Skip to comments.Freshman lawmaker threatens impeachment over gun rights
Posted on 01/14/2013 12:32:28 PM PST by Ron H.
Freshman Republican Rep. Steve Stockman (Texas) on Monday said he would "seek to thwart" executive action by President Obama in regard to gun laws by any means necessary, even if it means "filing articles of impeachment." .......
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/277021-gop-rep-threatens-obama-with-impeachment-over-gun-action#ixzz2Hz2ZtaWO
(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...
glad someone is going to do it.
it is truly sad nobody else is.
Now we watch as the naysayers come creeping out of the woodwork denouncing Steve as a right wing nut. So be it but at least he is at least trying to get something started instead of just giving mealy mouthed speeches that go nowhere. Go get ‘em Steve.
Go for it, Steve!
Allll frickin’ right!! Brass balls - it is about damn time!
Obamas Acts of Treason:
1. Perpetrating acts of fraud, perjury and conspiracy in his refusal to confirm his lawful eligibility to serve as president under the U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 1, constituting impeachable offenses of high crimes and misdemeanors adumbrated in U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 4;
2. Surrendering sovereign U.S. war-making to foreign powers and international authorities by attacking Libya without consulting Congress, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article 1, Section 8 and U.S. Code Title 50, r 33:1541-1548;
3. Accepting foreign title and office while acting as U.S. President and without consulting Congress when in 2009, Obama assumed the Chairmanship of the UN Security Council, the international body responsible for declaring war on behalf of the UN, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article I, Section 9;
4. Making bribery attempts in word and in deed, as Obama administration offered bribes to at least three Federal candidates for office: Joe Sestak, Andrew Romanoff and Jim Matheson, in violation of U.S. Code Title 18, Section 201;
5. Defying a Federal Court Order by refusing to halt the unconstitutional implementation of the Patient Healthcare and Affordable Care Act of 2010, popularly known as ObamaCare, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3, and Article III, Sections 1 & 2;
6. Defying a Federal Court Order by refusing to grant lawful deep water drilling permits, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3, and Article III, Sections 1 & 2;
7. Executive Branch creation and implementation of regulations asserting unconstitutional force of Federal law on matters explicitly rejected by or contrary to the will and intent of Congress, specifically the EPA implementation of Cap and Trade, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article I, Section 1 and Section 8;
8. Refusing to secure our broken borders from illegal alien invasion, international criminal incursion, and terrorist cadre penetration, in violation of U.S. Constitution, Article III, Section 3 and Article IV, Section 4;
9. Executive Branch malfeasance and impeding the administration of justice by preventing the U.S. Department of Justice from investigating crimes committed for the direct benefit of the President by presidential associates including: voter intimidation at the hands of the New Black Panthers and ACORN election fraud, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3, and U.S. Criminal Code Section 135, (Comp. St. § 10305);
10. Direct mobilizing and funding of mob violence, sedition and insurrection, as witnessed in Wisconsin, by the Presidents own reelection campaign group Organizing for America, and including open statements of incitement to the insurrection by the President himself, in violation of U.S.Penal Code, Chapter 115, Section 2383;
11. Executive Branch usurpation of lawmaking powers voiding duly enacted legislation of Congress by improperly preventing the U.S. Department of Justice from defending established Federal law specifically the Defense of Marriage Act, in violation of U.S. Constitution Article II, Section 3;
12. Adhering to the enemies of the United States, giving them aid and comfort, as witnessed by consorting with, supporting and installing to powerful Federal positions persons who in writing, word and deed have called for and promoted the overthrow of Americas constitutionally guaranteed Republican form of government, and the overthrow of the United States Constitution; including but not limited to William Ayers, Bernadette Dohrn, Cass Sunstein, John Holdren, Van Jones, Dalia Mogahed, Harold Koh, and Eric Holder, in violation of U.S. Constitution, Article III, Section IV and U.S. Penal Code, Section 2385.
Rep. Steve Stockman (Texas) must be a thinking , patriotic American. Congratulations, Rep Stockman.
Should have been done long ago. Do it now.
And ignore the people, even on here, who were saying, ‘let’s just get him out of office in 2012’.
Steve Stockman isn’t a freshman member. This is his second term separated by 16 years. His first term was back in 1995-97 as a prominent class of ‘94 member who took down the powerful Dem committee chairman Jack Brooks.
Although, this warning of impeachment is stuff that Obama eats up.
He can crow to his base that the evil Republicans who would have them eat dog food are persecuting him and are out to destroy his "oneness with the little people".
Not a line in the sand, just a line along the Red River, western boundary of Louisiana, eastern boundary of New Mexico and the Rio Grande.
Molon Labe, y’all.
Is that all?
I think the people might be threatening something also, considering the buying frenzy they’ve been on since the Democrats began talking their treason. Congress needs to rein in this would-be despot and his co-conspirators before they go too far and things go completely haywire. Reflecting on the history of the past century, these are really spooky times to be living through. I used to kind of chuckle under my breath at the “preppers” and gold bugs. Not any more.
He has the Constitution on his side. It is against the law for the POS to issue an EO on the Second Amendment. Someone needs to put him in his place. If it has to be a freshman, so be it.
Not a first time freshman. He defeated a LONG TIME incumbant democrat in the Republican Revolution of 1994, but only lasted one term because the democrat establishment vowed revenge and brought tons of resources in from all over the country to defeat him in 1996. Glad to see he’s back.
It could go far, if it’s investigated thoroughly enough. Quite a few anti-Second-Amendment folks, in their comments under gun control articles at newspaper sites, have called for the following.
Two gun makers killed in two days, and no answers (Photos)
I thought that was the case and figured someone smarter than me like you would come along say so. Thanks. He isn't my Rep but I'm nearby by about 60 miles or so. And I like the guy.
I agree but I also think that crap is wearing thinner and thinner all the time and a lot less people are soaking it up as more of his real agenda crystallizes.
Finally! Stop being afraid of the community organizer damn it!
The Article of Impeachment list of Obama offenses is growing longer.
Hell,I was there.
Steve Stockman lost his seat in 1996 to obvious vote fraud.
The spineless Establishment pubbies did not even whimper
We need a new generation of revolutionary firebrands to take on Washington.
Way to go, Steve!
I’m glad to hear SOMEBODY in office is saying the obvious!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.