Skip to comments.Catholics, Get Ready to Suffer
Posted on 02/01/2012 3:38:01 PM PST by NYer
I remember coloring in the lions on the paper my Catechism teacher had handed out. The lions in the coliseum were approaching a group of huddled Catholics.
My CCD teacher asked us if we too were willing to suffer for our faith the way the martyrs of old did? I remember looking at those cartoon lions and deciding that yes, I very much had the stuff to stare down a cartoon lion. Easy.
But it’s easy to answer in the affirmative when we’re talking about cartoon lions. It’s different when we’re talking real life. Real lions have teeth.
And make no mistake, real life is what we’re talking now. We have a government that mandates what pro-life counselors must say. We have a government now that mandates that Catholic institutions pay for things it considers sinful. We have a government that now says the cost of being an American is to abandon Catholicism.
Bishop Fabian W. Bruskewitz of Lincoln, Nebraska in response to the Obama administration’s contraception mandate said, “We cannot and will not comply with this unjust decree. Like the martyrs of old, we must be prepared to accept suffering which could include heavy fines and imprisonment.”
This scares me but it’s true.
Now is the time when decisions must be made by Catholic college presidents and hospital administrators and the heads of all sorts of Catholic institutions. Should I do what the government tells me or what the Church tells me is right? Some whom we have great hope for will choose poorly. Some will stand up unexpectedly and refuse to comply with the government. And they will pay a price for being Catholic.
We’re no longer talking about the slippery slope here. We’ve walked off a cliff. We’re in free fall.
(Excerpt) Read more at ncregister.com ...
No trouble supporting that.
There is more than a bit of a problem on FR, however.
A fair number of RC’s hereon
appear to be
bound and determined to:
1. change FR into more than an APPARENTLY Vatican installed and managed outpost—into one where RC heresies, dogmas, customs, doctrines of men, doctrines of demons, daffynitions, rubberized history, rubberized Bibles, sensibilities etc rule the day in every way 24/7 in all respects.
2. They are used to !!!DEMANDING!!! such and getting away with layers more of such hideousness than any Proddy would dare imagine even if we were inclined toward such junk—thankfully, we usually and wholesale aren’t. Amazing unity on that score on our side.
3. They are used to posting threads with outrageously baiting titles seemingly designed to shove a red hot poker into every Proddy eye that sees them.
4. They seem to exalt in posting threads and titles of threads which strike Proddys as outrageously blasphemous TO GOD. Then they love to wail, whine, rant and dogpile the abuse button when Proddys have a predictable response.
5. They exclaim DEMANDINGLY of RC sensibilities and historical/hysterical, theological hogwash in the most ABSOLUTIST, AUTHORITARIAN terms from the most HAUGHTY OF HEIGHTS and then wail loudly, sit on the abuse button and throw dust in the air about how abused they are when Proddys dare to point out a shred of their hideousness on such scores.
6. They seem to have a SPECIAL EXALTED IN, RELIGIOUS DUTY OF OBLIGATION to demonstrate and parade the thinnest of skins possible and the bleeding heart wailing that seems calculatedly designed to accompany such instant shrieking from a hyper-thin-skinned perspective and emotionality.
7. Then, if some Proddy writes anything that can at all be construed in the most twisted of fashions to be something to shriek about, the shrieking chorus begins in 24/7 shifts.
8. A lot of times, if I didn’t presume better, I’d think that a bunch of 2 year olds in some nunnery somewhere had by some miracle learned to type and post without ever maturing past the chronic-wailing stages.
9. Throw in an overworked volunteer RM and some mods who seem to cater to the RC sensibilities and perspectives and it can be a rather discouraging mess on the best of days.
10. For Proddys and our perspective to have any potent visibility in the town square of FR at all, we have to speak up pretty forcefully and persistently IN SPITE OF the hideousness of the RC’s.
11. Yet, when we do, their shrillness and outrageousness only increases. The only thing they are happy with is when they manage to silence us through some hook or crook or we take a vacation or fast FR.
12. Some of us are not willing to concede the playing field to them anywhere near that degree. Lurkers deserve to have a potent representation of the Proddy perspective, too.
13. Sometimes we are forceful in our writings because that seems to be the only language the rabid RC types understand. It’s the only thing that seems to cause them to pause a bit or adjust their blood dripping fangs a bit or think maybe twice before posting such chronic venom.
14. I don’t have a solution. Wish I did. It’s been more than a little disheartening to disgusting to outrageously affrontive to any sensibilities about God whatsoever—for a long time.
I agree with your goal. I don’t know how to get there—all things considered.
One can only hope.......
This controversey just blew up about a week or so...a lot of us will be there!
Where is the gospel of your salvation in that statement? It's the gospel that saves. And it's not there. So what good is the creed if you don't have salvation as THE POINT of Christianity? You're not a Christian if you're not saved. You're not saved if you believe that creed makes you a Christian.
Most Proddys get on quite well the the
It’s the rabid clique types that drive us to distractions.
Where is “there” exactly? Any Catholic hospital/care center?
A question for Catholics: Catholic sisters (at least the ones in my area) seem extremely feminist to the point of seeming anti-Pope, where do they stand in all of this?
I guess I meant “there” in terms of any publicised protest or event where Catholics have requested help from all interested parties, Protestant et al. This is an existential threat to religious freedom in this nation and one that can not be allowed by any spiritually minded person.
They'll never, ever, not in a million years, catch up with the fantasies some people put out ABOUT my religion.
God has put a beautiful feast in front of men in the form of the Catholic faith, but so many people spit in his face, tell him it's garbage, and pat themselves on their backs for how "faithful" they are.
It's truly sad. It reminds me of a time when a Man (who was more than a man) preached peace and forgiveness, healed the sick, and raised the dead. For his trouble, the righteous "true believers" of his day declared him to be doing the work of Satan, spat on him, and had unbelievers beat him savagely and nail him to a cross.
This is a Catholic priest dying for his faith. An instant after this picture was taken, bullets ripped into his chest. His name is Fr. Miguel Pro.
His last words were (he is Mexican) "Viva Cristo Rey!" ("Long live Christ the King!") Martyrdom to him isn't something imagined at the hands of an imaginary and utterly fanciful "end times" fusion of Catholicism and Islam (impossible!) but a completely real event received at the hands of Masonic socialists in 1927. There were tens or hundreds of millions of Catholic and Orthodox believers like him in the last century.
This is Bishop Theodore Romzha, Greek-Catholic bishop of a place called Mukachevo, now in Ukraine. He was riding in a horse-draw wagon in 1947. Soviet soldiers deliberately rammed the wagon with a truck, then beat him savagely. While he was in the hospital recovering, a "nurse" gave him a fatal injection on the orders of the local commissar, a man you may have heard of named Nikita Khrushchev. Martyrdom to Bishop Romzha isn't something imagined at the hands of an imaginary and utterly fanciful "end times" fusion of Catholicism and Islam (impossible!) but a completely real event received at the hands of Soviet communists.
You can talk to them about any bizarre ideas you have about the Catholic faith cooperating with antichrist. They've faced down real antichrists in person. As I say, you can talk to them about it, in heaven ... if you make it.
I didn’t say it was just Israel. I said it was focused on the Nation of Israel. How do you think that non-Jews will be saved during the tribulation? They will go through Israel. He will bless those that bless them and curse those who curse them. Israel will be a Nation of Priests to all the nations during the Kingdom Reign of Christ. The middle wall of partition that separated Jews from Gentiles has been removed during this age of grace. But it will be back up during the tribulation. The nations will be judged on how they treated Israel.
James 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believeand shudder!
Intellectual assent is not saving faith.
But not ONE WORD about the REASON He was crucified, died, was buried and rose again. The WHOLE GOSPEL is MISSING.
Lazarus died, was buried and rose again. That doesn't mean he died FOR OUR SINS.
What is missing is the one thing that cannot be missing: FOR OUR SINS.
Just a mistake? An overlook on their part? You tell me...
“I dont have a solution. Wish I did. Its been more than a little disheartening to disgusting to outrageously affrontive to any sensibilities about God whatsoeverfor a long time.”
I have been finding that when folks get outrageously assaultive...pointing out their hiding behind a pseudonym when they say things like that as being cowardly tends to change the tenor of the conversation. It’s why i post openly under my name...wrinkles and all. Any correction I need is also out in the open(ouch!!!), but good for the soul. I understand the reason for some to need a pseudonym and it does provide some cover for those who are learning to find their voice in public discourse. As for me, pseudonym or not... spook types, et’s or what have you, I figure, already have my IP in their “targets’...so as a freeper...pseudonymmed or not, I’m screwed anyway when the first ‘round ups’ occur!
As I reminded another, ‘detractor’ recently...Paul didn’t preach under an alias such as BlindedByTheLight777 when he climbed Mars hill!(I hope you get the funny in the aforementioned “psuedo” pseudonym).
You may call Michael or Mike if you prefer, in the future!
Praise God they were faithful unto martyrdom.
unto their Ashteroth-Mary-Goddess caricatured personage
the Vatican Institution!
Else their martyrdom may have been in vain.
I’d be happy and honored to march with the RC’s in behalf of that issue.
Probably not next to those who have only daggers out for me.
Congratulations, you have just refuted the entire rational for the Protestant Reformation. Perhaps you are not as far away form home as you think.
I understand . . . given the death & violence and harrassment threats—some of which have reached alarmingly close . . . and a Muslim ‘prayer location’ just a bit down the road . . . it’s only wisdom, for me.
I certainly have no delusions about hiding anything from the powers that be.