Skip to comments.Ten Things To Set The Conversation Straight About Guns
Posted on 07/25/2012 6:39:30 PM PDT by marktwain
Jim Pontillo, the president of FMK Firearms, just called me. Jims first words were Did you watch OReilly last night? I had and I listened to some statements that were just flat out misinformed. There are too many uninformed opinions out there and Im here to set the record straight on a few things.
1. Show me all these places that are selling fully automatic AK-47s and putting them on the streets. Seriously, I would like to know where they are located.
2. The thing that holds rounds and inserts into a gun is called a magazine. Its not a clip.
3. Automatics are guns that when the trigger is depressed the gun fires until empty. Semi-automatic guns fire once when the trigger is pulled. Calling for controls on automatic weapons means you just dont know what you are talking about because they are already tightly controlled.
4. Switzerland is loaded with citizens who own guns legally. Chicago is one big gun ban zone. Guess which one has all the gun crime?
5. People dont have bazookas, mortars, grenade throwers or heavy artillery and you cant just walk into a gun show and buy them.
6. Ill decide what is suitable for my defensive situations. I really dont need anyone telling me what they think I need to defend my patch or person.
7. Using the term assault weapon should land you an assault boot in your ass.
8. Banning guns simply increases the victim pool. Those that want your guns banned are saying that they would rather you be the victim than be the victim themselves.
9. Common sense gun control is often offered by people with no common sense, no knowledge of self-defense or people that are protected by someone elses gun.
10. You dont want to own a gun and that is fine. When someone breaks into your house yelling Im calling the police is the same as yelling Im calling someone that has a gun. Remember, cops carry guns to protect themselves as do the majority of Americans. No gun owner is pleased about innocent death.
Yep he really demonstrated himself absolutely factually clueless on this issue. In addition, he is so arrogantly emotionally hysteric he refused to listen to his guest when the guest tried to correct his rabid hysteric ignorance. Why anyone watches this blowhard egomaniac moron is beyond me.
I know enough about guns to know Bill OReilly knows nothing about guns.
As I watched his show I was screaming at the tv screen. He really showed what a dumbass he is.
So I guess congress are idiots because they haven't passed a law to track a term he made up and he doesn't know the meaning of?
Just watching out for the folks...
What's the problem?
Why are more civilians killed each year than LEOs?
RE: #10. People think Cops carry guns to protect the Public.
Cops carry guns to protect themselves, just as every Free Citizen has a God Given Right to do.
Bill O’ lives inside a paper sack. Very few in the media have any conceptual understanding of firearms. The most abused word used today is assault weapon. I would bet that very few people in the media could properly identify an actual assault weapon. As described in the article in order for a firearm to be classified “assault weapon” it must have a selector switch (M-16’s the military cousin of the AR-15 has a selector switch) and depending on the firearm could fire full auto, or possibly 3 round burst with 1 pull of the trigger or single shot. M-14’s (most) magazine fed were either full auto or single depending on selector switch position. Most M-16’s magazine fed today are single or 3 round burst selectable. There are very few firearms that use clips, the M-1 Garand used clips and was semiautomatic only.
Did you watch OReilly last night?
O’Reilley has drunk deeply of the Josh Suggarman kool aide.
Violence Policy Center Director
“Assault weapons... are a new topic. The weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.”
-Josh Sugarmann, “Assault Weapons: Analysis, New Research and Legislation”, March 1989
“The NRA is right...handgun controls do little to stop criminals from obtaining handguns.”
-Josh Sugarman, former communications director for the Coalition Against Gun Violence
Remember, cops carry guns to protect themselves as do the majority of Americans.Sadly, that's not the case. I think what he meant was:
...as do the majority of Americans who carry guns.
“Assault weapons... are a new topic. The weapons menacing looks, coupled with the publics confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.
Looks like a machine gun, menacing, semi-automatic assault weapon (oxy moron statement). Anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun, again another moronic statement. Semi-automatic versus selectable rate of fire changes the classification of the firearm....Come on morons get it right or keep your fly trap closed.
If people want to send a message to O’Bloviator in Chief Bill O’Reilly it is very simple: Don’t buy his books.
Hollering at him won’t help because he doesn’t care what you think and he went to Harvard. Besides he’d never hear you over his own hollering. And he won’t read your e-mail because he’s got people for that, and besides, email is for pinheads...
He’s become a hysterical old lady..
He’s become a hysterical old lady..
11. Because I carry a gun does not mean that I am obligated to protect you — that’s your concern, protect yourself.
Because the average citizen is not aware of danger or trained to handle it as a part of his/her general education; nor armed to defend oneself.
If some crazy individual were to ever indiscriminately spray rounds in my vicinity, I’d rather they were firing full auto. More likely to miss my central nervous parts and give me a chance to get away. ;-)
Yes he has... and worse... much worse. My greatest hope is that his viewers decline and Fox cans him. They have no loyalty and neither does bill o’bunghole.