Skip to comments.Libyan Leader: Embassy Attack Unrelated to Islam Video
Posted on 09/26/2012 1:56:25 PM PDT by Eleutheria5
The anti-Islam film that is being used as an excuse for violent protests in many countries had "nothing to do with" a deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi earlier this month, Libya's leader told NBC News.
This assertion flies in the face of the view expressed by President Barack Obama, that the attack was part of a reaction to "The Innocence of Muslims" video. Obama hinted at this view again Wednesday in his speech at the UN General Assembly.
In an exclusive interview with NBC News' Ann Curry, Mohammed Magariaf who is president of Libya's National Assembly and de facto leader noted that the assault happened on Sept. 11 and that the video had been available for months before that.
"Reaction should have been, if it was genuine, should have been six months earlier. So it was postponed until the 11th of September," he said. "They chose this date, 11th of September to carry a certain message."
Magariaf said there were no protesters at the site before the attack, which he noted had two waves: in the first, rocket-propelled grenades were fired at the consulate, and in the second, mortars were fired at a safe house.
Magariaf told Curry that the accuracy of the assault leads him to believe the attackers had training and experience using the weapons.
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
Blaming the attacks on our embassies and the subsequent deaths of our ambassador and three other Americans is nothing less than a Cover Your A** by Obongo!!!!!!!!!
How far have we fallen when the Libyan President has more credibility than our own President?
Syria is doing a lot of apologizing, and is cracking down on the whackjobs running around in their country. Maybe they know that they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place if the SHTF between Israel and Iran, or, they’re trying to distance themselves from whatever scheme obama and hillary concocted to create a ready-made crisis to exploit.
Wow! Hey, nbc, gonna’ hafta’ $hit-can that interview, real quick, eh?
"The intelligence source said no protests were happening before the attackers struck at about 9:35 p.m. local time last Tuesday. The account backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.