Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Trotta: Seal Team Raid Week Before Election?
Fox News Live | 10/14/12

Posted on 10/14/2012 8:52:35 AM PDT by pabianice

Liz Trotta on Fox News Channel. First, wondering why the Coprolite Press is ignoring the disappearance of Hillary since the slaughter of four Americans in the Libyan Consulate. Then surmising that Bill's continued support of Obama is contingent upon no one asking Hillary any embarrassing questions, which the Rancid Media of course honors. Finally, surmising that Obama's October Surprise will be a SEAL team raid in Libya a week or so before the election to bump his support.

TOPICS:
KEYWORDS: benghazi; benghaziattack; benghazicoverup; benghazigate; impeachnow; libya; vanity; waronterror

1 posted on 10/14/2012 8:52:40 AM PDT by pabianice
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: pabianice

I doubt it, Obama is risk adverse to have something go wrong and blow up in his face.

2 posted on 10/14/2012 8:57:50 AM PDT by AU72
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: AU72

Just ask Jimmy Carter how a raid into the Middle East worked out for him.

3 posted on 10/14/2012 9:00:08 AM PDT by SoCal Pubbie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Finally, surmising that Obama's October Surprise will be a SEAL team raid in Libya a week or so before the election to bump his support.

Obama does think so little of the American people, he just might try such a trick. But I have a couple thoughts, which are just as valid as Liz Trotta's.

First, the SEALs might just find the conditions aren't acceptable for such a raid, and they may make an on-the-ground decision to stay put.

Second, the American people aren't so ignorant as to fall for a stunt.

Seriously, Obamugabe is trying to give out fake economic numbers, and the citizenry aren't buying it...so this would be a truly stupid move. Which means the Kenyan Clown will probably do it.

4 posted on 10/14/2012 9:01:34 AM PDT by SoFloFreeper

Wouldn’t change my vote one iota. This scumbag Obama will kill more Americans than 4 in the next 4 years.

His little O appointed rationing boards will see to that.

Maybe we should take over O care for awhile and appoint our hand picked rationing board as payback. LOL It would scare the crap out of them.

just kidding.

5 posted on 10/14/2012 9:01:59 AM PDT by dforest

Newcomb’s paradox.

6 posted on 10/14/2012 9:02:35 AM PDT by Perdogg (Vote like the US Constitution depends on it - it does!!)

I doubt it, Obama is risk adverse to have something go wrong and blow up in his face.

Obama's desperate "October Surprise" has already backfired on him on September 11 in Benghazi...

Obama set it up to take the consulate staff hostage....so he could "negotiate" their release in exchange for the Blind Sheik just before the elections.

7 posted on 10/14/2012 9:06:45 AM PDT by spokeshave (The only people better off today than 4 years ago are the Prisoners at Guantanamo.)

If it happens and something goes wrong, it’ll be Hillary’s fault.

If the seals refuse it’ll be their fault for disobeying an order.

8 posted on 10/14/2012 9:14:30 AM PDT by Terry Mross

To: SoFloFreeper
the American people aren't so ignorant as to fall for a stunt.

The majority have fallen for a 4 year stunt so much they want to make is an 8 year stunt.

9 posted on 10/14/2012 9:14:41 AM PDT by bgill
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: spokeshave

Interesting take.

I guess it doesn’t work when the hostages are all murdered on the initial assault. Of course if you can blame it on a video that nobody in the world has ever seen you could try that. Hell, it worked with a birth certificate.

No, wait a minute, we’ll think of something else.

10 posted on 10/14/2012 9:15:30 AM PDT by eyedigress ((zOld storm chaser from the west)/?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

A “forced raid” could also go spectacularly wrong!
This was not necessarily forced, but Axe & Jarrett should ask Jimmy Carter how Desert One worked out for him! (They run the administration, Zero is there to golf and go on vacation.)
11 posted on 10/14/2012 9:16:12 AM PDT by Reily (l)

To: spokeshave; AU72; pabianice

“I doubt it, Obama is risk adverse to have something go wrong and blow up in his face.”

“Obama’s desperate “October Surprise” has already backfired on him on September 11 in Benghazi...”

“Obama set it up to take the consulate staff hostage....so he could “negotiate” their release in exchange for the Blind Sheik just before the elections.”

I had not heard that take on it, spokeshave. How very interesting and in my view, plausible. Wonder if there is any corroborating evidence we can find to support it.

Hope there are no other “October Surprise Plans B, C, and D” in the offing.

12 posted on 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM PDT by TEXOKIE (Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. EdmondBurke)

Funny. I remember a similar attempt by Carter to look like a man...it didn’t go well then, I seriously doubt it will go well this time, either. That any MORE Americans might lose their lives for the sake of this man’s re-election makes my blood boil.

13 posted on 10/14/2012 9:24:07 AM PDT by 13Sisters76 ("It is amazing how many people mistake a certain hip snideness for sophistication. " Thos. Sowell)

bttt

14 posted on 10/14/2012 9:25:37 AM PDT by angelsonmyside (Someone please send the Loser in Chief a "President For Dummy's" book.)

Your reason for the Benghazi tragedy is one of the best I have read.

15 posted on 10/14/2012 9:30:59 AM PDT by abclily

Obama set it up to take the consulate staff hostage....so he could "negotiate" their release in exchange for the Blind Sheik just before the elections.

I'm ashamed to say that has real credibility ... but then I thought the US had a long standing policy of never negotiating with terrorists or kidnappers

16 posted on 10/14/2012 9:31:29 AM PDT by Elle Bee

Not likely....President Jarret would not approve....

17 posted on 10/14/2012 9:34:12 AM PDT by Popman (November 7th...will be a good day for America..)

To: TEXOKIE
see this earlier thread:

Two seals ruin October Surprise Author ^ | 10/14/2012 | Kozy Posted on Sun Oct 14 08:28:48 2012 by Kozy

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2944654/posts

18 posted on 10/14/2012 9:34:57 AM PDT by spokeshave (The only people better off today than 4 years ago are the Prisoners at Guantanamo.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Elle Bee
...but then I thought the US had a long standing policy of never negotiating with terrorists or kidnappers

That was before the Apology Tour.

19 posted on 10/14/2012 9:36:50 AM PDT by SCalGal (Friends don't let friends donate to H$U$, A$PCA, or PETA.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

If it goes wrong, we will never hear about it. The media would cover it up until after the election.

20 posted on 10/14/2012 9:38:47 AM PDT by chessplayer

Wouldn’t worry so much abot seal team surprises. TSA/BATF raid on GOP, maybe. Or an iranian nuke helpfully placed by Zero’s accomplices in the south.

21 posted on 10/14/2012 9:40:27 AM PDT by Hardraade (http://junipersec.wordpress.com (I will fear no muslim))

WHERE is HILLARY???????? Hello....MEDIA!!!

22 posted on 10/14/2012 9:41:28 AM PDT by Ann Archy ( ABORTION...the HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

To: Elle Bee
Obama meets with Omar Abdel-Rahman (the Blind Sheik for those in Rio Linda) prior to release.

Obama: " OK Abdel-Rahman, I got it all setup...we will take hostages at the Benghazi consulate and later negotiate their release for you"

It's a win- win as I get a big boost before the elections.

Omar: "you may call me Omar"

Obama: "Thanks Omar...and I got you a disguise as those pesky FReepers have an eye out for you"

Omar: "Let me consult with you later on that"

Obama: "I got it covered, what with the FEMA camps and a billion rounds of ammo."

Omar: "Keep up the good work my brother from another mother"

Obama: "And how was the American culture field trip to a noodling competition ?

Omar: ..."I caught an alligator."

23 posted on 10/14/2012 9:41:40 AM PDT by spokeshave (The only people better off today than 4 years ago are the Prisoners at Guantanamo.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

WOW!! You could be right......Obama has promised his fellow Muslims that the Blind Sheik will be released back to them!!

There's an article called Weapons Hunting that put a different spin on it.

24 posted on 10/14/2012 9:45:19 AM PDT by Ann Archy ( ABORTION...the HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

To: SCalGal
you're correct ... I keep forgetting who's in the WH

25 posted on 10/14/2012 9:48:14 AM PDT by Elle Bee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: Ann Archy
Not my Idea...I just repeat what others have previously posted.....

Another pet peeve is that in mention of Fast and Furious...people seem to forget that Federal ICE Agent Jamie Zapata was also killed with Holders weapons.

26 posted on 10/14/2012 9:49:56 AM PDT by spokeshave (The only people better off today than 4 years ago are the Prisoners at Guantanamo.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: Ann Archy; spokeshave
The Benghazi Massacre was a set-up:

"Body Of Lies From Benghazi To Barack"...

"Weapons Hunting - The Reason For The 9-11 Murders In Libya"...

"While The Rest of You Have Been Distracted"...quot;While The Rest of You Have Been Distracted

27 posted on 10/14/2012 9:53:41 AM PDT by carriage_hill (The 0bummer Penguin: I played this country like a harp from hell.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

The Benghazi Massacre was a set-up:

"Body Of Lies From Benghazi To Barack"...

"Weapons Hunting - The Reason For The 9-11 Murders In Libya"...

"While The Rest of You Have Been Distracted"...

28 posted on 10/14/2012 9:54:48 AM PDT by carriage_hill (The 0bummer Penguin: I played this country like a harp from hell.)

To: TEXOKIE; spokeshave; AU72; pabianice; Kozy
Kozy has a very interesting take on it here
29 posted on 10/14/2012 9:57:14 AM PDT by MamaTexan (I am a Person as Created by the Laws of Nature, not a person as created by the laws of Man)

Not my Idea...I just repeat what others have previously posted.....with Sarcasm and Ridicule....

Reflecting back with Sarcasm and Ridicule is from the Alinski play book....nothing like it so infuriates dims and lefties.

30 posted on 10/14/2012 10:00:51 AM PDT by spokeshave (The only people better off today than 4 years ago are the Prisoners at Guantanamo.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Plans are to raid the Romney third debate prep site. Take no prisoners, or witnesses....The Messiah cannot interrupt his golf games to actually prepare for the final battle.

31 posted on 10/14/2012 10:04:59 AM PDT by Gaffer

32 posted on 10/14/2012 10:06:30 AM PDT by Travis McGee (www.EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: carriage_hill

THANKS!!! That “Weapons Hunting” article was JAW DROPPING!!

33 posted on 10/14/2012 10:08:21 AM PDT by Ann Archy ( ABORTION...the HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

He could always lie about it. Like he does 99.9 of everything else.

I don't doubt he'll try to pull off some sham of patriotism to boost his numbers.

34 posted on 10/14/2012 10:11:30 AM PDT by rawcatslyentist ("Behold, I am against you, O arrogant one," Jeremiah 50:31)

To: rawcatslyentist

This is more plausible than lies their spewing out.
Would have timed well with aflecks movie
To show Obama is better than carter.

This probably has their campaign feeling hopeless. Their October surprise backfired and now worse off than if it wasn’t carried out.

35 posted on 10/14/2012 10:16:33 AM PDT by Morris70
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

To: Ann Archy

Hillary is sitting in the GUILTY chair over this utter ambush of our four guys.

Hillary would never throw in with Obama to make him look better other than in advancing his broad themes, to keep her job, but she had the money to secure these guys in the lion’s den and did not, even after pleas over 20 other incidents, and in this emergency.

She is getting Bill to squeeze Obama’s mouth shut in exchange for political peace though Nov 6. IMHO.

36 posted on 10/14/2012 10:18:46 AM PDT by RitaOK ( VIVA CHRISTO REY)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: RitaOK

Somebody or something, like an administration is going to pay for this!!!!

37 posted on 10/14/2012 10:21:26 AM PDT by Ann Archy ( ABORTION...the HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

To: Travis McGee
Yes...Eric Nordstrom said "the Taliban is inside the building"!! WHAT building...the White House with Hussein Obama??....the State Dept. with Hillary and HUMA???...The Pentagon?? The CIA???

WHAT, ERIC....WHO, ERIC?????

38 posted on 10/14/2012 10:25:53 AM PDT by Ann Archy ( ABORTION...the HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

Coprolite Press

LOL.

39 posted on 10/14/2012 10:47:30 AM PDT by Rocky (Obama is pure evil.)

Like it wouldn't be an obvious misuse of the military for political purposes?

Even some Lefties would find it obscene.

40 posted on 10/14/2012 10:53:58 AM PDT by E. Pluribus Unum (Government is the religion of the psychopath.)

To: Travis McGee
Goathumpers IN The WIRE!!!
41 posted on 10/14/2012 11:54:16 AM PDT by Chode (American Hedonist - *DTOM* -ww- NO Pity for the LAZY)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: Ann Archy; Just mythoughts

Will their ever be justice on earth, by the hand of man?

We just must be on our knees to call down the powers of God, to assist us in His Divine Mercy lest He judge us too.

We are guilty of of letting too much slide, as a people, and our country reflects our wholesale rejection of God and our tolerance for increasing evil and it’s intentions to wipe out the faithful, using our institutions to accomplish it;public schools, universities, academia, art, entertainment industry, even our churches now fall under attack, by infiltration in the manner of our government infiltration.

We must work on our interior lives that our dear Father in Heaven will be pleased to hear our prayers, and answer us.

I speak to myself, here, but speaking out loud among friends.

42 posted on 10/14/2012 12:08:54 PM PDT by RitaOK ( VIVA CHRISTO REY)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...

Thanks pabianice. This is interesting (though brief) speculation.

43 posted on 10/14/2012 12:52:07 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyLiz could be right because Obama would try anything , even burning the Reichstag to win support. I am sickened that voters would even dare think that this was not done except for political purposes. All Americans should realize is what Jeanne Kirkpatrick said: They always blame America. And any tomfoolery to elicit votes at the Nov deadline should be shunned by every patriotic American.

44 posted on 10/14/2012 1:55:58 PM PDT by phillyfanatic

To: pabianice; FARS

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2490938/posts?page=3911#3911

45 posted on 10/14/2012 2:34:26 PM PDT by fanfan ("But if Muslims were asked to go to church on Sunday and take Holy Communion there would be war.")

To: SoFloFreeper

“the American people aren’t so ignorant as to fall for a stunt.”

Hmmmm. I think they are. Ignorant and fickle.

46 posted on 10/14/2012 2:35:06 PM PDT by MayflowerMadam
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

"...wondering why the Coprolite Press is ignoring the disappearance of Hillary since the slaughter of four Americans in the Libyan Consulate."

47 posted on 10/14/2012 2:56:49 PM PDT by Windflier (To anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.)

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson