Skip to comments.Why Is Media Allowing Joe Biden to Lie About Drunk Driver Killing His First Wife?
Posted on 09/21/2008 6:39:19 AM PDT by Mobile Vulgus
Along with the claim that Joe Biden had a "blue-collar" upbringing -- he had a decidedly upper class (though not "rich") childhood -- Joe Biden has for years claimed that his first wife and his daughter were killed by a "drunk driver" in 1972. However, closer examination of the records proves that the man driving the truck that slammed into the Biden family car was never charged with drunken driving. So, why has the media allowed this perception that Biden lost his wife to a drunk driver to persist?
As late as 2007 Biden said that the man who was involved in the fatal crash that killed his wife and daughter was a "guy who allegedly ... drank his lunch" before he got behind the wheel of his truck and in 2001 the TV show Inside Edition aired a tape of Biden saying the truck driver "stopped to drink instead of drive." Additionally, several media outlets have included the drunk driver claim in their bios of the Senator from Delaware.
This drunk driving accusation, though, is simply a Biden creation and every time this claim is uttered it pains the family of the poor, maligned man involved in the tragic accident with Biden's family, truck driver Curtis C. Dunn. Gannett owned DelewareOnline reports the anguish that Biden's continued lie causes the man's family every time it is uttered....
Read the rest at Publiusforum.com...
Of course. Why even bring it up?
1) He is a dim
2) He is a ranking dim
3) He is a dim
4) He is a dim
5) He is a dim
6) He is a white dim running as VP with a black dim
You do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. It is because he is a Rat so the media lets lies slide by.
The TRUTH and JOE BIDEN are strangers . . .
Come on, let’s talk about the important issues. Like how much did Sarah Palin’s tanning bed cost.
Want proof?? Biden NEVER SUED!!! He could have sued the man AND his company and Biden is a LAWYER.....HE DIDN"T SUE because he wouldn't have a case!!
BIDEN IS A LIAR.
You are being far too kind to bidenfraud.
why must you keep asking why? the MSMholes want Obie elected. no lie, fabrication, distortion or ommission is off limits.
I am familiar with the intersection where this happened (it now has a light), and the reason that he didn't pursue it is because he knows that his wife was at fault.
For those young'uns who think 1972 was the "dark ages", yes there were toxicology tests run in those days, particularly in a fatal accident.
The state police would have investigated this accident more thoroughly than most because of who was involved.
Yes, I feel so sorry for the truck driver's family. Too bad they didn't sue Biden at the time.
Perpetrating this lie shows the true character of the vp nominee.
Keep beating the topic, maybe someone will “have too” report on it eventually, like with Rather's lies where they too wanted to suppress it.
This is one issue we could waste alot of time on and look foolish in the end.
There are plenty of better (or worse) things to pin him on.
C’mon, guys. Drop this one. It will turn sour on us.
Don’t be ridiculous. The man LIED about the incident. We are not saying anything about his wife, man!
The media slimes have some nerve going over Palin’s life with a fine tooth comb while letting all of Biden’s lies and other problems go. Yet I don’t doubt this is part of their strategy. Everyone knows it’s a lie but who can say anything about it? If McCain or Palin were to bring it up they would be accused of making a vicious personal attack. The Dems know they can lie and get away with it. I am just thinking how sad that the current Mrs Biden and their children go along with the big lie.
Maybe they could reach a deal though. Biden comes out and admits his lie while “reaching out” to the other side by condemning Saturday Night Live for doing a skit talking about incest in the Palin family. Like that would ever happen.
This is why he is/has been allowed to lie about the circumstances time and again. The tragedy of what happened, his wife and daughter die, the young boys seriously injured, is bad enough, engenders plenty of sympathy. So why does Biden feel is necessary to impugn Dunn, imply him a drunk with the "drinks his lunch" stuff, only to have those of us who didn't know the details at the time, live outside that area, discover that the investigator found not only was there no evidence of alcohol/culpability on Dunn's part, but that in fact, the accident was caused by the late Mrs. Biden herself?
Biden is the one who should not be making an issue of this, using the tragedy after 9/11 as he did, repeating his lies during his primary. How does this help him, when it calls not only his character but his very honor into question??
I lived in Newark, DE when the accident happened. All news reports said she pulled out in front of the truck. He could not avoid hitting her.
I heard Joe Biden say the man that killed his wife and daughter drank his lunch instead of eating it.
The truck driver died, I believe last year, at about 74. He never got over the accident. According to his daughter he was tormented by memories of what happened. He was a good man.
I wish Joe Biden would get the message and stop.
Wilmington loves the Bidens and I doubt they would print anything against him.
The police and judge involved in the case said booze wasn’t involved! Now you make this claim that “well, he could have had a .09 breathalyser”
Do you HONESTLY think that the cops wouldn’t go after a guy who had been drunk when he killed a congressman’s wife?
- Time pressure to be first. Half baked stories get broadcast all the time.
- Willing to deal with bad guys to be exclusive. Perfect example, CNN suppressed the murder of their own Iraq staff so they could stay in Baghdad as the “exclusive” US news agency there under Saddam.
- Powerful liberal bias and championing near any liberal cause from ecology to socialist agenda's or political candidates.
- Little repercussions for libel and slander in general. Most who are wronged simply stay quiet and let in blow over. The litmus test and standards to prove libel/slander are high and the news often even knowingly publishes stuff they know is wrong. Some simply accept the occasional legal suit as "operating expenses."
- No real professional licenses or certification processes where journalists can have their certifications revoked for illegal or unethical behavior.
- Spill over from foreign state run medias (propaganda in the real sense of its meaning). The media typically feeds on each other and they often literally take the talking points of foreign government agencies, rephrase them, and publish them.
- Journalists who are often not knowledgeable on the topic they are writing about. They often come, stay a short time, write their little story and leave, never really being a SME on the topic niether by education nor experience.
- Highly compartmental media which knowingly caters to certain niche groups they often don't even try to be neutral or objective anymore. They know their audience and pander to them, telling them what they want to hear, not what is; Al Jazziere is simply an Arab version of this phenomena, MSNBC is a liberal US, Der Spiegel an ultra liberal German, and FOX a slightly conservative US version.
- A highly competitive market place means they have to stand out from the crowd and this makes them look for conflict and sensationalize things, they stay superficial and move fast glossing over many topics, never really devoting more than say 2 minutes on any single topic. Things with pictures make the news, important stories without pictures get bumped. That's why a story about a crotch shot of Britney Spears made national news for days; famous person, sexual, pictures, the perfect mix.
Thank God for spell-check. So while it's 90% trash we get from our awesome news, at least it's grammatically correct and presented to me in super saturated colors and by a babble-head that looks pretty and professional, talking real clear and fast. The news media is a bad toy packaged in a real pretty box. They epitomize the adage of all form, no function. If I had to grade the news in this country I'd give them a "D."
It is incredibly irresponsible of you to claim the truck driver was actually drinking and got off on a technicality and then make the excuse that you didn’t even read the article. Get your act together or don’t post here!
sometimes the end comes sooner than we anticipated. ;)
I was about ready to slap you around ;-)
I agree that the MSM should be pursuing this. This lie that has been told repeatedly by Biden goes the heart of his (lack of) character.
But instead of taking Biden to task they’d rather pursue Sarah Palin and her family.
And to call him a “tractor-trailer guy” is so condescending.
Biden’s objective is to focus attention on the drunk driving conviction of Sarah’s husband 20 years ago.
Can someone put this info into WIKIPEDIA??
A tiger is a tiger; a snake is a snake; a lying scumbag politician is a lying scumbag politician; and the sycophantic biased in-the-tank media are the sycophantic biased in-the-tank media.
We just have to deal with it, and spread the truth by the ever-expanding means available to us.