Skip to comments.Senators fight cuts to veteran benefits ahead of key budget test vote
Posted on 12/17/2013 6:11:47 AM PST by SkyPilotEdited on 12/17/2013 6:12:35 AM PST by Admin Moderator. [history]
click here to read article
God bless Sessions for trying so hard and speaking out for our Veterans.
I heard Jeff Sessions on Mark Levin’s program...he’s well liked by Mark. He is a good man and a Conservative.
It isn’t borderline, IT IS CRIMINAL. And what do We the People do with criminals who are a threat to us? More to the point, WHEN will We the People do what we must about the criminals in our government and how they’re destroying our county b/4 our eyes? WHEN?
It seems our Government is determined to give free money to those who have never earned and dont deserve it it as opposed to following through commitments on taking care of those who have earned the right through their sacrifice to our country.
This is what moral national breakdown looks like. Country? What country? It’s all about getting what’s theirs before it all implodes.
Hope they all burn in hell — the whole lot of them.
MORE GOP TREACHERY HERE: http://bit.ly/1bdqNLs
This is indeed another sad day in the life of this once great nation. Once again, the communist/progressives in our nation’s government are dissing the very people who fought and bled for it, while rewarding the thiefs and robbers they call “undocumented aliens,” but who in fact law breakers and a very real threat to the continued prosperity of the USA.
I believe it is time to fire every single one of these politicians...
But I am not going to hold my breath...Everyone believes their guy/gal to be near perfect, and not worth losing because of one measly little vote...
I have a friend that has been going to the VA for 20 or so years, mainly for lupus he developed. He seems to think a lot of it, which surprises me, since it is a classic socialist medical system. What do you think?
Start with welfare to Israel. Congress TRIPLED aid to them over what Obama and the State Department requested, whilst slashing the Veterans’ benefits.
I thought conservatives were supposed to be for reduction in spending across the board. As soon as a ‘cut’, aka reduction in future rate of spending - which can be changed at a moment’s notice by a future Congress - hits a group favored by conservatives, the protests begin.
Pensions for all public employees are paid by non-public workers. Why should a non-government worker work for 35-40 years to pay someone else to retire in 20 years.
I speak about fire fighters, police, and our military retirees, who may look forward to 50 years of retirement checks.
Not sustainable. Adjustments must be made.
“The Stupid Party”? I think it is safe to say Paul Ryan can kiss any aspirations for higher office goodbye. It still would be interesting to know how many members of the Ryan family served in uniform. The same goes for Burr in NC.
My father had the best Blue Cross coverage and he preferred the VA. The ones in the Boston area (and I speak only through family/friends experience) are quite well thought of.
Paul Ryan needs to switch parties.
Simple way to fund the government. 1% Wall Street sales tax on all transactions over and above a $5 million exemption. Abolish the income tax. This would generate trillions in revenue, reduce the poisonous high frequency trading, and make the true systemic controller’s finance the general welfare of the citizens of this republic. Until you begin to dismantle the global, privately-held central banking system that enslaves us all at different levels (private, local, national, and supra-national) of chattel debt slavery, all else is cheap talk and wishful thing. Neo-feudalism is slamming down an iron curtain on the globe.
In many things, I am to the right of Attila The Hun, but with the VA (at least the ones in Las Vegas), I think that this type of socialized medicine is fine.
Cases in point (outside the VA, stories are anecdotal for the most part).
1) They have signs up stating that if you aren't called within 15 minutes of your scheduled time, come to the front desk.
2) When you show up, you are given a numbered ticket, which will be displayed in a marquee over a sectioned-off booth within minutes. Show 'em your VA card and you are handed a sheet of personal info and medications used, and are asked if there's any changes. (Wife has to bring down a sheet listing all her meds each time.) Then you are called within the 15 minutes - usually less. In my visit there last week I was called before my time. Three days later, with my wife's doc, we had to wait almost an hour past her appointment.
3) Any time the VA doc prescribes a new/changed medicine, they give you a sheet of all the known side effects. Those outside the system have to ask and rarely get a printout.
4) Same with blood tests. The VA has a deal with a local hospital, so I don't have to travel 160 miles round trip. When I see the doc, she hands me the results for my files.
5) This last trip the doc said I needed another EKG. I went to the next room and in five minutes the tech came in and took the test. Same with X-Rays, in about 15 minutes. Private practice users are sent to another doctor days later for the same tests, generating another $250 office visit charge. I pay $50 for an office visit, plus $9 for each prescription. I could go to Wal-Mart at $4 a pop, but I don't want to mess with a system that, for me anyway, works like a champ.
Now God forbid, the doc tells me not to make any long-range investments and I have to go for weekly dialysis or monthly chemo, I might opt out of the VA due to the distance involved. However, I have this Theory on Immortality, and so far, it's working. :-)
That’s why we keep voting him in. Jeff Sessions, has in the past, voted for “bad” legislation, as has every member of the Senate. But, when push came to shove Sen Sessions has actually LISTENED to the people who put him in office, and he’s making us proud now.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.