Skip to comments.Reasons for Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration(Catholic Caucus)
Posted on 09/26/2011 5:27:38 AM PDT by stfassisi
1. Transformation: Just as the soft rays of the sun melt ice, so the sweet rays of grace of the Son of God melt icy hearts (Fr. Rob Garvey).
2. Conversions: Fr. Charles Fanelli, pastor of St. John Vianney Parish in Northlake, IL reported that Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration in his parish directly produced both a steady influx of non-Catholics from the area into the parish RCIA program and a visible, practical spiritual growth among the parishioners.
3. Mass: Mass attendance [in my diocese] has increased noticeably on Sunday, as well as during the week, as many have come back to the Sacraments as a result of Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration (Most Rev. Ruben T. Profugo, Bishop of Lucena, Philippines).
4. Protection: Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration has made my diocese safe from the violence that previously threatened to tear it apart. Both the priests and the laity credit Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration for protecting the diocese from the reign of communism and for bringing about peace and order (Most Rev. Ruben T. Profugo, Bishop of Lucena).
5. Reformation: We had prostitution and drugs being sold right out in front of our church. When we took on Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, this all stopped. When our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament is exposed on the altar, crime leaves that area. I am convinced of that (Fr. James Swenson, St. Bridget Catholic Church, Las Vegas, NV).
6. Retold: Every hour you spend with Jesus will be recorded in heaven and retold throughout eternity (Bl. Mother Teresa).
7. Vocations: Bishop John Magee of Cloyne, Ireland reports that vocations to the priesthood in his diocese have tripled since he started Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration in his diocese.
8. Vocations: It was not until 1973, when we began our daily Holy Hour that our community started to grow and blossom (Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta).
9. Holiness: There is nothing more consoling on earth [than Eucharistic Adoration], nothing more efficacious for advancing along the road of holiness (Mysterium Fidei).
10. Gods Gift of Love: The Holy Eucharist is the continuation of the Incarnation of The Word on earth. It is the prolongation of His Presence in the world. It is the literal fulfillment of His words: Behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world. It is the fulfillment of His name: Emmanuel, God is with us.
11. Love for love: Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is an expression of our love for Jesus, Who loves us so much that He never wants to leave us and so stays with us night and day in the Blessed Sacrament. Through Perpetual Adoration we answer Jesus--love for Love. This is the ongoing mission of St. Therese who said that her mission is to make God loved.
12. Proclamation: St. John the Baptist cried out: Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. By inviting people to Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration, the pastor of souls, like John, is proclaiming to the people: Behold the Lamb of God Who is worthy to receive unceasing honor, glory and praise (Rev 5:12-13).
13. Abortion: If people spent one hour per week in Eucharistic Adoration, abortion would be ended (Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta).
14. Social conscience: The worship paid to the Divine Eucharist strongly impels the soul to cultivate a social love by which the common good is given preference over the good of the individual (Mysterium Fidei).
15. Affirmation: Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is an appreciation of our faith, of the gift of the Living Presence of Christ among us, and acknowledgment of our total dependency on Him Who says: I am the vine and you are the branches; whoever remains in union with Me will bear much fruit, for without Me you can do nothing (Jn 15:5).
16. Peace Plan: Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is Our Ladys Peace Plan. I am absolutely certain that through Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration, peace will come to our country and the whole world. When we do on earth what is done in heaven, adore God perpetually, then there will be a new heaven and a new earth. The only name, the only power, the only love that will bring everlasting peace on the face of the earth, is The Name and The Power, and The Love of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (Rt. Rev. Msgr. Josefino S. Ramirez,
Vice General and Chancellor, Archdiocese of Manila).
17. Marys mission: Moreover, on Calvary, men had become her children; she loved them with all the tenderness of a mother, and wanted their sovereign good as much as her own. That is why she was so eager to make Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament known to all, to enkindle all hearts with His love, to see them all bound and chained at His loving service, to group them into a Eucharistic Guard of Honor, a court of faithful and devoted adorers. To obtain that grace, Mary carried out a perpetual mission of prayer and of penance in the presence of the Most Holy and Adorable Eucharist, pleading for the salvation of a world redeemed by Divine Blood and, in her boundless zeal, including the needs of the faithful of every age and place who would ever share in the heritage of the Divine Eucharist (St. Peter Julian Eymard).
18. Our mission: This is your mission, o adorers: to weep at the feet of Jesus despised by His own friends, crucified in so many hearts, abandoned in so many places; to console the Heart of so tender a Father, Whom the devil, His enemy, has robbed of His children. A Eucharistic prisoner, He can no longer go after His lost sheep, the prey of ravenous wolves. Your mission is to beg forgiveness for the guilty; to ransom them from Divine Mercy, which needs willing hearts as substitutes; to become victims of propitiation with the Savior Jesus, Who, no longer able to suffer since His resurrection will suffer in you and through you (St. Peter Julian Eymard).
19. Our vocation: St. Therese said, My vocation is love, and this is the vocation of all adorers. Through Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration we respond to the call of Jesus to watch one hour with Him. Each Holy Hour we make touches Christs Heart and releases a new outpouring of His Love upon the world.
20. A Little Piece of Heaven: Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is a bit of heaven on earth because in Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Jesus is continuously adored by the faithful here on earth, just as He is adored by the angels and saints in heaven.
I hastily concede that there are many benefits to adoration. But they are only "reasons to adore" in a loose sense of "reason."
When I was young and thought I was called to the priesthood in the Episcopal Church I often cautioned myself, "Do not confuse the gifts with the Giver. Do not prefer the gifts to the Giver."
A sunset gives me nothing, yet I invite my friends to share it with me because it is (so to speak) in itself worthy of praise. So with our Lord, only a thousand-fold and more.
There. That's enough preachiness for one day. And He IS profligate with his gifts.
Thanks for your input,dear friend
It’s an anointing presence! Praise be to God!!
We should adore and worship The Lord, because He deserves it.
Reasons for Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration(Catholic Caucus)
'We Are a Church On Fire': Eucharistic Adoration Transforms Acushnet Parish
Eucharistic Adoration [for college students nationwide]
Pray Unceasingly: Perpetual Adoration as a Necessary Antidote to Abortion
[CATHOLIC CAUCUS] There is water here (Eucharistic Adoration)
Eucharistic Adoration is Life Changing
Here is Christ! (Daily Holy Hour) [Catholic Caucus]
Letter to a Brother Priest [on Eucharistic adoration]
NDs McBrien: Eucharistic Adoration is a...spiritual step backward (Catholic Caucus)
Adoration with no end: 24-hour Eucharistic ritual returns to Boston [Catholic Caucus]
Kansas parish opens adoration chapel
Perpetual adoration returns to Boston after 40 year absence [Catholic Caucus]
I Fall To My Knees (A Reflection on Eucharistic Adoration)
A Chinese Girl-True Story That Inspired Bishop Fulton Sheen- Eucharist Adoration (Catholic Caucus)
Eucharistic Adoration increases prayer, vocations in Uganda(Catholic Caucus)
Faithful Invited to Follow Pope, Adore Eucharist [Catholic Caucus]
Catholic Caucus: The Hour That Makes My Day | Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
A Shepherd Speaks (Eucharistic Adoration) -- Bishop Edward J. Slattery [Catholic Caucus]
Why Eucharistic Adoration?(Catholic/Orthodox Caucus)
The Core of Monasticism Is Adoration [Catholic Caucus](Homily of Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday
Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration: a Parish's Fuel
The History of Eucharistic Adoration Development of Doctrine in the Catholic Church
The Cease-Fire of Prayer and Fasting
Eucharistic Adoration: The Early Years
Catholic Meditation and Devotion: The Holy Hour
Spend Some Time With Jesus Tonight...
The Eucharistic Mystery Calls For Our Response
Pope Backs Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration
Eucharistic adoration is key, but also has drawbacks, bishops say
Eucharistic adoration: Intimacy with Christ
The Gaze [Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament]
St. Francis of Assisi and Eucharistic Adoration
Ancient Roman Catholic ritual making a comeback in Minnesota
Adoration for Vocations to be Promoted Worldwide
POPE GRANTS PLENARY INDULGENCE FOR YEAR OF THE EUCHARIST
New Plenary Indulgence to Mark Year of the Eucharist
The Adoration of the Name of Jesus (El Greco)
Adoration Tally Presented to Pope by Vocation.com
In The Presence Of The Lord
2.2 Million hours of prayer, and counting
Eucharistic Adoration or Abortion?
Bishop Calls for Perpetual Adoration of Eucharist
What I learned From a Muslim about Eucharistic Adoration
Along with the “Conscience” one above...
Longer lines at the Confessional!
What a blessed problem to have — our priest had to add Reconciliation hours.