Skip to comments.Robert Reich: The 3 biggest myths plaguing the U.S. economy
Posted on 03/12/2015 1:33:02 AM PDT by Cincinatus' Wife
1. The job creators are CEOs, corporations, and the rich, whose taxes must be low in order to induce them to create more jobs. Rubbish. The real job creators are the vast middle class and the poor, whose spending induces businesses to create jobs. Which is why raising the minimum wage, extending overtime protection, enlarging the Earned Income Tax Credit, and reducing middle-class taxes are all necessary.
2. The critical choice is between the free market or government. Baloney. The free market doesnt exist in nature. Its created and enforced by government. And all the ongoing decisions about how its organized what gets patent protection and for how long (the human genome?), who can declare bankruptcy (corporations? homeowners? student debtors?), what contracts are fraudulent (insider trading?) or coercive (predatory loans? mandatory arbitration?), and how much market power is excessive (Comcast and Time Warner?) depend on government.
3. We should worry most about the size of government. Wrong. We should worry about who government is for. When big money from giant corporations and Wall Street inundate our politics, all decisions relating to #1 and #2 above become rigged against average working Americans.
Please take a look at our video, and share.
“Robert Reich said” should be, to borrow from the Germans - - “Also Spracheras Giftzwerg”.
PS “Giftzwerg” translate to “Poison dwarf”.
True. Just the name Reich signals a barf warning! :)
Propaganda at its most obvious.
“The free market doesnt exist in nature. Its created and enforced by government.”
Not origial with Reich, and he should say so.
This is a central tenet of Marxism/Leninism, which seems to be Reich’s economic philosophy of choice.
Reich.. that dwarf should be drawn and quartered..
You know, this moron has been spewing his bilge for decades now and I have honestly never seen him get it right a single time, not even a minor detail. What an utter communist fool. I’m surprised that someone so breathtakingly incompetent doesn’t hold a high position in Aitch’s cabinet....
Rush is right!
A small mind in a small body. Who values this old Clinton lap dog’s discredited opinion on anything?
1) the poor “induce” businesses to create jobs, but they do not force businesses to create jobs. It is the businesses, run by business CEOs, that create and fund jobs.
2). The government DOES NOT create the market. And how does a government go about “enforcing” freedom. All a government can do is either respect freedom, or encroach on it.
3) No, Robert, you are wrong. The size of government does matter and ours is too big and too intrusive (see
.. #2, above)
And the proof is that California and Illinois are far outpacing Texas economically. Right, little man?
Sleazy, fast-talking snake-oil pitchman. Never was anything else.
Fortunately, when he commits his poison to the printed page, he can’t snow the reader with his high-speed babble.
His main point: the elite planner government overlords make better decisions for the good than do free people; shut up and get in line, peasant.
So, if workers create jobs by spending money, where do inventions like automobiles and lightbulbs come from?
"Green" investment in research [at universities]?
Oh, I guess not.
He took time away from representing the Lollipop Guild to spew his commie nonsense.
This sawed-off wienie must think he’s still talking to undergraduates. News flash, we saw what you’re all about when a buffoon put you into appointed office. Now just go away and shut up.
what will reich be when he grows up......
show me one place in the world where communism works to the benefit of the masss.....
it is a all fairey tales and utopian make believe....
the ivory tower commies have caused more death and destruciton than any other force in the world but the young and stupid keep believin the bs and drinkin the kool aid...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.