Skip to comments.
Truth from the Democrats: A FR resource of pandering, and lying of the Democratic candidates
Posted on 01/05/2004 12:10:00 AM PST by jmcclain19
Dedicated to sharing the true positions, statements and actions of the Democratic Candidates, devoid of each's campaign spin.
If you see or know of a link that isn't on this page about any of the candidates listed here, email us and help us spread the word.
Army General Wesley Clark
Vermont Governor Howard Dean
- 01/03/03 - Dean admits that sealing records was politically motivated
- 06/22 - Dean bombs on NBC's "Meet the Press"
- 06/25 - Dean's arrogance on National Security is dangerous
- 07/01 - Major media's critique of his Meet the Press appearance
- 07/03 - Dean avoids question on whether or not he's performed abortions
- 07/06 - Dean tongue is faster than his brain
- 07/15 - Dean for America's hollow accusations
- 07/19 - Howard Dean - The left's Pat Buchanan
- 07/22 - All nine pandering to the NAACP
- 07/23 - Does Howard Dean believe everything he says?
- 07/28 - DLC: Dean candidacy would devastate party
- 07/29 - Funny Math and spin from the Dean Camp
- 08/01 - Gov. Dean's exorbitant record sealing as Governor
- 08/05 - Many believe Dean is the liberal Ronald Reagan
- 08/05 - Dean refuses to answer questions about civil unions on Larry King
- 08/06 - Howard Dean is no centrist
- 08/06 - Dean lies straight faced to the AFL-CIO
- 08/06 - Dean's true feelings on Civil Liberties come out
- 08/06 - Dean: I misspoke about Social Security
- 08/07 - NY Post takes him to task for lying
- 08/11 - Howard Dean the Tax Machine
- 08/18 - Dean Campaign admits to spamming
- 08/18 - Dean Campaign admits to spamming, again
- 08/18 - "Computer Age Campaign" apparently deals with unsavory online characters and spam-houses
- 08/18 - Dean camp flip-flopping on Campaign Finance
- 08/20 - Fellow Governor's won't endorse Gov. Dean
- 08/22 - Dean: Vermont moderates are really liberals
- 08/25 - Pandering all over the board on Free Trade
- 08/25 - Insults intelligence of CNN's Wolf Blitzer
- 08/25 - Flip-flops on all kinds of issues
- 08/27 - Dean assails NAFTA
- 08/28 - Dean the Draft Dodger? The Worst of Howard Dean
- 08/29 - WashPost - Dean invites criticism by changing more positions
- 09/02 - Even Hillary Clinton, Evan Bayh know that Dean is a non-starter as a candidate
- 09/04 - Howard Dean stumbles at the Democratic Debate
- 09/04 - Dean - "Our Troops need to come home"
- 09/05 - Complete inability to hold in temper
- 09/06 - Boston Globe: Dean's campaign finance flip flops as Governor
- 09/08 - Joe Kline on Dean - "How many of Dean's positions are negotiable?"
- 09/08 - Dean, in pandering to labor unions, offers to essentially destroy US Trade policy around the globe
- 09/09 - Dean's abhorrent Israel statement
- 09/10 - House Dems attack Dean's Israel position
- 09/10 - Why Dean got hit on Israel
- 09/11 - Dean's pandering lies to the Cong. Black Caucus
- 09/12 - NH Firefighters Union torches Gov. Dean's record
- 09/14 - More on Dean's record as Vermont Gov.
- 09/14 - Candidate Dean can get snippy, having lots of practice saying "I'm Sorry"
- 09/14 - Dean: Hamas terrorists are "soldiers"
- 09/23 - Dean compares Bush to King George
- 09/23 - Dean pander alert, becomes a Red Sox Fan
- 09/24 - Dean attacks Clark for waffling
- 09/26 - Dean - "We need to remember that the enemy is George Bush"
- 09/26 - Kerry debuts 'Howards House of Waffles'
- 09/27 - Key support for Dean disappears due to Clark nomination
- 09/28/03 - Dean attacks Clark after losing first-place in several polls
- 09/28/03 - Candidate Flip-flops upsetting Top Democratic strategists
- 09/29/03 - Dean chastises others for changing positions, while doing the same
- 10/01/03 - Dean's rivals closing in on his flip-flops
- 10/01/03 - Dean the mudslinger
- 10/02/03 - Washington Watchdog Group preparing suit to force opening of Dean's VT records
- 10/07/03 - Dean Campaign paying bloggers, commenters to pump up campaign on sites
- 10/09/03 - Dean: Bush setting the stage for the "downfall of America"
- 10/09/03 - Burlington Free Press: Dean's constant flip flops 'disheartening', 'disappointing'
- 10/09/03 - Dean feared a Willie Horton popping up in his past when sealing his Government records
- 10/10/03 - What is Howard Dean hiding in Vermont?
- 10/16/03 - Dean seemingly doesn't read the financial pages
- 10/16/03 - WashPost - The Responsibility Gap
- 10/17/03 - Manchester Union Leader - Dean's lead is a surprise, but it shouldn't be
- 10/26/03 - Dean and black churches
- 10/27/03 - Buyer's remorse over Howard Dean
- 10/29/03 - Clark helping out Dean
- 11/09/03 - More on Dean's NAFTA/Social Security Waffles
- 11/09/03 - Dean attacked for flag flap & CFR
- 11/12/03 - Novak: Dean will be the DNC Nominee, warts and all
- 11/12/03 - Goldberg: Dean's Vermont
- 11/12/03 - Will: On Dean Opting out of Public financing
- 11/14/03 - Confederates for Dean
- 11/17/03 - Will: Dean is Democrats Dual Nightmare
- 11/19/03 - Dick Morris: Dean's Iraq Quagmire
- 11/21/03 - KnightRidder: Dean's Stances come back to haunt him
- 11/22/03 - Dean the Draft Dodger - Part II
- 11/24/03 - Ted Rall and Howard Dean
- 11/25/03 - Max Cleland attacks Dean
- 12/01/03 - What's Howard Dean hiding?
- 12/01/03 - Dean: Bush has "no understanding of defense"
- 12/02/03 - Yale Daily News: Why Dean can't win
- 12/03/03 - James Lileks on Howard Dean
- 12/08/03 - Dean, Lieberman swoon over Graham as VP/Cabinet pick
- 12/10/03 - Why Gore would endorse Dean
- 12/10/03 - TNR: Dean's second rate pander on steel tariffs
- 12/10/03 - Manchester Union Leader: Take Dean to task
- 12/12/03 - TNR: Vermont is the New Bermuda
- 12/13/03 - Gephardt: Dean guilty of gross hypocrisy
- 12/15/03 - Dean bumped from Newsweek cover
- 12/15/03 - Dr. Dean's Military could have caught Saddam six months ago
- 12/16/03 - Brewing scandal over foreign contributions to Clark, Dean campaigns, MoveOn.org
- 12/17/03 - Kerry tries to use NY Times reporter to slam Dean, fails
- 12/17/03 - Dean under fire for Saddam Comments
- 12/19/03 - Civil rights leader blasts Dean over use of N-word at fundraiser
- 12/19/03 - Dean attacks moderate Democrats, Fmr President Clinton
- 12/19/03 - NatlReview: Dean's foreign policy team's horrible track record
- 12/20/03 - Soros has doubts about Dean
- 12/21/03 - Dean, Clark spar over possible VP offer
- 12/21/03 - Anti - Dean ad features Bin Laden
- 12/22/03 - TNR: Beyond Belief: Howard Dean's religion Problem
- 12/22/03 - MSNBC's "Exclusive" interview with Dean
- 12/23/03 - Dean rebuked for statement that his brother served in the military
- 12/25/03 - Dean supporters give Kerry "flip-flops" as Christmas presents
- 12/28/03 - Kerry: What will Dean say next?
- 12/28/03 - Democrats schooling Dean on Foreign Policy
- 12/29/03 - 16 questions for Howard Dean
- 12/29/03 - TNR: Dean needs to get some of his own medicine
- 12/29/03 - Lieberman: Dean will melt under GOP attack ads
- 12/29/03 - Dean: My supporters won't easily back another candidate
- 12/29/03 - Rivals attack Dean's own secret energy commission
- 12/30/03 - Going over the cliff with Howard Dean
- 12/30/03 - Kerry takes on Dean and Bush
- 12/30/03 - Manchester Union Leader Publisher: Dean is one loose cannon
- 12/30/03 - Slate: Why Howard Dean needs to grow up
- 12/30/03 - Fmr Clinton Press Secretary Lockhart attacks Dean's whining(last paragraph)
- 12/31/03 - Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Dean will boost GOP majority
- 12/31/03 - Dean: My critics are just jealous
- 01/01/04 - Novak: Dean keeps giving other campaigns fodder
- 01/01/04 - Politics of Secrecy: Dean's personal record stonewalling
- 01/02/04 - Dean accused of incompetence in Vermont Mad Cow scare
- 01/03/04 - Dean's plan to take back the House for the Democrats
- 01/03/04 - Dean warned repeatedly about lax security at VT Nuclear plant, yet did nothing
- 01/04/04 - Democrats fear Dean is another McGovern
- 01/04/04 - Clark's Vietnam jab at Dean falls flat
- 01/05/04 - How James Carville and Terry McAuliffe created Howard Dean
North Carolina Senator John Edwards
Missouri Representative Dick Gephardt
Massachusetts Senator John Kerry
Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman
RNC's Democratic Candidate Research
RNC's "Who is" Series
TOPICS: Free Republic; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS: 2004; 2004election; clark; dean; democrats; edwards; electionpresident; gephardt; howarddean; johnkerry; kerry; lieberman; weasleyclark; whataweasel
Newly updated for the new year. I hope this resource will help FReeper's across the US get the true words and actions of the candidates out there via Talk Radio, letters to the editor and grassroots activism.
Thanks for donating to Free Republic!
Move your locale up the leaderboard!
posted on 01/05/2004 12:11:25 AM PST
by Support Free Republic
(I'd rather be sleeping. Let's get this over with so I can go back to sleep!)
To: ohioWfan; MamaB; My2Cents; PhiKapMom; Texagirl4W; Miss Marple
posted on 01/05/2004 12:22:39 AM PST
(Kool Aid - The Breakfast of Democrats)
bump for reference!
posted on 01/05/2004 12:53:14 AM PST
(Should we be more like them, or they like us?)
Can we boil this down to sound bites like some I've heard recently out the mouths of the nine (plus one) dwarfs?
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between following the U.N. or allowing the U.S. to be a stand alone nation.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between government paid universal health care for all or allowing the Republicans to dismantle medicare as we know it.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between saving social security as we know it or allowing the Republicans to begin privatization.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between giving money to real working families that need it or giving tax cuts to the wealthy who pay taxes (and don't need it).
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between appointing judges who will stand up for a woman's right to choose or allowing the Republicans to appoint neanderthals to the judiciary.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between the environment or allowing Republicans to add more arsenic to your water or drill for oil in our own land.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between continuing liberal policies or allowing the Republicans to destroy all the good that Bill Clinton did and roll back all the progress made since the New Deal.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between gay marriage or allowing God to be the guide for our moral values.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between "effective" national defense and Bush's failed and "unnecessary" war against Saddam Hussein.
According to the Democrats, the next election means choosing between gay rights, a woman's right to choose, affirmative action, health care, education, welfare and the environment vs the mean spirited Republicans who want to take it all away.
Etc, etc, etc.
posted on 01/05/2004 12:56:09 AM PST
by Jim Robinson
(I don't belong to no organized political party. I'm a Republycan.)
To: Jim Robinson
Surrender your country vs Bush
Would any of the HTML wizards be able to view the source code of the Dean or Clark web sites to see if there are any interesting links, counters, or capture codes?
Comment #11 Removed by Moderator
To: Jim Robinson
According to the Democrats, the 2004 elections are about keeping our heads out of our arses for four more years or sticking them right back in the way they were for eight years under Clinton.
posted on 01/05/2004 1:41:56 PM PST
(Howard Dean - all bike and no path)
To: jmcclain19; okie01; Dog Gone; BibChr; sinkspur
Damn fine work. A ping to the usual suspects.
posted on 01/05/2004 1:42:51 PM PST
(Howard Dean - all bike and no path)
Bookmarked! Great job!
posted on 01/05/2004 1:45:49 PM PST
(Another American optimist!)
Great job. A veritable cornucopia of ammunition to fire at the peashooters from the other side!
posted on 01/05/2004 1:50:10 PM PST
(Adopt a shelter dog or cat! You'll save one life, and maybe two!)
Wow! What an accomplishment!
posted on 01/05/2004 1:51:14 PM PST
("...behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD, so what wisdom is in them?" [Jer. 8:9])
posted on 01/05/2004 1:59:37 PM PST
by Dog Gone
bookmark bump...great job jmcclain19
posted on 01/05/2004 2:19:05 PM PST
(If we accept responsibility for our own actions, we are indeed worthy of our freedom. – Bill Whittle)
It irks me to say this, but I am concerned that the following WILL HAPPEN.
President Bush will lose to HOWARD THE DUCK(Dean).
(1) Howard Dean being called Dr. Dean (to pull in the Oprah voters)
(2) Amount of voters exposed only to major media and gossip before voting VERY LARGE.
Amount of voters with real info on candidates, and making an informed rational decision very small.
posted on 01/05/2004 2:34:22 PM PST
("Duty is ours, Results are God's" --John Quincy Adams)
posted on 01/05/2004 5:40:49 PM PST
To: Jim Robinson
Very, Very well said.
posted on 01/05/2004 5:43:56 PM PST
You might want to give Jim some helpful hints in his effort.
posted on 01/06/2004 12:44:46 PM PST
posted on 01/06/2004 12:51:47 PM PST
(Our work is the presentation of our capabilities. - Von Goethe)
Thank you so much for the ping! Some really great collections are links, but sadly websites change and articles are dropped (or "corrected") and things can be lost. To circumvent this problem, for the DSL, I tried to excerpt the key data points from each article along with its source. Phrases can then be selected and used for Google searches to find copies of the original articles down the road when needed.
All your truth are belong to us!
And THANK YOU, this is an incredible resource :-)
posted on 01/07/2004 4:50:14 AM PST
(EARTH FIRST!!! We'll stripmine the other planets later...)
Very nice compilation. Thank you! Bookmarked.
posted on 01/07/2004 4:42:54 PM PST
(Schumer's unhappy federal judges have lifetime positions, so he should work to amend that.)
To: Jim Robinson
havent heard the term "Lockbox" this time. You know how crazy that drove me with Gore and his lockbox. Wished he put himself in a lockbox and threw away the key!!!
Look at the favorable/unfavorable ratings for Dean. No one likes a whiny person and that is what he is. Doubt he can get anywhere by going after Bush as POTUS has brilliantly taken away all of the DIM issues. So they have to go to the extreme left to counter-attack and that is not going to work.
Plus, just play a few of the tapes where Dean calls Bush a moderate from past years and even Dims are going to think twice about who to vote for...
posted on 01/11/2004 12:46:39 AM PST
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson