Skip to comments.British Man Injured After Lighting Firecracker in Buttocks
Posted on 11/09/2006 6:44:30 PM PST by Sopater
LONDON A 22-year-old man suffered internal injuries after lighting a small firecracker he had inserted into his buttocks, paramedics said Thursday.
The incident took place Sunday, when Britain celebrated Bonfire Night, traditionally marked with fireworks to celebrate the Guy Fawkes' gunpowder plot to blow up Parliament in the 17th century.
The man suffered burns and other unspecified internal injuries in the incident in Sunderland, 275 miles north of London.
Katherine Shenton, a spokeswoman for the North East Ambulance Service, said a caller had phoned in that the victim was bleeding after the firecracker exploded.
Several of the man's friends recorded the incident on a mobile phone. The blurry images show a man bent over with his pants down and a white flash as the firecracker explodes.
The Times newspaper reported the man is a soldier who recently returned from Iraq.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
What an A. Hole...
Ow, that hurts just hearing about it.
The big dummy.
future Darwin Awards Honorable Mention, no doubt
I wonder how many votes he cast last Tues?
E's a Fawkesing idiot!
Wow! Some people will do anything to get thier fifteen minutes of fame!
Posted two days ago.....
One of the responses had a Youtube video from an american attempt, evidently, this is a worldwide problem...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.