Skip to comments.Gold Gone? Germany baffled as Fed bars access to bullion
Posted on 08/16/2013 4:55:22 PM PDT by QQQQ
Given all that has gone on in the financial world..would any country rely on the big NY and London banks to keep their gold in their vaults? Maybe a little for trading purposes,but not 95% of it.
Ooops. Obama & Co. been dipping into the federal till.
As I recall, I recently read that Germany was going to withdraw their gold from American vaults and ship it back home.
Over a 10 year period or something like that.
More evidence (at least for me) that it will take a long time to get the gold back in those vaults where it’s supposed to be.
they should DEMAND shipments start immediately.
back a truck up and demand their assests.
don’t leave until the truck is full... then back in another
any country with their assets in those valts should do the same.
why not? we keep hearing how gold isn’t money... so what’s the problem?
meanwhile, this gives an amazing plug for crypto currencies... ie: bitcoin
Little did Germany know, the U.S. is less trustworthy with their gold than they are.
Germany doesn’t want that “paper gold”, they want the real bullion.
This is exactly what FDR did. Take other people’s gold and keep it.
As noted in the YouTube video, Germany is repatriating their gold over a 10 year timespan.
That makes no sense unless the gold isn’t there anymore and the Germans know it. If it was there they would take immediate delivery.
So - Where is the German gold? I bet even the French would like to know.
This will not end well.
The same wil be found true of the silver in private vaults as well.
Fed to Obama: “those white guys in Europe want their gold back!”
I agree with you 100%!
There is a better chance to find nazi gold somewhere in the lake than German gold in US. I hope I’m wrong...this will destroy our credibility.
I'd then weigh, determine the volume, and x-ray every bar.
Of course it is gone.
It has been gone for years.
What does your chart mean? As long as we are in debt, the price of gold will be high?
I believe it means that as they raise they debt ceiling (that the taxpayers owe to the central banks), the market price goes up because investors realize that gold is “God’s money.” As we take on more and more debt, the likelihood that it will be repaid is less and less a reality. When the whole shebang collapses, only gold and commodities will have real value, not fiat paper money.
Bush did it! Is he the worst human being ever? We all knew he was a stupid racist but now we know he’s a thief.
I suspect that there is a lot more of this, and it is far more widespread than just about anyone suspects. But what is really keeping the dam from bursting is ironically that there is probably so little physical gold, compared to “gold on paper”, that nobody could handle a call.
In comparison, look at the derivatives markets. Somehow those markets wheel and deal in amounts of money several times greater than the GDP of the entire world. They cannot realistically do this, but they are doing it anyway, and nobody is stopping them.
So what if there is so little physical gold, compared to the amount of gold which has been sold, over and over again, that its realistic price is $100,000 an ounce? What about $1,000,000 an ounce?
Importantly, this does *not* mean that if you have an ounce of gold, it is *worth* $1,000,000. What it means is that there is $1,000,000 worth of *debt* based on that gold.
Debt that somebody is supposed to repay, but won’t, because they can’t.
This is much like the situation before the stock market crash of 1929, when people who bought stock for 10% margin sold it to other people for 10% margin, who then sold it. Everybody made money as long as the price of the stock went up. But when the price went down, everybody in the chain suddenly owed the other 90%, that nobody could pay.
But in this case, the margin call is to the FED, and the FED refuses to pay up, or admit it can’t pay up.
In effect, it can be called “Schrödinger’s Gold”. It exists in the vaults of the FED until you look inside, and if you do, it vanishes.
debt clock frozen
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.