Skip to comments.Whoa, these Guys are Weak (Call for Action)
Posted on 10/12/2011 11:53:56 AM PDT by parksstp
Theres just no other way to put it. These guys all suck. Sure, one of them will probably be able to squeak out a victory over Obama, but what is the point? I thought wed be okay with multiple conservatives on stage in this debate to choose from, but I never thought Id see them all capitulate the debate to Romney, the way it went last night. Its like their all on stage, but theyve already surrendered to Romney. This is pathetic. Something has got to change.
I suggest a few things: 1 Someone needs to get Romneys campaign schedule posted, and ensure Tea Partiers/FReepers show up and ask him the tough questions in the way the Tea Party leaders went after Obama in IA. And like that encounter, they need to get it on tape. They need to specifically break this idea that Romneycare is the only thing holding him back. They need to question him on his positions on climate change, his people meeting with Obamas people, his scare tactics on social security, and his flip-flopping statements from the past.
2. We had a Tea Party debate, but lets have a Talk Radio debate, moderated by Rush, Sean, and Levin. Then wed know for sure that the questions that needed to be asked did get asked. You could have it at Limbaughs property in Palm Beach. They can at least push the conservatives to be well .conservative.
3. I have been preaching this for years (but I dont have boatloads of cash), but someone needs to provide funding for the construction and development of the Ronald Wilson Reagan School of Political Communication. Build it as an addition to Hillsdale College if you have to. The point is that we need to have some sort of school that preps conservative candidates for maximizing their efforts in getting their messages and ideas out. Then maybe they wouldnt suck so much on stage by cowardly running from the fight.
As it stands now, in order of most suckiest to least suckiest:
8. Huntsman Everybody keeps getting annoyed at the fact that everything that comes out of his mouth is a petty shot at Romney or Perry. People might actually pay attention to them more if Huntsman himself were an actual conservative. But hes to the LEFT of Romney, and thats pretty freaking hard to do and remain in the Republican Party.
7. Ron Paul As my Generic Republican xtranormal video points out, this guy should be in a mental ward under heavy sedation for his foreign policy luncacy. For the most part, his followers appear to be liberal anarchists and ant-semites. This guy is an embarrassment wherever he goes.
6. Mitt Romney This guy has more baggage on the issues than any of the other candidates, but keeps getting a free pass. Whats more shockingly, hes getting a free pass from the ACTUAL CONSERVATIVES! This guy sounds more and more like McCain everyday, even though he tried to play anti-McCain in 2008.
5. Rick Perry WTF? If Rick Perry had had the opportunity to attend the Reagan School of Political Communication, he could have avoided the heartless comment and all the pitfalls with HPV and Immigration. This guy is clearly not ready for prime time, and now even today, Rush has started to back off on his enthusiasm of him. Rick Perry looks more like Fred Thompson 2008.
4. Newt Gingrich Its not a surprise Newt excels at every debate. In fact, if the Reagan School were to open, hed probably be on the teaching staff. Yet, his own mouth and proposed superior intellect gets the better of him at times. Climate Change? Scoozaflooval? Right-Wing Social Engineering? And for those that think he would make mincemeat of Obama, you might want to look back into previous debates Gingrich as had against Hillary Clinton and John Kerry on various issues. It was NOT the confrontational battle everybody was expecting/hoping. Newt is smart enough to know what has to be done, so its puzzling why he takes the opposite approach sometimes.
3. Michele Bachmann Surely, Bachmann would go after Romney? Nope, she was stuck going after Perry and Cain. Its clear shes given up and is fighting for Romneys VP. If she thinks shes got a chance at that job, shed better think again. She could have been in the position to be the beneficiary after Perrys collapse and Palins decision not to run. But she has floundered.
2. Rick Santorum To his credit, he did take one swipe at Romney in an overall group swipe at the TARP supporters. But other than that, hes been clean on Romney, praising him for the most part and going after Bachmann, Perry, and Cain. Its clear that he too is aiming to be Romneys VP. Why even bother being on the stage?
1. Herman Cain Surely this guy will take a few swipes at Romney to distance himself? Nope. And Greenspan? Anytime Ron Paul comes across as effectively pwning you , you know youve really screwed up. Cant tell if Cain is angling for Romneys VP, but its obvious he has warmer feelings towards him than Rick Perry.
Dang, Ill say it again, these guys suck. Let the Palin conspirators come out now. Im listening. If youre Sarah Palin, EVERYTHING that needed to happen (and then some) has fallen into place. All she had to do was pull the trigger. She didnt.
Though I’m unfamiliar with your style, I suspect your post is not meant to be humorous or ironic; rather it appears to be fresh-tossed monkey poo.
You sound childish, arrogant and hysterical as you claim other people are...arrogant, hysterical children.
Get some help with the anger management and keep me out of your recipient list thank you.
The GOP has nothing to offer now, and it will have nothing to offer in 2016.
To be perfectly honest, I don’t see America making it to 2016.
There won’t be 5 candidates by, at the latest, mid-February (with all the state delegations moving up their primaries/caucuses). Then any pledged delegates are free to vote for whomever.
I’ve tried to come up a succinct table/post, but the system is so convoluted that it’s almost impossible. Here’s a small bet:
Cain wins Iowa (after all, Huckabee won Iowa in 2008).
Romney wins New Hampshire (close to MA).
Cain squeaks out a victory in Florida and goes on to take most of the South (Huckabee won IA, KS, TN, GA, WV, AL, AR - we can expect the Southerner and social conservative Cain to do as well).
Once Perry drops out, expect TX to go to Cain.
Not an easy path for Cain, but no reason to hold our heads just yet.
Fine. I’ll go bake some gingerbread cookies for him. You can milk old Bossy.
Let's look at where the votes from your chart go when people start dropping out:
Bachmann -> Cain (+4.8%)
Huntsman -> Romney (+1.2%)
Perry -> Cain(+14.7%)
Santorum -> Cain (+2.3%)
Gingrich -> Split (+3.6% each)
Paul -> Stay Home or Stay in the race
Romney -> 26.5%
Cain -> 41.7%
And that doesn't take into account the latest poll linked above.
I used to milk “Valentine” until she ended up in the deep freezer one day. Can’t say that I missed churning butter, and the steaks were delish!
You are 100000000000000000000000000000000% right.
And our only shot was IF Palin was actually willing and capable. Turns out not. Thus, the answer to your question, and it is not a pretty answer, is we will nominate Romney and he will lose and Obama will have his mandate to keep Obama Care and continue to transform America and the spineless leadership in the Congress, no matter how many new Freshmen enter, will NOT stop him.
Now, you have been warned. Prepare your families and lives and business accordingly.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.