Skip to comments.Mormons VS Epic Black Guy
Posted on 12/31/2013 8:04:02 AM PST by Anton.Rutter
Mormon missionaries on bicycles decide to proselytize the WRONG man...
He was actually pretty good
The Mormons didnt know what to do
His arguments left them speachless. I betr they even question their faith after this. He made them confess that The Bible was the truth and questioned if The Book of Mormon was so good it was better than The Bible, or if The Bible needed ‘help’ from The Book of Mormon.
And the best part was when he said they don’t believe in Jesus, they believe in Joseph Smith...
I don’t fault The Mormons for trying to do good, but this argument is the correct one- They focus on Jospeh Smith and The Book of Mormon rather than Jesus
This was funny. I bet they thought he was easy pickings, then by the end, ran away like scolded puppies. Bravo to this man.
Two white guys approaching a BIG black guy with lots of bling...stupidity OR courage?
Well, I’ll give them credit. Dressed as they were, I would have feared getting robbed, especially at night.
How many years did you spend in the Mormon Church to form the opinion that the Mormons focus on Smith more than Jesus?
I spent 18 years across 4 states and we didnt worship Smith, we didnt sing about him, and we sure as hell didnt pray to him. Church of Jesus Christ... not Church of Joseph Smith...
Why even bother trying to tear down another religion? Do you not respect what this country was founded on? Does freedom of religion mean nothing to you? Is yours not good enough? Are your own views on religion so weak you must prop it up by attempting to destroy another? I had to listen to this crap on a daily basis from Southern Baptists. Their arrogance and hatred was their calling card to the world. I had no choice which church I attended growing up yet that didnt stop the Baptists from their relentless persecution. How Christ-like to harass another. How Christ-like to slander. In the end, they were jealous because they didnt measure up. They were alcoholics, drug addicts, and perverts that thought their path to the kingdom of heaven was secured with one or two days a week of church and the slandering of other religions. Young life was a total joke where kids went to do drugs and have sex behind their parents backs. Never once did I feel attacked by any other sect of Christianity or from Jews.
I am not Mormon anymore nor do I follow any organized religion. I left the Church, all churches, over a decade ago and I never looked back. Articles like this remind me I made the right choice.
That dude wuz awesome!!!
Elder Price sure got his panties I meet a wad and both punks demonstrated their absolute arrogance.
They even resorted to sneaky attempt at dominating the conversation they
Here’s what I saw: The white guys were trying to have a civil discussion. The had an opinion. The black guy definitely had an opinion and wasn’t afraid to show it. But at some point he crossed a line. He became rude and even somewhat hostile toward them. He even refused to shake their hands. His arrogance was overwhelming. The message he was trying to communicate was overshadowed and diminished by his arrogance and his boasting.
I wanted to hug him. I guess you would have grabbed your nine.
I could only understand a very few words but i don,t think any kid who is not yet dry behind the ears need to argue with any black guy who knows the Bible and likes to talk about it.
But i am Leary because the cameras were there waiting for the Bicycles.
Several years ago two young Mormon men came to my door to proselytize. I told them in no uncertain terms that their religion was utter nonsense and that Jesus didn’t need any help from a fraud like Joseph Smith. They were enraged and stormed away from my door shouting, “We’ll see, we’ll just see!”
C’mon did you watch the video?
That right there was some good ol spiritual judo.
Besides, why are you complaining?
LDS sends 50,000 kids to the MTC each year with the express and explicit purpose to run around tell the rest of us we are wrong.
Hell, I heard that plenty of times from friends who are LDS.
LDS by its very existence is antithetical and hostile to all “Dark Religions”, Whore’s of Babylon and Apostates” and even “They are all wrong” religions.
We have nothing in common with each other.
Even though most Christians think LDS is simply another denomination within the body of Christ, fact is, LDS says “Hell No!!!”.
So on one side we have a religion that somewhat educates missionaries on the main doctrines they will run into and him to undermine that belief system on a persons front door step or at their kitchen table. On the other are Christians who know nothing of LDS doctrine and beliefs, yet pray with them not understanding we are not brothers and sisters in Christ.
Wow, that was worth watching.
No, I wouldn't.
Good news :)
You'll note that their contact listened for a while at first; and then asked questions; and then did a lot of talking.
The Lds missionaries did their normal planned plug (sorry, NOT a "discussion" technique; it's an indoctrination technique taught to them), then couldn't answer his questions in any kind of thoughtful manner, and then when he tried to have his say, he finally had to tell them that to "overtalk" (talk over him) wasn't a good "discussion" technique.
Then, when they saw that he wasn't a "gullible," they did what I've seen DOZENs of Lds missionaries do, they attempt to "move on." Anybody not seen as spiritually vulnerable, isn't worth their time for a "discussion."
Discussion? Really, Douglas? (You're pathetic if you think can "bill" this as either a "discussion" attempt; or that Lds Missionaries in general aim for that). Now, there's been some Lds missionaries who run counter to that -- and have actually entered into discussions with me -- but that's not 90% of them.
In all those years as a Mormon you never sang “Praise to the Man?”
I don’t believe you. I spent 40 years as a Mormon and we sang it at least 6 times a year, often many times more than that.
You claim you worshiped Jesus Christ and I believe your claim - I thought I did too. ..but in all my years as a Mormon I had never heard of the Jesus Christ who IS God, who offers his grace though the atonement to pay for every sin to give you His Kingdom. Not the same Christ at all. Maybe you need to hear about the REAL Christ.
did you watch the video?
The video was the ONLY thing I was addressing, not The Mormons in general, except where I actualy said I admired them for trying to do good
Years ago I was sitting on my porch in Florida when a sedan drove and dropped off two young girls, about 18, who approached me with pamphlets in their hands. It was the Attack of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
I asked them if they were "witnessing" and of course they said "yes". I was in a playful mood, so I asked them if they had ever heard of "The 12th Planet". Again, of course they said "no" (like most cults they are very insular and nothing outside of their circle exists).
I went on to explain about aliens inseminating apes and creating mankind, etc., and as I expounded, their eyes got wider and wider. Of a sudden, one of 'em says "We have to go now." and the two of them high-tailed it out of there. They didn't even leave the pamphlets. Later on, when I saw a Simpson's episode where the teacher tosses Bart out of some upscale school, he says, "Careful children, he might change form!", these two came to mind. I bet they had a Helluva can-you-top-this story to tell the congregation.
1. evoking or expressing pity, sympathy, etc
2. distressingly inadequate: the old man sat huddled in front of a pathetic fire.
3. Brit ludicrously or contemptibly uninteresting or worthless: the standard of goalkeeping in amateur football today is pathetic.
4. of or affecting the feelings
5. pathetic sentiments
Which of these definitions are you applying to me for expressing an opinion about the demeanor or attitude of a person in a video?
Isn’t the LDS the church that also baptizes people who have died (and never asked them to)?
Now...since you accused this black man of being "hostile"...
Please define "hostility" and then try to convince the rest of us (since we all can see the same clip) how he was "hostile."
Go ahead. Show us.
If this man was "hostile," then these missionaries must have "cowered" in fear in response...
But that didn't happen, did it?
He finally cut off the conversation. He made it clear that their pitching of the Book of Mormon was no longer welcome...and then he turned his back on them...he didn't menacingly advance toward them in ANY way!
Sorry Douglas...you just false-witnessed & slandered him to be something he wasn't.
Empty Coffee can conversions....
Wow....just wow...enjoy the rest of your day.
Apparently the black guy heard about mormon doctrine and that black skin was the mark of Cain, a punishment...doesn’t take much research to find that the LDS church was, for many years holding an official position that blacks were inferior.
Better get some thicker skin boys...
Stephen Frye was invited to a Mormon museum of early Utah settlement while he was in Utah. After the tour guide went through the museum, she started to tell them about the beliefs of the Mormons. She mentioned that they believe that families are reunited after death, and stay together forever.
Stephen Frye asked “What happens to you if you are good?”
He noted later that it was apparently designed to attract women who had lost children to disease, or to growing up. The idea that you would like to be together with every crazy uncle or dingbat aunt all through eternity is pretty odd.
Actually, quite a few mormons think Cain is Bigfoot.
I’m not joking.
The history of the mormons caries two decisive stains:
1. The Mountain Meadows massacre in 1857, of folks on their way from Arkansas to California, through mormon territory.
2. Brigham Young Declares War on the United States of America - 1857
In effect, the titular head of the mormon church declared war on a Christian nation.
Looking through the spectacles I wear in 2013, I could equate the mormons, who seek the death, via war, of Americans, as do those that embrace Mohammedanism and Sharia Law!
Thank you for posting this. I loved the quoting of scripture.
That's based on the statements of David W. Patten, one of the original Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
He claimed that in 1835 he encountered the Biblical Cain in Paris, Tennessee. Patten wrote:
"He walked along beside me for about two miles. His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark."
Former LDS President Spencer W. Kimball recounted the tale in 1969 on pp. 127-128 of his popular book, The Miracle of Forgiveness
In 1980, a number of sightings new South Weber were attributed to Bigfoot.
You’re welcome, he made me smile. Good seeing a strong man in this pajama-boy world.
(I’ll betcha this narrative makes for a good campfire story @ night with some ‘Scouts)
. . . So I buried him as the contract was in a narrow grave and deep,
And there hes waiting the Great Clean-up, when the Judgment sluice-heads sweep;
And I smoke my pipe and I meditate in the light of the Midnight Sun,
And sometimes I wonder if they was, the awful things I done.
And as I sit and the parson talks, expounding of the Law,
I often think of poor old Bill and how hard he was to saw.
“Isnt the LDS the church that also baptizes people who have died (and never asked them to)?”
Why yes it is. The have baptized Anne Frank, Adolf Hitler, Pope John Paul II (6 times-he was Catholic so it didn’t take the first 5 times I guess) and numerous Jewish victims of the Holocaust.
(The Hindus weren't happy of learning of the Mormons "mormonizing" Ghandi...Here's an article last year from the India Times:)
Now, Mormon church in US baptises Gandhi
Per the article: "In the email, Radkey, who is from Salt Lake City, said she viewed the record on baptism of Gandhi on February 16 but it had since disappeared and was no longer available in the database of the church. It was unusual for a record to vanish, said Radkey, who of late has been in news because of bringing out in the public similar unknown facts and secrets of the Mormon Church. "I have not come across other Indian leaders baptised by Mormons. My copies of the Gandhi record are dated February 16, 2012. The record disappeared shortly after that date. I assume Mormons did not want others to know about Gandhi's baptism," she said.
Mormon "PRism" cover-up @ work...Their whole religion is an occultic cover-up (using the word "occultic" in its literal meaning...Latin for "that which is hidden")
Thanks for posting this thread.
is this from a few years ago ???
He is good if its the one
He even refused to shake their hands
Oh yes the Mormon hand shaking ritual test..
it goes like this...
Mormons believe that if the guy is the devil they will feel bones in his hands..
If not then he is not the devil..
without touching them he proved he was of the God they never had met ...
“Why even bother trying to tear down another religion?”
Since you’re not a Christian, it’s impossible for you to even understand.
Full disclosure: Douglas is a member of the UCG, an offshoot cult of Armstrong. They believe in the “God family,” that they, through keeping the Old Testament feasts, the sabbath, dietary laws, receiving the laying on of hands by their ministers, will get the chance to become a God of their own planet by entering into the “God family.”
By a resurrection, we become born God personages personages just as our God the Father and Christ the Son! We shall have the entire universe put beneath our feet (Hebrews 2:8). (Herbert Armstrong, The Plain Truth (September 1980): 40)
IOW, Douglas’ opinions are most likely colored in that he’s a member of a religion that is not very different from the LDS to begin with.
Just a peeve about something I observed in the vid upon watching it again...
Sure wish the MTC would teach or at least ensure their folks know how to properly adjust and wear those bike helmets...also teach them how to maintain their bikes as well. I’ve helped the mishies around here with very basic stuff, like fixing a flat.
Can’t stand to see bike riders like the one in the vid who clearly does not have his helmet adjusted properly.
Might as well be wearing a colander for all the good it’s going to do.
So good, I watched it twice and book marked it.
2. Brigham Young Declares War on the United States of America - 1857
In effect, the titular head of the mormon church declared war on a Christian nation.
Sally Dentons 2003 book entitled: American Massacre: The Tragedy at Mountain Meadows, September 1857 (Vintage Books, division from Random House):
...small guerilla forces on swift horses and under the direction of Danite chiefs William Hickman and Porter Rockwell began harassing the army. Setting fire to the governments wagons and stampeding its cattle herds, the Avenging Angels created havoc for the already demoralized American troops. On October 3 the Danites burned Fort Bridger, then set fire to the grass surrounding the army post, threatening the survival of the governments grazing lifestock. On October 5, fourty-four Danites raided an army supply train, burning the seventy-five wagons loaded with three thousand pounds of desperately needed bacon, coffee, flour, ham, and other foodstuffs, and running off fourteen hundred head of the armys cattle. The army troops moved two miles away and from the smoldering Fort Bridger established a new camp, which they named for the armys commanding general, Winfield Scott. (Sally Denton, p. 168)
(The Danites were just another name for Mormon guerrillas, terrorists)
They succeeded in killing Joseph, but he had finished his work.He was a servant of God, and gave us the Book of Mormon.He said the Bible was right in the main, but, through the translators and others, many precious portions were suppressed, and several other portions were wrongly translated; and now his testimony is in force, for he has sealed it with his blood.As I have frequently told them, no man in this dispensation will enter the courts of heaven, without the approbation of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jun.Who has made this so?Have I?Have this people?Have the world?No; but the Lord Jehovah has decreed it.If I ever pass into the heavenly courts, it will be by the consent of the Prophet Joseph.If you ever pass through the gates into the Holy City, you will do so upon his certificate that you are worthy to pass.Can you pass without his inspection?No; neither can any person in this dispensation, which is the dispensation of the fulness of times.In this generation, and in all the generations that are to come, everyone will have to undergo the scrutiny of this Prophet.They say that they killed Joseph, and they will yet come with their hats under their arms and bend to him; but what good will it do them, unless they repent?They can come in a certain way and find favor, but will they?
--JOURNAL OF DISCOURSES, vol. 8, p. 224
How Christ-like to harass another.
How Christ-like to slander.
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.
Matthew 231. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2. "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5. "Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7. they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.'
8. "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you will be your servant.
12. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?
18. You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.'
19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.
22. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30. And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
38. Look, your house is left to you desolate.
39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
26. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
27. "First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."