Skip to comments.THIS RACE IS WINNABLE!!!
Posted on 10/14/2008 9:10:48 PM PDT by WestFlorida
Let me be clear, we are without a doubt behind in this race. The odds are definitely against us, but then again with the right/wrong numbers the way they have been and presidential approval numbers very low, we knew this for over a year. I believe the same party has held the white house three elections in a row only twice the last 100 years.
But taking all those things into account, along with the fact that we have BEEN OUTSPENT 3 TO 1. That is about to change, with the RNC committing to about 7.5 million a day along with the 527's(Obama has been spending 3 million a day). Obama should be 15 points ahead, and I mean in legitimate polls with properly weighed samples. He's not because voters have serious doubts about his character.
The point is, we have taken there best shots and are still standing. So everybody go rent the move "Miracle" about the US 1980 Olympic Hockey Team, watch my Tampa Bay Rays go to the world series Thursday(Hopefully!!), and keep the faith. We have approximately 200,000 more absentee ballot requests in Florida than the dems so far.
NEVER GIVE UP!
God Bless ya!!! :-)
I also believe McPalin will win handily. Here are my reasons:
1) Polls that show Obama ahead tell a different story when internals are studied.
2) Hillary and Bill dont want Obama to win, since she wants to run again in 2012
3) Hussein being Obamas middle name is still news to most people.
4) A picture of Obama dressed as a Muslim (there are at least three) is still worth 1000 words (3000 in this case). Man your email station! Post bills!
5) The PUMAs who know the hows and whys of Hillary getting cheated, will vote Palin, and will pull others. Check out http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=33711&page=3 and http://democrats-against-obama.org
6) Bitter ... [Gun Clingers], will vote McCain
7) The Palins ARE America and the conservative base. America and the conservative base will vote accordingly.
8) The NRA has 8 figures of ads to unload in swing states
9) At one point, Obama was only 5 points up in New York! New York!
10) The Democrats were talking about Democratic consultants freaking out over Obama mis-managing his campaign before they settled into poll alteration.
11) The Enemedia is already spreading the meme that if Obama loses, it is racism. They see the tea leaves ...
12) The Media was calling the election for Kerry ELECTION MORNING in 2004, and Carter and Reagan polled evenly on election day! SOMEONE is trying to buffalo us with these polls! Heres a history lesson of ACTUAL RESULTS:
1980: Reagan 50.75%, Carter 41%, (+9.75 Reagan) Reagan won 45 states.
1984: Regan 58.77%, Mondale 40.56% (+18.21 Regan) Reagan won 49 states.
1988: Bush 53.37%, Dukakis 45.65% (+7.72 Bush) Bush won 42 states.
1992: Clinton 43.01%, Bush 37.45%, Perot 18.91% (+5.66% Clinton) Clinton won 30 states.
1996: Clinton 49.23%, Dole 40.72%, Perot 8.40% (+8.49% Clinton) Clinton won 31 states.
2000: Bush 47.87%, Gore 48.38% (Gore +0.49%) Bush won 30 states.
2004: Bush 50.73%, Kerry 48.27% (Bush +2.46%) Bush won 31 states.
NO WAY is Obama up 14 points!
13) McCain has only started to play the Ayers and ACORN cards. McCain has not yet played the Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, Odinga, ... more at http://www.barackbook.com
14) Plenty of white Democratic voters are unimpressed with Obama, and will not vote for him. Democrats cant energize their base!
15) Obama has only 60% of the Jewish vote last I checked, compared to the 75% Kerry got.
16) The Christian base that re-elected Bush in 2004, knows Sarah is more than a Sunday Christian, and is praying for her.
17) McCain opened 50 offices in California. Its in play! It should be the bluest of the blue, and it is not.
18) Google Bradley Effect. Obama is getting poll votes hell never get on election day. PUMAs have also agreed to lie to pollsters about supporting Obama, and are encouraging others to do so.
19) Operation Chaos resulted in an overlarge quantity of Democrat registrations that will never ever vote Democratic.
20) Polls are meant by the liberal media, to SHAPE public opinion, not report it.
I am spending too to win.
WE WILL WIN.
Do NOT kneel before the polling gods and whimper.
Piss off a liberal and fight!
That depends wholly on whether McCain resists the urge to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the last moment.
At least one anti-republican colleague of mine has voted for hillary as a write-in candidate. He explained to me that his whole family is “mad as hell” about what the dnc did to hillary.
Well, if you do a little simple math to adjust the poll numbers from their donk oversampling to the donk/GOP actual turnouts in 2000 and 2004, McCain is WAY ahead. But the reigstrations (ACORN, anyone?) show that the donks are going to turn out 4:3 this year. Uh huh.
I’m looking for one thing and one thing only, what is the condition of the Get Out the Vote efforts?
In 04 and 06, our GOTV was supreme, granted we lost in 06, but we kept it relatively close mainly via GOTV, does anyone have any information on McPalin’s GOTV efforts?
Especially in FL and Compared to GWB’s?
I hope you’re right, but the only way is to call the media out. Start by exposing the bias in your own local paper. Mine has been completely silent on ACORN, for instance. And I’m calling it out here: The Post-Star out of Glens Falls, NY.
I believe as you do. The media puts out a lot of negative garbage and skewered polls and the mood becomes negative.
It ain’t over till it’s over.
I’m not so sure McCain will win, rather Obama will lose. People are finally finding out about Obama and will shift the balance toward McCain in the coming weeks.
The media needs to be taken to task. It’s always been this way, but people didn’t know.
It’s been so flagrant this election cycle, it can’t be ignored.
There is a “Protest The Media” thread here.
Actually, I doubt that very much. The poll samplings have been outrageously in favor of the Democrats, in obvious hopes the McCain-leaning people will be discouraged and vote Obama, or not at all.
But I do share your sentiment!
I contributed when Mac picked Palin. I will contribute the same amount again if he slams bambi in tomorrow’s debate. I may still contribute anyway but it will be less money. I want bambi to lose so bad he and his communist creep buds will be driven out of dodge forever.
“Let me be clear, we are without a doubt behind in this race.”
I consider myself good at poll numbers. I can handle the truth when things are bad. I knew 1996 was lost, 2004 was won.
I think we’re winning now, and for the life of me I have tried to find this coalition of 54% of the population voting for Obama, and with the exception to Paul Begala’s observations, I can’t find them. Not seniors, not working class, not men, not women, not aliens, I can’t find them.
Did anyone see Fox & Friends this morning and the Bradley effect in action? Fox Reporter was in Raleigh at a diner, asked 3 guys if they made up their mind. The first guy (an AA) said “Obama”, the next two folks said “I hadn’t decided”. My mom, whose not that much into politics called baloney on them and she said they didn’t want to get into an argument with the AA. Does anyone have this on tape? It aired around 6:10 EST this morning.
Me too. The polls are so biased that even skeptics are starting to buy into that bambi is ahead. He isn't ahead....but he is a head. And Larry Sinclair said that..............oh never mind.
I'm starting to wonder if this might have the opposite effect.
Many of the various democrat constituencies are lazy people. Voting takes effort to wake up, get dressed and go stand in line at the polls on a cold November day. How many democrats are going to wake up, read the paper, see that their guy is up 15 points in the polls and say, "Screw it. It's cold outside. Obama has this one in the bag. I'm going back to bed!"
Kinda like that "Simpsons" episode where Bart was a shoe-in for class president except nobody bothered to go vote and Martin won instead.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.