Skip to comments.TV Star, Former Republican Senator Fred Thompson Mulls '08 Presidential Bid
Posted on 03/08/2007 7:43:28 PM PST by West Coast Conservative
click here to read article
Anybody have a list of his positions on the issues?
they are as good as we are going to get
Rudy, he is not!
Thought to myself the other day after hearing about his rant on the Libby issue that this guy would make a good presidential candidate. I think he's Pretty darned conservative from what I recall.
Well, flashbunny, Fred Thompson's attitudes on the
issues just have to transcend Hillary Clinton's attitudes. Can you imagine that I would choose Hillary Clinton over Fred Thompson. I would hope that your imagination is not that shallow. Is it?
I don't know his positions, but he is a well-spoken Conservative and definitely has more Charisma than the current crop of candidates. If his ideology is similar to Reagan's, we could have ourselves another "Ronaldus Maximus."
So their theory says he is:
"Fred Thompson is a Moderate Populist Conservative."
The more the merrier. The more choices we have the better off we are.
That's my 2 cents.
* Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
* Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
* Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
* Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
A solid choice who happens to be the best chance for the Republicans in 2008, IMO.
Best choice of the current crop of those interested on the right.
I'm still not sure about Thompson. He looks presidential but this isn't American idle. (Misspelling intentional)
I find this interesting. Fred would be an attractive candidate, but I don't know much about his positions.
Fred Thompson sounds heck of a lot better than the other 1st Tier Candidates.
Right now, I'm leaning towards Romney, but if Fred jumps in, he's got my vote.
That sounds petty good. Thanks for the rundown.
Okay, Fred, jump on in. The waters warm.
in fact, it is. independents decide these elections, and you need candidates with name recognition and "face" recognition to attract voters who aren't plugged into politics.
my advice to Thompson - if you are going to get in, get in now - don't play games and wait it out. get in, get known, get money, get going.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.