Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

They Called - 911 - We Answered - Prayer Thread
Sueann, Registered, LBGA | 11-30-01 | Sueann

Posted on 11/30/2001 6:03:23 PM PST by Sueann

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against you can prosper

Isaiah 41:10 - Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God,
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

Psalm 91 (Amp). He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuse and my fortress, my God on Him I can lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust. For then He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. Then He will cover you and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge. His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that fly by day; Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you. Because you have made the Lord your refuge and the Most High your dwelling place, there shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.

Adam G. - USN
whoever - Son

Eddie A. - USMC
Sueann - Brother in law

Jody E. - USMC
Sueann - Nephew

Frank P. - USA Resv.
Time.com

Greg - USN
mjaneangels - Brother

Tyler B. - US Army
LBGA - Son

TOPICS: Announcements; Foreign Affairs; Front Page News
KEYWORDS: dailyprayer
This thread is the culmination of several things. First of all, a Freeper suggested the heading graphic. As I read his description, it set things in motion. If you are that Freeper, please Freepmail me so we can give you proper credit. Of course, all of you recognize the author of the actual graphic - our own Registered. And ... last but certainly not least, our own LBGA who has volunteered to assist me in getting this thread launched.

When I first heard the graphic described, it reminded me of something we did in our church during Desert Storm. We made a large sign-up sheet and pinned it to a wall of the sanctuary. Everyone who had family members being called to the war were invited to place the name of their loved ones on the sign-up sheet. It didn't take long for the list to be filled. Everyday we had prayer at the church, and everyday we prayed for those on the -list. EVERYONE ON THAT LIST RETURNED HOME SAFE. Although this is a different war. I believe GOD is still in the protection business, if you're willing to activate your faith for it.

The rules are: No last names, no location (either their base or where they have been shipped), and no rank. These restrictions are important because they might give signals we certainly do not want to give the enemy. The names will be listed in alphabetical order. Please be sure you include the first initial of the last name.

If you are a lurker here and you would like your family member included, you can e-mail me at sawooldridge@earthlink.net. However, I would prefer you Freepmail me - so that means you should sign in and get a Freeper name.

This thread is to allow Freepers to have a place to focus their prayers for their loved ones.

1 posted on 11/30/2001 6:03:23 PM PST by Sueann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Sueann
Amen. When we pray, our enemies don't have a prayer against us.
2 posted on 11/30/2001 6:14:40 PM PST by Russell Scott
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

What a wonderful idea!! These men and women call ALL use our prayers. I loved when Rummy was in Fayetteville visiting he told the soldiers that when the President dials 911 it rings in Fayetteville!!
3 posted on 11/30/2001 6:23:32 PM PST by SuziQ

To: SuziQ
Thanks!
4 posted on 11/30/2001 8:12:04 PM PST by Sueann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Russell Scott
Outsiders do not understand our foundation. You are so right - because we pray, we will always be successful.
5 posted on 11/30/2001 8:15:26 PM PST by Sueann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

What a lovely tribute.God Bless and protect them, and look upon their families with grace.
6 posted on 11/30/2001 8:17:58 PM PST by habs4ever
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: 68-69TonkinGulfYatchClub; Weirdad
Prayer Bump!!

Wonderful graphic, BTW........

7 posted on 11/30/2001 8:22:09 PM PST by Peace4EarthNow

To: Sueann; whoever; LBGA; Registered; dandelion; Snow Bunny; Billie; Alamo-Girl; All
They Called - 911 - We Answered - Prayer Thread Added To USO Canteen Post Office

The USO Canteen Post Office

E-Mail Our Military Links
To enter, Click on the Mailbox.

CLICK HERE: FOR UP-TO-DATE SET OF MILITARY& VETS SUPPORT LINKS
8 posted on 11/30/2001 10:06:18 PM PST by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

To: 68-69TonkinGulfYatchClub
bump!
9 posted on 11/30/2001 10:30:05 PM PST by Alamo-Girl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Sueann; *Daily Prayer
"Lift up your eyes and look about you: All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the arm."

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your glorious promises which we can claim for our loved ones and friends. Extend Your arm of protection to all our servicemen and women. Protect our pilots and crews in the air, and our people on the ground, that not one hair on their heads be harmed as they labor to bring to justice those responsible for murdering thousands in the WTC, Pentagon, and Pennsylvania. Bless them and give them victory after victory, Mighty God, and return each of these beloved soldiers home to their families and friends without delay. Keep all from temptation, and bring each heart to You. Encourage and sustain their families, and fill their hearts with the assurance that You love and care for all who are far from them as a result of this war. Thank You Father!

10 posted on 12/01/2001 6:32:12 AM PST by LeeMcCoy

To: LeeMcCoy
Can I have the scripture reference for what you quoted??

Thank you so much for the prayer. It is especially thoughtful and mindful of those that our military leave behind.

11 posted on 12/01/2001 1:30:55 PM PST by Sueann
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Thank you so much - I appreciate all your help.
12 posted on 12/01/2001 1:32:09 PM PST by Sueann

I apologize for leaving off the reference. Here it is again:

"Lift up your eyes and look about you: All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar,
and your daughters are carried on the arm." (Isaiah 60:4)

13 posted on 12/01/2001 4:42:33 PM PST by LeeMcCoy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

You the man Tonkin!!

Eaker

14 posted on 12/01/2001 4:57:07 PM PST by Eaker

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson