Okay....its reasonable for the Bishop to do this according to the tenets of the faith. But it seems a bit hypocritical as Patrick’s father, Ted, held these positions in congress:
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 100% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Sponsored bill for emergency contraception for rape victims. (Sep 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
* Focus on preventing pregnancy, plus emergency contraception. (Jan 2009)
Not only the Church presided over a Whopping Funeral Mass to send this reprobate to heaven.
Thank you Bishop Tobin.
That’s nice, but there is little that can be done when he goes to a liberal heretic who calls himself a catholic and feels like giving this jerk communion because the catholic church is loathe to discipline its own officials.
"I could actually feel the Host twisting and struggling in my hand, every time I got close to him," Bishop Tobin later explained. "And, this one time, I think I maybe actually heard it trying to scream..." ;)
Hopefully the pope will finally see that his silence on the nonsense going on here in the US, and the church’s support of healthcare, will be responsible for the millions of abortions in the future, not only in the US but around the world since O got into office.
Wonder if the administration in the vatican will hear the screaming of all those aborted dead babies lying at their feet. Wonder what the penance is for causing that kind of genocide? And all those babies without the benefit of last rights.....hope it keeps them up at night.
Yes decisions have consequences.....just almost never for a Kennedy.
Its high time that politicians actually were made to live with their decisions.
He needs to be publicly excommunicated from the Church:
This is a good thing. Why don't people like Kennedy just leave the Catholic church...They could become a member of one of the pro-choice Protestant denominations like the Presbyterian Church of the USA, United Church of Christ, Lutheran, etc...
Many Churches Support Abortion so I recommend that Patrick Kennedy and other democrats attend one of them. These websites have lists of pro-choice churches.
That’s about 60 years too late for that family.
How can a Kennedy or anyone else brag about being a Catholic and support abortion?
Thank You Bishop Thomas Tobin.