Skip to comments.The "Country" of TEXAS...(Check it Out)
Posted on 04/15/2009 4:54:36 PM PDT by Dallas
THE COUNTRY of TEXAS
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don't know. Why not ask Obama?
5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we lead the nation in producing compute chips and communications equipment -small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care - We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. The Houston Medical Center alone employees over 65,000 people.
8. We have enough colleges to keep us getting smarter: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Texas Christian, Rice, SMU, University of Dallas , University of Houston , Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force, and it isn't restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas, it's a Right to Work State and, therefore, it's every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don't like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
13. Three of the ten largest cities in the United States , and twenty-three of the 100 largest cities in the United States , are located in Texas . And Texas also has more land than California , New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maryland , Rhode Island and Vermont combined.
14. Trade: Three of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in Texas .
15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don't need to. You see, nothing rusts in Texas , so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades, well most of the time.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
Signed, The People of Texas
P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about and maybe a chuckle!
SLEEP WELL TONIGHT "THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!"
If you do become a country can you invade California and make us a territory or some such thing?
I want to move there. Can I get a green card?
The only thing you are missing is commercial aviation and software.
What are the citizenship requirements of your country? Are Yankees allowed in if they bring ammo and supplies? ;)
You also have access to the sea...that is a MAJOR deal.
Isn’t Texas also on its own electric grid? I seem to remember seeing a news report about how one half of the nation is controlled by the East Grid, the other by the West Grid and Texas had its own grid.
Is that true? Then that’s another advantage Texas has in being its own state. I salute you!
Well, Michigan has....um, we have, uh... winter!
YEAH! GO MICHIGAN!
The only flies in the ointment are the border and the illegals. Youse guys can figure a way to correct that, I am sure.
I live here in CA and the problem is the people, at least the ones who keep electing the Democrat legislators and RINO governors.
Texas is about to grow by thousands of conservatives, very soon!!!! I’ll be one of them! HOORAY for TEXAS!
Texas can basically force policy to the bozos in Washington. Texas can survive on it’s own. Obama, Pelosi and Reid can’t survive without Texas.
Perry needs to keep ratcheting this up and tell Obama the more he spends, the more likely it is that Texas leaves.
Maybe the movement can start in Texas and eventually annex enough territory and other states to form “Heartland.”
I live here in CA, too, and I think an invasion would be waaaay more cool.
Some more to consider (and please comment):
Yes we do. The State of Texas has it's own Army, Navy and Air Force.
I heard the cover of the Texas passport has a gun on it. I’ll gladly replace mine.
So, how long to pay off for all the stuff the feds have there?
Or, did you think you owned it all? ALA Hugo Chavez?
Everyone paid for NASA, not just Texans. How are you going to pay for those who like America but live in Texas? Are you going to buy them out at market price? Or, are you going to steal it? What if individual counties don’t want to secede, do you crush them? Or will it be like Virginia and West Virginia?
You get back to us on how much it all comes to, pay for it, then you can have it.
Until then why don’t you fight for America? Conservatives love their country. Socialists hate it. Marxists hate it. Communists hate it. The left hates it.
Americans don’t hate it. Conservatives don’t hate it. So let’s knock of the BS and work on the basics.
>>>I want to move there. Can I get a green card?
“What are the citizenship requirements of your country? Are Yankees allowed in if they bring ammo and supplies? ;)”
I was thinking of a “Reagan Test”. Say Ronald Reagan and see which muscles twitch...you’ll know right away if they’re Texan material.
But your idea is valid as well. Break out a 9mm and see how they react. If they say “cool” (like my kids would do), then an instant green card.
LMAO...luv ya man
We will, however, use nuclear weapons to sever California from the continent and let it float off into the ocean.
I have a feeling a lot of states would join us. The United States of Texas would be a thing of beauty
Got my Texas pickemup truck with the Texas flag bumper sticker. Now, I just need that Texas passport.
Empty the prisons and send them all north...Like Castro did
How could the Libs be kept out?
Dell & Boeing.....Austin Texas is the Silicon Valley of the south I believe?
If Texas becomes its own country, I’m applying for citizenship immediately!
More than 52% of Americans do not believe in the country.
I prefer to undock Texas from the sinking Federal ship and watch as the inevitable progresses and the people eventually figure out what they did when they elected the Obamanation.
When they figure this out and revolt, they will need leadership, technology, aid, and governance. The Republic of Texas can provide that.
Also, something you seem to forget. Texas has nuclear weapons.
posession is 9.99/10 of the law =o)
You meant TASA right?? not NASA.
Don’t forget that if we decide we want to be our own country, I wouldn’t be surprised if a good chunk of Louisiana and Oklahoma asks to come with us.
Regarding #11- I would like to see us do what Switzerland does, a required national militia membership with training each year and the government making sure everyone is armed.
We share it with Arkansas and North Louisiana.
Sure. We welcome all good common sense people.
Other than that,,, PLEASE SUCCEED!!!!! I so want to move to a capitalistic society and watch the socialist fail.
We welcome you.
Very well said...
“The only flies in the ointment are the border and the illegals. Youse guys can figure a way to correct that, I am sure.”
No problem there, simply require workers be legal, and enforce it. No US Supreme Court to get in the way.
It’s nearly impossible to imagine how good it could be.
Gosh Texans really do have some “stones.”
Cool. That way we won't have to drive so far to get to the coast.
If they invaded wearing blue windbreakers with the ICE logo on the back, they'd pretty much have a deserted state to themselves.
Also, at the rates we intend to charge the rest of you for our petroleum and gas (we’d be joining OPEC), it’d take all of, oh, three days to pay for all of it.
We lease it all back to the remaining US... another source of revenue. :->
Then you have to learn twang. :)
Texas (Amarillo) has the nuke refurbishing facility. Nukes as in bombs that is. I believe this is the only one in the country.
Support Free Republic - Become a Monthly Donor
Not to mention that Texas can confiscate all the federal military bases and their equipment (I would guess that 75-80% of the personnel on those bases would gladly defect and join Texas).
No Problem....when you start paying “our” TEXAS gas tax...we’ll have you paid back in no time.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.