Skip to comments.5 Reasons "Negro Spotting" At The Republican National Convention Is Stupid
Posted on 08/31/2012 5:06:31 AM PDT by Kaslin
Have you heard of "Negro Spotting?" It's a liberal game on Twitter. Libs see a black person at the Republican National Convention and they laugh and laugh at the hilarity! Why, there aren't a lot of black people there! That must mean Republicans are racist! Ha, ha, ha! This actually tells you a lot about how liberals think -- or more accurately, don't think.
1) "Negro Spotting" is a sign of how little racism the Left can find: Most liberals believe deep down in their bleeding hearts that conservatives are evil, bigoted racists! Yet, there's no racist rhetoric coming from the stage at the Republican National Convention. Worse yet, from their perspective, is the vast number of minority speakers. Among others, Tim Scott, Mia Love, Lucé Vela Fortuño, Brian Sandoval, Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley, Artur Davis, Francisco Canseco, Ricky Gill, Sher Valenzuela, Luis Fortuño, Susana Martinez, and Marco Rubio were able to speak. Percentage-wise, there may be more minorities speaking at the Republican National Convention than at the Democratic National Convention. Yet, since liberals can't admit the obvious truth, that the Republican Party isn't even remotely racist, they have to invent ever more ludicrous phony examples of "racism" to keep the cognitive dissonance from shaking their puny little minds apart. So, they claim that words like Chicago are racist dog whistles and the fact that there aren't a lot of black Americans attending the RNC, which is hardly a surprise given that 90% of black Americans regularly vote for the Democratic Party, is evidence of racism.
2) How white is the Republican National Convention VS. The Occupy Movement And Netroots Nation? I've been to Netroots Nation, which is the biggest independent liberal conference in America, and guess what? It’s pretty white. How white is it? Like a snowstorm in Maine white. Like Grand Ole Opry in Alaska white. Like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man diving into a giant vat of whip cream white. The same could be said for a lot of Occupy rallies. When you consider that 90% of black Americans and roughly 70% of Hispanic Americans vote Democratic, you have to ask why there's no soul searching going on in the Democratic Party. After all, you wouldn't logically expect a lot of black and Hispanic Americans to show up at Tea Party rallies or at the RNC given the racial demographics, but why are the vast numbers of minorities in the Democratic Party shying away from Netroots Nation and the Occupy Movement? Maybe they heard the way that white liberals talk about black conservatives and concluded they wouldn't be welcome there?
3) The fact that libs are reaching this far tells you a lot about Obama's record: If Obama's stimulus had worked and unemployment was 5 1/2 percent, the economy was roaring, Obama had kept his promise to cut deficit spending in half, if he'd secured Medicare instead of taking 718 billion dollars out to fund his unpopular Obamacare plan, if the taxpayers hadn't lost 25 billion dollars on the GM and Chevrolet bailouts, and if Obama had been a successful President instead of a bailout-loving, dictator-bowing, hyper-partisan, far left wing lying machine, we'd never hear the words "Negro Spotting." "Negro Spotting" is what you have to stoop to when you're embarrassed by the terrible performance of your candidate and you want to talk about ANYTHING other than his performance in office. It's like the old saying goes, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullflop."
4) Liberals are myopic when it comes to black Americans: Is it racist to oppose an extension of early voting? Only if you make the racist assumption that black people are too incompetent or irresponsible to make it to the polls in the same period that people from every other race can arrive. Is it racist to ask for voter ID? Only if you make the racist assumption that black Americans are too helpless and dumb to get an ID, just like people from every other race. Also, you'd have to assume that banks, ABC stores, bars, groceries, dance clubs, car rentals, and airports among many other places that require identification are also racist. The same goes for mostly white and black attendance at events. How many white people show up for a Jay Z concert? How many black Americans show up at Comic Con? Does that mean they're racist? Of course, not. Jay Z would love to have 10 times as many white fans showing up because they'd be putting more money in his pocket. Comic Con would undoubtedly feel the same about black Americans. The Republican Party would LOVE to have more black people going to Tea Parties, getting involved in local Republican politics, and showing up at the RNC because it would mean more black Americans would be voting for the GOP. But contrary to what Joe Biden says, Republicans don't want to put anybody in chains; so although black Americans are always welcome at Republican events, we can't force them to attend.
5) Liberals say "Where are the minorities?" at the RNC & then smear, racially demean, & attack every minority who does speak: If you're not a straight, white male, liberals think they own you. So, the moment that conservatives who are black, Hispanic, female, or gay get any sort of attention, liberals try to destroy them to keep them from inspiring others with their example. It's no different with the way the Left reacts to the GOP convention. Liberals yuk it up because they don't see a lot of black Americans in the crowd; then they hurl disgusting abuse at every minority conservative who gets on the stage. Just to name one of many all too typical examples, after Mia Love's speech, her Wikipedia page was edited to say that the deeply religious, married mother of three children is a "'dirty, worthless whore' who sold out to big business,' Fox News observed. 'Another section again called her a 'sell-out' to the 'right wing hate machine,' before accusing her of being exploited 'like the House N—– she truly is.'" Maybe there aren't a lot of black Republicans at the RNC because they're afraid liberals will call them "dirty, worthless whores" or "House N—–" and they're trying to save themselves the abuse.
The libs have pretty much used up any power the race card once had.
There were more black people per capita at the republican convention than there are in the democrats senate majority.
There was also a good bit of Asian and Hispanic spotting, not to mention weeping women and very young kids
There would probably be more “negroes” at the convention if they knew they wouldn’t be ridiculed and ostracized by liberals and other blacks who pile on at the libs’ command. This “game” is case in point. And are libs actually using the word “negro” for this game of theirs?
I always thought that was stupid at the tea parties as well.
You see a black man there, and everyone is taking pictures of him like he’s some kind of anomoly.
We need to ignore, nay, jeer and laugh at the left’s consistent race baiting. Call them out on it.
When they play the race card, call it for what it is - an admission that they can’t argue the issue.
When they frame everything in race terms, call it what it is - racist.
Racism is when 92% of one race vote for a President based on the color of his skin.
Here's an example of fear inducing all whiteness
How many white members of congress are from majority black districts? None.
How many majority black counties have white presidents? None.
The lib party has quotas for the composition of its attendees.
agreed, I’m sick and tired of this crap by the left always looking at religion, color etc.
It’s easy to find negroes when you are looking in the slave quarters. So! Expect to see lots of them at the DNC Convention.
Unlike how Obama places white people behind him at campaign events!!!!!
It’s easy to find negroes when you are looking in the slave quarters. So! Expect to see lots of them at the DNC.
Pitting groups against each other is where they derive their power. Their worldview doesn’t allow them to look at the world in any other way.
They see groups in constant conflict with each other.
We see individuals, and judge individuals based on their “fruit”, or their behaviors and attitudes.
Borrowing from Rush; What do you call people obsessed with race?
Conservatives say, “This is what we believe. We think our policies are better for all segments of society. If you agree then join us by all means.” Dems think every segment of society deserves some kind of policy assuaging their narrow interests. We are for principle. They are for graft.
They kind of forget that Lincoln guy and the Civil War thingy...
But not 96%, so they're safe.
Seriously, the only people that I hear talking about race on a constant basis are the Lefties and their minions in the Lamestream Media and Hollyweird. Their obsession with it speaks to a very deep problem that they have - namely, that THEY are the racists.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.