Skip to comments.The Benghazi Debacle Is About To Go Into Full Cover-Up Mode Today…
Posted on 11/16/2012 1:09:07 PM PST by Ernest_at_the_Beach
if what Eli Lake at the Daily Beast reports is true.
When the CIAs acting director, Michael Morell, testifies Thursday before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, he is expected to say that the agency never requested Europe-based special operations teams, specialized Marine platoons, or armed drones on the night of the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi, Libya, according to a senior U.S. intelligence official.
The disclosure may put an end to one line of inquiry into the Benghazi affair about why reinforcements from the region were not sent on the night of the attack. Assistance from the U.S. military was critical, and we got what we requested, the senior U.S. intelligence official said.
According to a Pentagon timeline made public last week, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta prepared multiple military responses from the region at around midnight Benghazi time, more than two hours after the initial assault began. Those orders included mobilizing two special Marine platoons known as Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team (FAST) from Rota, Spain, to deploy to Tripoli and Benghazi. Panetta also ordered a special operations force, training in central Europe, to deploy at the Signonella Airbase in Italy. Another special operations team based in the United States also prepared to deploy to Libya.
The CIA, however, requested none of that assistance. Neither did the State Department. None of those teams ever arrived in Benghazi.
This is directly contradictory to Jennifer Griffins reporting at Fox News. Griffin has multiple sources who were on the ground in Benghazi feeding her the claim that the team at the CIA annex asked repeatedly for backup.
(Excerpt) Read more at thehayride.com ...
It is a really serious question....
Anyone wanting on or off this ping list, please advise.
He's in C
Was obama doing his evening prayers?
Petraeus had to go....not because of the sexy thing....but because he wouldn''t support the Line: CIA never requested Military help
Not very likely at all. There is a reason why AP is reporting that the Kellye sisters visited the WH three times, blah blah blah.....
They are banking on the salacious nature of the General Officers' Sex scandal trumping anything so trivial as a conflict in what the WH is reporting about events long past (in their mind and now whose accusations by the opposition are being blasted as racist against that poor black woman Rice)..
I was wondering why AP was actually investigating the connection to the girls, but now I know...they're running blocking for the real problem.
I am perfectly prepared to believe that “the agency” did not formally request help.
It was the two guys fighting it out on the ground who were calling for help.
They were ignored.
No one in Washington needed to bother with filing and then denying a formal request. A written request might look bad the day after, when the cleanup crew is hauling the bodies out of Fort Apache. A quiet phone call was all that was needed.
@EliLake: One of my mentors scoops me on Benghazi. Obama’s PDB on 9-14 said it #benghazi was terrorism http://www.washingtonguardian.com/what-obama-knew-benghazi
But he DID support it first time around. So what changed his mind? Pressure from inside his own ranks?
B.S! It is impossible for the POTUS NOT to know something like that is going down. Its not even like it was a 15 minute thing and done, the battle lasted for 7 HOURS!
What could be in it for them to do that?
Conundrum: Whom do I believe, Jennifer Griffin or Daily Beast?
My guess is that they were threatening to expose the affair if he did not testify in a way helpful to the Admin. He said no deal and leaked the affair himself.
Is that the excuse now? Panetta got the forces ready but the CIA and State Dept. didn't request them? So the Sec. Def. can't deploy DoD assets unless an ancillary agency asks him to? ROTFLOL
Only the POTUS had the authority to act!
0bama was notified immediately and automatically when the Benghazi consulate triggered the "Imminent Danger Notification System" alert. He did nothing.
Judge Jeanine Investigates Benghazi Gate Part 4 - 10/20/2012 video 6:53
Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer (U.S. Army ret.), former CIA Station Chief Gary Berntsen and former CIA operative Mike Baker
There are three scandals here...
Denial of requests for security were a dereliction of duty. The lies and misdirection about the "video" after the attack were fraud and malfeasance under the color of authority. The inaction during the attack was something more than that.
The failure to act during the attack is the direct equivalent of desertion IMO.
ONE man had the authority to act that night.
ONE man deserted his post!
0bama abandoned his post. 0bama Is A Deserter!
Three questions for Benghazi-Coward Obama:
1.) Are you HIDING INFORMATION from the US Congress about the Benghazi Massacre?
2.) Have you been LYING to the US Congress, The Media, or the American Public about the Benghazi Massacre?
3.) Were you, as Commander in Chief, GROSSLY NEGLIGENT about your responsibilities to protect and assist those four Americans who subsequently were murdered in the Benghazi Massacre?
BTW, the large cap words were the same as the 3 charges handed down yesterday yo BP for punishment of their Gulf of Mexico underwater blowout, a while back.
Since the US Government is going to hold a company accountable for their poor decisions, then it should hold its CIC accountable his poor decisions, AND use the same legal charges.