Skip to comments.Vatican gay orgy: 12 facts you need to know [Catholic Caucus]
Posted on 07/06/2017 2:16:44 PM PDT by ebb tide
Monsignor Luigi Capozzi (left) is secretary to Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio (center) who is a close collaborator with Pope Francis.
A high-ranking Vatican monsignor who is a secretary to one of Pope Francis closest collaborators was arrested by Vatican police after they caught him hosting a cocaine-fueled homosexual orgy in a building right next to St. Peters Basilica.
Here are 12 facts about the scandal.
1. Vatican police arrested Monsignor Luigi Capozzi, 49, some two months ago during a raid in which he was caught in the act of hosting a cocaine-fueled gay orgy in the former Palace of the Holy Office.
2. Capozzi managed to evade suspicion from Italian police by using a BMW luxury car with license plates of the Holy See, which made him practically immune to stops and searches. This privilege, usually reserved for high-ranking prelates, allowed the monsignor to transport cocaine for his frequent homosexual orgies without being stopped by the Italian police.
MUST READ: High-ranking priest caught in cocaine-fueled gay orgy in Vatican apartment
3. The Vatican-owned building in which the raid happened is currently being used by various high-ranking churchmen, including prefects, presidents, and secretaries to the Roman Curia. Police became suspicious after tenants in the building complained repeatedly about constant comings and goings of visitors to the building during all hours of the night.
4. At the time of the arrest, Capozzi was allegedly so high on cocaine that he was hospitalized for detoxification for a short period in the Pius XI clinic in Rome.
5. Despite Pope Francis promises of transparency and of cleaning up the Curia, not a word about the scandal has been spoken by any Vatican officials. Italian media broke the story last week after receiving inside information.
6. Capozzi was shockingly in the running to become a bishop at his boss Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerios recommendation.
7. Capozzi is bizarrely still listed as an active staff member on the website of the Pontifical Council for the Interpretation of Legal Texts.
8. Capozzi is currently in an undisclosed convent in Italy undergoing a spiritual retreat. There has been no mention of a process of laicization for his transgressions.
9. Capozzis boss is Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio, the Vaticans top canonical official. He is one of Pope Francis closest collaborators and ardent supporters.
MUST READ: Cardinal linked to Vatican gay orgy emphasized positive elements in gay lifestyle
10. Coccopalmerio has spoken publicly about what he has called positive elements" in homosexual relationships. He said that while homosexual relationships are deemed illicit by the Church, Catholic leaders, such as himself, must emphasize the positive realities that he said are present in homosexual relationships.
11. There is speculation that Coccopalmerio knew about the gay orgies and did nothing about them.
12. Coccopalmerio has been in the vanguard of advancing Pope Francis makeover of the Catholic Church. This includes writing a book earlier this year that defended Franciss 2016 Exhortation Amoris Laetitia as allowing civilly-divorced-and-remarried Catholics living in adultery as well as unmarried cohabiting Catholics living in fornication to receive Holy Communion. His book was praised by left-leaning Church leaders, such as Cardinal Blase Cupich, even though it completely contradicted clear Catholic teaching on marriage, the Eucharist, and confession
No doubt the Monsignor was embolden by Bergoglio’s “inclusive” rhetoric. The Roman Catholic Church is morally bankrupt. Reformation, anyone?
Is there ANYTHING the libtards haven’t corrupted?
Malachi Martin alluded to a ceremony he called an “Enthronement” in one of his “fictional” works. He said it took place about the time of the Council. This event is one of its “fruits.”
It’s almost like, they’re trying to get caught.... or something....
is laicization something like de-gayication?
The pope had better turn them over to Italian police pronto!
I’m sure this is the first cocaine fueled gay sex orgy in the entire history of the Vatican.
Question is: did he participate?
“No doubt the Monsignor was embolden by Bergoglios inclusive rhetoric. The Roman Catholic Church is morally bankrupt. Reformation, anyone?”
For all we know gay sex orgies have been common place in the Chuch for centuries. But at least in the one incident, it does not appear the preteen boys were involved.
And that’s a step in the right direction.
Maybe Comrade Pope should consider hiring James Comey as an Independent Investigator. I hear that he is free right now and could really add a high visibility of integrity, independence, and honesty to the public investigation while retaining the coverup behind the scenes.
“And thats a step in the right direction.”
I guess as long as we’re headed in the right direction. In no time, the Roman Catholic Church leadership will be morally upright again!
“Catholic leaders...must emphasize the positive realities that he said are present in homosexual relationships.”
My apologies for the intrusion - as I am not a member of the CC, but I cannot believe the above statement was made in ignorance to the perils of such moral equivalency.
Are we to excuse pederasty, beastiality, and a host of other perverse activities because there can be found positive realities to these relationships?
Vatican official were delighted with the news reports which, as they were eager to point out, had nothing to do with children this time.
You are so correct.
Those will be decided on a perversion-by-perversion basis.
Ping for later.
The more we heard of incidents like this the more I think that Vatican City needs to be MOABed from orbit and the catholic Church re-established somewhere in Poland.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.