Skip to comments.Romney calls on Gingrich to release House Ethics report
Posted on 01/20/2012 12:46:34 PM PST by BradtotheBone
GILBERT, S.C. Mitt Romney and a top surrogate called for Newt Gingrich, Romney's chief rival for the Republican presidential nomination, to release the House Ethics Committee report that led to a reprimand of Gingrich and a $300,000 fine.
After Romney was pressed on his tax returns, Gov. Nikki Haley (R-S.C.) stepped in and interrupted Romney.
"The people of South Carolina are not talking about tax returns. They're not. They're talking about jobs, spending and the economy," she said before taking a shot at Gingrich, who is neck and neck with Romney in recent polls of South Carolina.
"In all honesty, I've heard more people wondering why you guys aren't asking about Ethics reports and ethics problems with the Gingrich campaign."
Romney then agreed with Haley that Gingrich should release the Ethics investigation immediately.
"Of course he should," Romney told reporters. "One of the issues that was raised last night by Rick Santorum was the fact that he was pushed out of the House by his fellow members. I think over 80 percent of Republican congressmen voted to reprimand the Speaker of the House, the first time in history. And Nancy Pelosi has the full record of that Ethics investigation. You know it's going to get out before the general election. Sure, he ought to get it out now."
(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...
Now ... where's your tax returns dude?!
Romney - doing the work so Obama doesn’t have to.
Not going to do Romney any good. Romney’s not the candidate for the G.O.P.
Haley is really burning the bridge to conservatives.
..gosh I hope the Tea Party of SC remembers this when she comes up for re-election...
Romney is desperate. Newt should refer him to the online site(s) and challenge Mitt again on releasing his taxes.
Thanks for the list
Thanks for the link
| Nikki Haley Ping
Send FReepmail to join or leave this list.
Our Governor has lost her mind.
Did he ask Obama to release his birth certificate?
LOLOLOL. I didn’t think I could despise him more. Is this an example of Myth”s “character”?
FUMR and FUNH
Maybe he is referring to the Nancy Pelosi documents (/s)
So will now the GOP insiders get mad at Mitt for making a democratic arguement against Newt?? Hmmmm Will they?
Agree. FWIW, I've told her office not to ever expect any more of my out of state support for her future campaigns :(
I'm sorry I ever supported her sorry ars.
That’s my feeling as well. Just another RINO.
I call on Nikki Haley to release all the information about all the work she did for Heidi Fleiss.
Another obvious, weak attempt by Romney and his minion to duck the subject of his tax returns.
I don’t care what he made- it’s the weirdness and awkwardness that he exhibits whenever the question is brought up that is troubling.
Latest Polls for Friday, January 20
South Carolina Republican Presidential Primary Clemson Poll Gingrich 32, Romney 26, Paul 11, Santorum 9, Perry Gingrich +6
South Carolina Republican Presidential Primary Public Policy Poll Gingrich 35, Romney 29, Paul 15, Santorum 15, Perry Gingrich +6
what an idiot he is, so this is how pathetic he is when he sees himself losing.
If the north east liberal could do some work then he’d see it on the internet.
You got to give credit for Haley standing by her pimp. So much for the all Indian ticket of Jindhal/Haley 2016, hee hee.
Swine. What a hypocrite.
The fact that Romney didn't know that is somewhat telling.
And while she's at it .... how about also releasing the information on the $36 G's that Willard laid on her BEFORE her endorsement. Hmmm?
IIRC, Gingrich was the only candidate who could respond with three South Carolina bullet points when the subject of the South Carolina economy came up last night.
Romney bought Haley for 36K. At least we know the whore’s price now.
Romney is outing all the RINOs. Go Romney! Then go away.
South Carolina FReepers need to be seriously looking for a primary Challenger for Haley NOW. Reelection time will be too late. We need to find, fund, and groom our candidate to replace this cunning runt now.
She has to go.
This is absolutely awesome. Since we are now on about the 3rd retread of Newt’s skeletons which were already dragged about over a decade ago, their effectiveness has now waned.
Our own RINOs and the DEMS have both used up everything in the arsenal against Newt. From here on out it’s going to be a growing corus of “Shut UP! We don’t want to hear about that AGAIN!”
Wife and I are befuddled about this Romney endorsement by Haley. It appears that our Guv may be following the path marked by Linseed Graham.
I hope this is just a one-time aberration and a one-time departure from the constituency that elected her.
Any Upstaters have a clue what’s going on with Haley?
1. Stop this idiotic primary process. It's a CIRCULAR FIRING SQUAD and the DNC is laughing it's ass off. Every state is exactly the same: "This could be the one! If Mitt wins in Iowa, no N.H., no S.C., no Fla. This is insane. The time wasted, the money wasted, the chance to take out the communist in the W.H. is unbelievable. These morons are like little kids taunting each other and then running home to momma when their feeling get hurt.
2. Use technology to get your agenda, your platform, your principles out to the voters. Stop this insane suicide of publicly flailing at each other while the left sets you up! Stop these insane debates. They prove nothing. They are NOT debates. They are set-ups by the leftist media to trip you up, to trick you, to get you to utter something that will take you out of the race.
3. At the conclusion of the one day primary where ALL Americans would have a chance to cast their ballot, the candidates should be prepared to announce their VP, Cabinet choices, and hit the ground running. Forget these insane summer conventions. A waste of time, a waste of money. Someone has to have the brains and the balls to step up and tell the ancient dying GOP that there is a new way to win an election.
4. Throw it back in the leftist media's face. Let's have some opposition research on all these commie stiffs. Don't let them ask you DNC 'gotcha' questions like King and Stephie! Stick right back down their throats and then crush them. They are NEVER going to love the right or respect the right or give the right a fair shake. Wake up you GOP slugs! Either we take out Obama now or this country is LOST!
5. Release your Ethics Report. Like little spoiled brats tattling on each other to mommy! Infantile, stupid, wasteful, moronic! Makes me sick. Day after day after of this prattle and squeak. Absolutely juvenile and disgusting!
Are you for real?!
She will NEVER get another donation from my family!!!
The more I think about this, I am very angry with her.
It probably went down like this:
Romney asks Haley before the pressed if she would do him a favor. would she please interrupt at some point and ask about the ethics report on Gingrich?See that way, Nikki, I’m not the one asking the question, and then I can tag team you on requesting it! To which Nikki says, anything for, O RINO King!
seriously, just WHO in SC was asking about the ethics report from how many years ago?
the whole set up and premise by Nikki shows she has gone to the dark side.
Politicans at her level aren’t without savvy, she must know how this playing with conservatives, what does she have reason to believe she is going to gain from this? I would love to know what she was promised to make her throw over the ones who brought her to the dance.
....>the whole set up and premise by Nikki shows she has gone to the dark side.
A classic case of it’s ABOUT me! She lives with the liberal RNC dogs; now she has her legacy -so let’s see her defend it. A traitor to conservatism. Mitt is not a conservative.
I am beinging to wonder more and more if other candidates (whether I like them or not) are having problems because of Romney and the MSM following him blindly. Not only Newt but also Herman troubles were ‘pushed’ from somewhere.
It appears the MSM is attempting to be ‘King maker’ again and saddle the voters with an MSM choice as candidate.
What a loser Haley is, yes the ARE talking about Mitt’s tax returns. She’s a liar and a shill. She’s already dead to conservatives.
What a loser Haley is, yes they ARE talking about Mitt’s tax returns. She’s a liar and a shill. She’s already dead to conservatives.
I wish that I had never voted for Nikki. What a scumbag she is. She’d better hope that rumnuts wins and gives her a job, because I believe that she’s finished here.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.