to die. I could see it in his eyes.
Yeah I would have decided to eliminate him at the first opportunity. Too bad about Tiny, he could have come in handy.
LOL I was just going to say that I don’t trust the little black guy but never mind.
The other gap is that they looked at the prison as a potential place to put the young man who they were afraid to keep around as a potential looter, the one whose neck Shane broke. They saw it on a map as a possible good place to leave a wounded guy.
OOOOOHHHHH he done chop him in da head.....
He forgot that anyone who survived THIS FAR is way tougher than some untested, inexperienced-with-zombies prisoners.
Rick has gone downright ruthless.
soooooo Who’s watching ‘’?????????????
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.