Skip to comments.GREAT TRUTHS ( ESPECIALLY APPLIES THIS EVENING)
Posted on 02/12/2013 3:04:39 PM PST by woofie
1. In my many years I have come to a
conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm,
and three or more is a congress.
-- John Adams
2. If you don't read the newspaper
you are uninformed, if you do
read the newspaper you are
misinformed. -- Mark Twain
3. Suppose you were an idiot. And
suppose you were a member of
Congress. But then I repeat
myself. -- Mark Twain
4. I contend that for a nation to try to
tax itself into prosperity is like a
man standing in a bucket and
trying to lift himself up by the
handle. --Winston Churchill
5. A government which robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on
the support of Paul. -- George
6. A liberal is someone who feels a
great debt to his fellow man,
which debt he proposes to pay off
with your money. -- G. Gordon
7. Democracy must be something
more than two wolves and a sheep
voting on what to have for
dinner. --James Bovard, Civil
8. Foreign aid might be defined as a
transfer of money from poor
people in rich countries to rich
people in poor countries.
-- Douglas Case
Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University.
9. Giving money and power to
government is like giving whiskey
and car keys to teenage boys.
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
10. Government is the great fiction,
through which everybody
endeavors to live at the expense
of everybody else. -- Frederic
Bastiat, French economist (1801-1850)
11. Government's view of the
economy could be summed up
in a few short phrases: If it
moves, tax it. If it keeps
moving, regulate it. And if it
stops moving, subsidize it.
-- Ronald Reagan (1986)
12. I don't make jokes. I just watch
the government and report the
facts. -- Will Rogers
13. If you think health care is
expensive now, wait until you
see what it costs when it's free!
-- P. J. O'Rourke
14. In general, the art of government
consists of taking as much
money as possible from one
party of the citizens to give to
the other. --Voltaire (1764)
15. Just because you do not take an
interest in politics doesn't mean
politics won't take an interest
in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)
16. No man's life, liberty, or
property is safe while the
legislature is in session.
-- Mark Twain (1866)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 17. Talk is cheap, except when
Congress does it. -- Anonymous
18. The government is like a baby's
alimentary canal, with a happy
appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other.
-- Ronald Reagan
19. The inherent vice of capitalism is
the unequal sharing of the
blessings. The inherent blessing
of socialism is the equal sharing
of misery. -- Winston Churchill
20. The only difference between a
tax man and a taxidermist is that
the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-- Mark Twain
21. The ultimate result of shielding
men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English
22. There is no distinctly Native
American criminal class, save
Congress. -- Mark Twain
23. What this country needs are
more unemployed politicians
24. A government big enough to give
you everything you want, is
strong enough to take everything
you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
25. We hang the petty thieves and
appoint the great ones to public
office. -- Aesop
FIVE BEST SENTENCES
1. You cannot legislate the poor into
prosperity, by legislating the
wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without
working for, another person must
work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to
anybody anything that the
government does not first take
from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by
5. When half of the people get the
idea that they do not have to
work, because the other half is
going to take care of them, and
when the other half gets the idea
that it does no good to work
because somebody else is going to
get what they work for, that is the
beginning of the end of any nation.
Well done, thank you for the quotes.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.