Skip to comments.Rezko giving Obama up to federal prosecutors?
Posted on 10/10/2008 3:23:10 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
The Sun Times today gave a major clue that Barack Obama will indeed go down with Tony Rezko, sooner rather than later. It looks as though Rezko is about to turn on Alexi Giannoulias, the 30-year old State Treasurer of Illinois (who was elected only because Obama backed him).
Heres where all the clues are and then well walk you through the local Chicago politics on how todays hint by the Sun Times has us convinced, for the first time ever, that prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald could indeed send Barack Obama to jail.
We need to repeat that: we never believed, until now, that Obama would go to jail for anything related to Rezko. Today, this breaking news about what Rezko is singing to the Feds about makes us reconsider all of that.
Barack Obama will serve a prison sentence in the next few years because knowing Fitzgerald, there is no reason he would be going through all of this if that was not the targeted goal in the long term.
(1) Michael Sneed in her Sun Times column 10/10/08 had the following tidbit:
Sneed hears rumbles political fund-raiser/fixer Tony Rezko, who is now singing sweetly to the feds from his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, has been talking about his dealings with a Chicago bank, which has political connections.
(2) We just spoke with someone well-connected in Chicago politics who told us that the bank Sneed is talking about has to be Broadway Bank, which is owned by the politically-connected Giannoulias family. We were told that Sneeds column confirms rumblings people we know heard independently that Tony Rezko is giving up the Giannoulias family to Patrick Fitzgerald Rezko and the Giannoulias family are as close and tied together as anyone in Chicago could be. If Rezko is turning on them, then Rezko is going to give up Governor Rod Blagojevich and Obama too.
We dont want to end up in cement shoes for implying anything here, but if you live in Chicago for any length of time, you hear rumors about Broadway Bank, the Giannoulias family, and insert Tony Soprano references here. Kapeech?
(3) So, Rezko is singing about the Giannoulias family and its longtime business dealings in Chicago, which would interest someone like Fitzgerald and the Justice Department, who have had a long ambition to crack Soprano-style business dealings in Chicago (the city known for Al Capone hasnt changed much, really). The next plate to drop in this will be Fitzgerald then leaning on the Giannoulias family to give up someone bigger than them, who Fitzgerald once discussed in terms of hoping he has the morals to do the right thing, to paraphrase. We now believe that person Fitz was talking about is Barack Obama.
(4) The Giannoulias family was involved with Obama as far back as his first state senate campaign in 1996. It has been long rumored here in Chicago that Obama obtained a sweetheart deal on his first town home here in Chicago which he could not have afforded otherwise and guess who the financing came from for that house? Weve been told it was Broadway Bank, the Giannoulias bank. Now, this sets up a scenario where the Giannoulias family helps Obama with his campaign finances and gets him deeper in their pocket with his sweetheart mortgage deal (for the first home he owned that he could not afford) all in exchange for quid pro quo to be determined later.
(5) One favor political Chicago claims Obama did for the Giannoulias family was in 2006 when, out of the blue, 29 year old Alexi Giannoulias, with no experience, and without ever having voted before, decides to run for State Treasurer of Illinois. Also out of the blue, Barack Obama endorses Alexi Giannoulias for State Treasurer. This was a SHOCK to everyone in Chicago and Giannoulias would have never become State Treasurer without Obamas help. In political circles here, it has always been believed that this endorsement was bought years ago with that sweetheart mortgage deal Broadway Bank arranged for Obama to buy his town house.
(6) So, the Tony Rezko sweetheart deal was not the first magic home loan Obama ever received to buy a house he could not afford.
Theres more to this that looks like it will break soon. We were STUNNED when we read Sneeds column because we never in a million years believed Fitz would actually be able to take down Obama.
We do not believe this will come out before the election, however, but we do believe Fitzgerald will continue his prosecution to the highest level, because that is what he does. Jean Valjean got off easy, compared to what its like to be in the crosshairs of perhaps the greatest prosecutor this nation has had in a generation. Patrick Fitzgerald is a force of nature.
Sneeds clue can only mean Broadway Bank weve now heard this from several people in Chicago. And Broadway Bank can only mean Giannoulias. And Giannoulias leads to Obama through that town house home loan and the quid pro quo political endorsement several years later. And that home loan ties back to Rezko, in that it was the first of two shady home buys Obama made with quid pro quos attached to them.
Just thinking that last paragraph out, Obamas defense in the Rezko business was that he never did anything for Rezko so there was no quid pro quo. What the Giannoulias and Broadway Bank stuff proves is that Obama sits in peoples pockets for a while before the favor is given. He bought that town house sometime between 1997-2000 or so, since he lived there for a few years before trading up to the Obama Mansion with Rezkos help in 2005, after he was in the United States Senate. And it looks like the payback was not given to the Giannoulias family until 2006, with Obamas endorsement of Alexi Giannoulias for State Treasurer.
This all stems from Sneeds clue in todays Sun Times. She says to stay tuned for more, so please do that.
All due to be released to the public on the 12th!
Is that the “Fitzmas” Fitzgerald?
The very same one!
“We do not believe this will come out before the election, however”
will see....hopefully. Would love it if it happened BEFORE the election OR that we got some leaks backed with documents that show Obama is being indicted. Nice...I guess we can dream...hope.....
I suspect it’s more likely Blagojevich than obama. But who knows...
We'll be lucky if this gets covered at all in the MSM before the election.
Hillbuzz underestimates the ability of the racial grievance industry to intimidate The Man.
Obama endorses killing babies and thus deserves no sympathy. Bring him down by every legal means.
The caged bird is singing.
So what does that get us Pres. Byeden?
I do believe that the Chicago Sun-Times qualifies as “main stream media” don’t you?
Sorry, but the day Patty Fitzgerald puts a DEM in jail for something illegal will be the day I vote for Obama.
Once Obama is president, he will NOT go down under any of the circumstances mentioned in this article. Why would anyone think that shady deals would hurt someone like Obama? I’d bet $100, but what with the financial meltdown and all, I don’t have $100.
We better quit hoping for a “smoking gun” against Hussein and just take him on for what we DO know about him. He can be defeated on the merits, not just this corruption crap.
Of course he is corrupt. And he is corrupt because of his ideology. Let’s defeat him on both counts.
If we learned anything from the Clinton years its that scandals don't get legs till "the news" starts beating the drum. They will not do that to Obama, it does not matter what he has done.
This is the, what, third posting of this from “Hillbuzz,” of whom I’ve never heard before?
“...Barry, in jail? I don’t think so....”
If he is elected, it all goes away.
Federal Prosecutors serve at the pleasure of the President.
...at the pleasure of Democrat presidents only, if the MSM is to be believed.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.