Skip to comments.I am sure everyone wants to know what I think. (YIKES)
Posted on 02/20/2012 12:11:03 PM PST by dt57
ok, guess this is what is called a vanity. Not sure because this is my first post. So give me a break ok? WE are now down to 4 candidates. Here is how I see it. There will be no surprizes for anyone who has read my posts.
1. Ron Paul. A true fiscal conservative that I would vote for in a heart beat if he had a clue about our enemies and how much they hate us and want to destroy us and our way of life.
2. Mitt Romney. All he has to offer is that he really, really, really wants to be President. Well, good for him. The problem is when that is your sole motivatiion, you will do anything to win. It is sickening. I can not vote of this man.
3. Rick Santorum. A good family man, and an above average Senator for PA. A true second tier candidate any field (except the one we have.) He is a fair communicator and fair debator. I will vote for him, if he is the one. Can he win, I doubt it.
4. Newt Gingrinch. A flawed candidate with a lot of (known) bagage. I happen to believe they all have past sins, it is just his are really out there to say the least. Newt can articulate the conservative message better than anyone since Ronald Reagan. I hope he wins.
5. A brokered or contested convention. This will insure an establishment republican. I know many say Rick and Newt will put their delegates together. I will have to see that to believe it.
Praise the Lord.
Thought we had a zot coming but he really didn’t say much.
No Paul, no Romney, maybe Rick and yes Newt.
Should we all make a vanity?/s
The problem with not voting is, by proxy you vote for Barry.
But compared the more established Freepers, I'm a Newbie too.
Hey! Why you...you...stinky-doody! Who you callin’ a jerk??
As I recall, you had a “friendly” reception as well. Glad you’re still here.
“— 30 —” was (is?) put after the text on the old wire service reports to indicate “End of Story.”
Other than lousy tastes in chauffeurs.
I want to Newt to win as well, the thing is Santorum is gaining all this momentum, the problem is, independents will never go for him because of his social issues. Is he the best candidate for a true conservative leader, will he lose against Obama if he’s the man, most definitely. Newt on the other hand can win.
The Washington Elite in the GOP (aka our enemies) are desperately looking for someone stupid enough to get into the race at this time since Romney (aka status quo) is looking vunerable.
It could be a bloody brokered convention, if it is, Newt will win it cause he’s most likely to defeat Obama.
I never smoked pot or did any form of drugs (and am still a non-drinker).
But, as was the case with you, I did something I still regret when I was in college back in the early 1960's: I joined the NAACP, attended the meetings and paid dues. The upside of that was that I was able to see firsthand what a racist, corrupt organization that Communist-friendly organization was. My dalliance with the NAACP was short-lived and I returned to my Christian Conservative roots, actively campaigning for and supporting Barry Goldwater in 1964.
That brief amount of time as a card-carrying member of the vile NAACP was my one liberal act of youthful rebellion. It was an eye-opening experience but I still hate that some of may dollars went to support that evil outfit circa 1962.
Hi! This is just a great Monday afternoon smile break...and we could sure use it. So your timing is excellent. Makes up for the bad speeling and gramer. Welcome to ya.
Let’s put it this way. I would have a very hard time talking myself into voting for Romney. And it is qutie possible that I would not be able to in the end. In some ways I think he is worse than what we got. Well, I guess that is a reach. Ok, not sure what to do if Mitt is the nominess. But I will vote the down ticket for sure, hope that is good enough.
Dramatize much? Or did he actually crawl out your monitor and draw down?
WEll, I feel beter now that I have made my confession. So, the question is will the Rick Santorum people forgive me. LOL. Hey, just a joke, maybe a bad one, but a joke. OK? I like Newt have sinned a little in my day, but I am forgiven.
There was a pretty good movie produced by and starring Jack Webb about life in a newspaper also named - 30 -. William Conrad was also featured playing a cynical, crusty, cantankerous editor.
Haven’t read too many comments yet. Hope you’re not getting hit too hard! :)
A sincere welcome to FR!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.