Skip to comments.Matthews: Media Shouldn't Cover RNC Criticism of Hillary
Posted on 01/13/2009 10:36:51 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest
Now that Barack Obama is assuming the presidency, partisan criticism is suddenly passé. Really, it's all just so churlish, so "yesterday." Just ask Chris Matthews. In the course of cheerleading the MSNBC coverage of Hillary Clinton's confirmation hearing today, Matthews suggested that the media shouldn't cover the Republican National Committee's criticism of Clinton.
The comments came during the Hardball host's chat with Newsweek's Jonathan Alter. A few minutes earlier, Matthews had assured us that those who had the privilege of knowing Hillary personally were aware of what a "wonderful" person she is. Then it was time to attack Republicans for daring not to join the Hillary love-in.
View video here.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...
Matthews: partisanship is passe ping to Today show list.
Keep this in mind next time McCain shows up on Hardball to eviscerate Republicans...
We’ve now heard from one of the leading National Socialist Democrat (Nazi) propagandists/censors for BO, Piss be upon him.
Matthews finally doing the Full Monty!!! LOL!
Dick Cheney’s past, and transparent association with (a defense-contractor and reputable US company), Halliburton was always dragged up by the media as if VP Cheney was on a retainer during his term in the Bush Administration.
But Clinton’s taking $500million from Saudi and other middle-eastern enemies of the US - is fine as long as he tells Obambi about it.
Only in socialist America with the Clintons as puppet masters.
Oh how I’d love to stuff a sock down his throat!
And of course we need to remember NBC's short-lived attempt to ban Ann Coulter "for life" because the network didn't want to give airtime to anyone who was going to criticize Obama.
The MSM went all-in a long time ago, and they are going to do everything they can to silence the critics.
Matthews is a punk, brown shirt. Watch for more and more of these Omedia losers aggressively work to shut out any opposition to their happy dreams. It will get worse than it has ever been, worse than we’ve imagined, and the RINOs will go along with it.
“Weve now heard from one of the leading National Socialist Democrat (Nazi) propagandists/censors for BO, Piss be upon him.”
Read the following, and note #’s 18, 20, and 21:
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
I must be in a time warp. Wasn’t it Matthews who while falling all over himself for Obama was making sexist remarks about Hillary and throwing rocks at her during the primary?
This is scary beyond words.
Hey Chrissie, why not. The media covered every friggin criticism of President G.W. Bush.
But it’s OKAY to talk gossip about Gov Palin’s family, right Shivers?
Shivers Matthews, go back and check MSNBC election coverage, at just prior to this time stamp, Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:14:32 PM:
To: Mr. Binnacle
Oh God, MSNBC, now Shivers Matthews cant get over attacking the Palin Family, cant win on Ideas, Shivers?
2,660 posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:14:32 PM by Son House
Is that Walter Mercado with Barry O?
Never heard of Mercado but I think the guy in pink is the one that had the feeling run up his leg. :)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.