Skip to comments.2001 Top Secret Document: Production of Prohibited Nerve Gas Detectors (Translation)
Posted on 05/01/2006 1:05:30 PM PDT by jveritas
Saddam Regime Document CMPC-2003-016083 dated in 2001 contains a series of Top Secret memos that address the production of Nerve Gas Detectors which was prohibited by the United Nations resolutions concerning Iraq according to the document itself. The importance of the production of the Nerve Gas Detector is shown by the top secret letters exchange between the Presidential Office and the head of the Iraqi Military Industrialization Commission (M.I.C). This documents is yet another indication that Saddam Regime never stopped his WMD programs, and the nerve Gas Detector which some can see it a defensive in nature is not to be considered so when it comes to Saddam Regime, everything has an offensive and aggressive use.
Beginning of Translation of page 5 of document CMPC-2003-016083
In the Name of God the Most Merciful The Most Compassionate
The Republic of Iraq
The Presidency of the Republic
The Military Industrialization Commission
To: THE PRESIDENTIAL SECRETARIAT
Subject: Detection Equipment
Your top Secret letter number AA/128 on 10/12/2000, we would like to show the following:
1. On 10/12/2000 a laboratory test was done on the new equipment and the results of the test was similar to the required quality compared with the Russian equipments
2. On the light of the above (1) a second equipment was received from the Ministry of Industry and Minerals and the total tests were done on it on 24/12/2000 using laboratory equipment to Chemical Detection Device (GSU-12) and with the presence of the Chemical Class representatives and the manufacturing party and its success was proven from the perspective of detection and reaction to NERVE AGENTS.
Please review with regards
Abd AlTwab Abdallah AL Mulah Huwaish
The Minister of Military Industrialization
End of translation of page 5.
Now on page 71 of the document there is a section that mentions that the production of Nerve Gas Detectors is PROHIBITED
Beginning of Partial Translation of page 71
Based on what is in the letter of the respected Presidential Secretariat (Top Secret) aa/4 on 22/1/2001 followed by the Top Secret letter of (M.I.C) 2/4/44 on 13/1/2001 and after review of the technical report the commission recommend the following:
1. Consider it a work that reach level of Invention Works because it replace the need that occur to the Russian equipment that has an expired efficiency and that exist in the storages of the Chemical Class, and it is a PROHIBITED EQUIPMENT where the price of the effective material in it can reach 51,000 Dollars
End of partial translation of page 71.
Another good catch.
Thanks for you hard work.
(I heard you live on the radio.)
Production of Prohibited Equipments related to WMD.
Thanks yet again. Your efforts, continue to build up the growing case against Saddam. They day will come when many understand he never stopped pursuing wmd programs.
And that we had all the right to remove his terrorist regime after 9/11.
A Jveritas translation related to Nerve agent detectors.
"it is a PROHIBITED EQUIPMENT where the price of the effective material in it can reach 51,000 Dollars
1) Are they suggesting that it is PROHIBITED EQUIPMENT because the cost is prohibited?
2) It appears that to test the detectors they have to actually HAVE nerve agents.
Please get jveritas in front of the Cameras daily seeing he is doing what the US government should be spending its money and time on rather than some other useless project!
Thank you in advance.
ASA Vet thanks for the ping, and jveritus, thanks for more outstanding translation.
Thank you very much, just doing my little duty here.
2001 Top Secret Document: Production of Prohibited Nerve Gas Detectors (Translation)
Release/Translation of Classified PreWar Docs ping. If you want to be added or removed to the ping list, please Freepmail me.
Please add the keyword prewardocs to any articles pertaining to this subject.
That was my immediate thought, too. How can you test your Nerve Agent detectors if you don't have Nerve Agents to test them with?