Skip to comments.Late-Term Abortion Facility in Dallas To Close - Eighth Closure Since Bishop Began Prayer at Clinics
Posted on 06/25/2008 7:01:43 PM PDT by Coleus
24 hours a day, 7 days a week ecumenical effort was organized, with more than 800 people from 89 churches and several denominations
The Catholic Pro-Life Committee, the Respect Life Ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Dallas, has reported that Aaron Women's Health Center, a late-term abortion facility in Dallas will be closing its doors on June 28. Aaron's was one of three abortion clinics in Texas authorized to perform late-term abortions on unborn babies older than 16 weeks gestation. When Bishop Charles Grahmann began leading a monthly "Second Saturday Rosary" outside Dallas abortion clinics in 1990, there were 13 abortion clinics in the city. Seven clinics closed between 1990 and 2001, and after Aaron's closes there will remain only five freestanding abortion clinics in Dallas. The Catholic Pro-Life Committee and others have vowed to continue to pray and offer alternatives to abortion outside those remaining five clinics.
The Catholic Pro-Life Committee has maintained a constant presence of peaceful prayer and sidewalk counseling in front of Aaron's for over a decade and participated in a "40 Days for Life Prayer Vigil" there in 2004. During the 40 Days Vigil, a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ecumenical effort was organized, with more than 800 people from 89 churches and several denominations praying and fasting for an end to the killing of babies inside the clinic.
"We are overjoyed to hear that this notorious place of death is finally closing," said Karen Garnett, executive director of the Catholic Pro-Life Committee. "Not only is this a victory for the pro-life movement, for mothers and for babies, but it is a victory for Dallas as well, as the horrific practice of the killing of unborn children will take place at one less location in our city: Dallas will no longer be the home of a late-term abortion facility.
"We thank God for the many lives that will be saved and mothers spared the agony and regret of abortion with the closing of Aaron's. We stand ready to offer help and healing to those who have made the abortion decision at Aaron's or any other abortion facilities. We mourn the tremendous loss of so many thousands of innocent human lives, and we'll continue to pray and work towards the day when Dallas is an abortion-free city and the blood of innocent unborn children is no longer shed here."
Bishop Kevin Farrell of the Diocese of Dallas welcomed news of the closure of the clinic, saying, "This is the best news I've heard all week." He expressed his personal gratitude to everyone who has offered prayers and sacrifices for an end to the killing. A Mass of Thanksgiving for the closing of Aaron's will be celebrated Saturday, June 28.
Salvation, another one for your list!!
Praise be to God!
* Pro-life and an advocate for the Rights of Man everywhere. (Feb 2008)
* GovWatch: 1999: Don't force women to have illegal operations. (Feb 2008)
* Abortion issue shows what kind of country we are. (Aug 2007)
* Concerned if women undergo illegal dangerous operations. (May 2007)
* Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. (May 2007)
* Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them. (Jan 2000)
* Family Conference if daughter wanted an abortion. (Jan 2000)
* Abortion OK if raped; and no testing for rape. (Jan 2000)
* Supports fetal tissue research; against over-intensity. (Jan 2000)
* Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)
* Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion. (Oct 1999)
* Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it. (Aug 1999)
* Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing. (Aug 1999)
* Nominate justices based on experience, and values. (Jun 1999)
* Restrict abortions; no partial-birth; no public funding. (Jul 1998)
* Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
* Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
Now is the time to move to close all abortion clinics in the U.S. and make abortion a crime of murder for all involved.
From OnTheIssues.org: Obama on Abortion
* Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
* We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
* Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
* Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
* GovWatch: Obama's "present" votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
* Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
* Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
* Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
* Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
* Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
* Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
* Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
* Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
* Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
* Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
Praise our Lord, another mill bites the dust. Prayer and fasting works!
Hallelujah...for not but the forces of evil will not go away quietly.
We need to keep up the pressure against the Evil that is done to human beings.
Wonderful news. Can’t wait until they are all closed.
“Obama has spent a scant two years in the Senate but served eight years at the Illinois capitol in Springfield.
During that time, Obama voted AGAINST (emphasis mine) a bill that received national attention and would protect babies born alive after botched abortions.”
Obama wanted born-alive babies to be left to die on a shelf.
Yes, that was stated in the RealClearPolitics piece I posted on Obama and abortion.
"Obama's record on abortion is extreme. He opposed the ban on partial-birth abortion -- a practice a fellow Democrat, the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan, once called 'too close to infanticide.' Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion. And now Obama has oddly claimed he would not want his daughters to be 'punished with a baby' because of a crisis pregnancy -- hardly a welcoming attitude toward new life."
Something nice to read for a change. Praise the Lord for His answer to prayer.
If this one thing alone doesn’t speak volumes about who and what Barack Obama is, I have no idea what might.
I just can’t help but think of that poor young lady that wrote a book about her own life - she survived an abortion and later grew up to be a beautiful woman, although she has some serious medical issues. Dobson had her on his program; as well, he had several adults who were the products of rape.
Thank you Lord.
Prayer works,in union with the prayers of our loving Blessed Mother in Heaven who watches over the unborn and new born babies...
If enough people pray we can end these abominations.
“I just cant help but think of that poor young lady that wrote a book about her own life - she survived an abortion and later grew up to be a beautiful woman, although she has some serious medical issues. Dobson had her on his program; as well, he had several adults who were the products of rape.”
I wish liberal maninstream tv media would have this young lady, and others who survived abortion, on their shows, but they won’t.
Dobson had her on his show, but if Nancy Pelosi gets her way, and the “Fairness” Doctrine passes, Dobson would have to have the pro-abortion views on his show for equal time.
“I just saw a special today about premature newborns, as young as thirty or thirty-two weeks.”
I think shows like this will open up more hearts and minds.
I think that McCain will hold still on the embryonic stem-cell research. But he is definitely pro-life.
This is joyful and encouraging news! The fact it is a late term facility is even better. Definitely progress, still work to do.
God is good.
Thank you for letting us know about this one and the one in New York.
In the meantime, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists are trying to force all OB/Gyns and Family Medicine docs to do abortions, or at least put their office near to an abortionist with whom they have a referral agreement! They call the conscience a “personal opinion.”
Pray for you doctor and for our policy makers, please.