Skip to comments.The Seven Cruelest Types of Torture Ever Devised
Posted on 05/31/2018 6:39:46 AM PDT by C19fan
Torture has been around as long as human beings have and some of the devices used have become legendary. The rack, the iron maiden, thumb screws none of them are very pleasant. However, when youre talking about torture, there are some cruelties that stand out beyond all others.
1. Scaphism AKA the Boats AKA the Tub The Persians were big fans of a gruesome torture method that began by binding the person in place. Depending upon the method, either the head, hands and feet, or just the head was sticking out of the boat and/or tub the person was confined in. At this point, the victim was then covered with and fed copious amounts of milk and honey. This caused all sorts of flies, beetles, worms and bugs to feast on the exposed flesh. The massive amount of milk and honey consumed also caused the victim to defecate, which led to hungry swarms of maggots and other biting creatures feeding on his body. Death by this method could take more than two weeks.
(Excerpt) Read more at pjmedia.com ...
8. Having to listen to CNN in the airport.
Grammar Nazis posting on FR.
Left out being forced to listen to a Hillary speech/whine.
Hillary trying to tell a joke, should have been top of the list.
Funny enough, I can tune that stuff right out. I went through the Air Force survival school and they blasted all kinds of music loudly at us for several hours. Best sleep I got the entire time I was there.
Let me emphasize what you said: Any history fan who hasnt listened to Dan Carlins Hardcore History podcasts is missing out. The episode youre referring to is called Painfotainment. The boats torture is discussed in the three part masterpiece King of Kings. A number of episodes are free, including those Ive mentioned. Others are available for pay on iTunes.
Mr Carlin has added shorter podcasts on another iTunes feed. He discussed which German army was better: the WW I Imperial Army or the Wehrmacht.
I have one thing to say to you... Yoko.
9. Your call is important to us. Please hold for the next available operator...
Hey, my post said they blasted music... ;-P
There he had a bed, in which he invited every passer-by to spend the night, and where he set to work on them with his smith's hammer, to stretch them to fit. In later tellings, if the guest proved too tall, Procrustes would amputate the excess length; nobody ever fitted the bed exactly.
 Procrustes continued his reign of terror until he was captured by Theseus, travelling to Athens along the sacred way, who "fitted" Procrustes to his own bed:
9. Having to listen to Wan Williams on the Five.
Then there is having to listen to Obama give a speech.
I find myself absent-mindedly singing or whistling these tunes all the time now. And I am 70.
It is torture. :-)
9. Having to listen to Obamas continual dribble.
Waiting on a picture of Helen Thomas.....3......2......1....
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.