Skip to comments.Walter E Williams predicts an OBAMA win in 2012, and here is why: BOGUS! SEE LINK
Posted on 04/24/2011 3:07:21 PM PDT by The Magical Mischief TourEdited on 04/24/2011 5:26:52 PM PDT by Admin Moderator. [history]
MOD NOTE: WALTER E. WILLIAMS DID NOT WRITE THIS!!
Walter E. Williams, (born 1936 in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania ) is a conservative American economist, commentator, and academic. He is the John M Olin Distinguished Professor of Economics at George Mason University , as well as a syndicated columnist and author.
Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't.
I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term. The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising. But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected.
Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win.
Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins.
The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins.
War in the Middle East ? He wins a second term.
America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama!
The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do. And that's why I know Obama will win.
The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated. Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:
1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing.
2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,
3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,
4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coattails will carry them to victory nationwide,
5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,
6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,
7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more everyday. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,
8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all... to not love him would be racist,
9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,
10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.
GOD HELP US!
-- Dr. Walter E. Williams, George Mason University
Absent a STRONG GOP nominee Osama will win handily in 2012.
And right now we have no strong GOP candidates.
The groups he talks about always votes the rat
Except Big Biz and the indies and he lost them a while ago
That’s his point... all Osama needs to do is sway enough independents away and he’s in and all that needs to happen for that to occur is for the GOP to nominate someone from the current freak show that’s bubbled up tot he top...
Walter Williams is a black, DC-centric Democrat.
Under the current circumstances, his opinion is less than worthless.
Anybody know any states like that, just so I can do some possible prep work?
Walter Williams did not write this.
He makes some valid points but i disagree with him..
I think a large amount of people will not even turn up at the polls because of disgust for Obama’s failure....
How high are you?
Absent a catastrophe blockbuster expose that blows open the lies of his life-—so big that even his fawning and lying media cannot protect him.
Let’s pray for this!
Do you have a link or am I missing it? Possible.
I also predict a relatively comfortable Obama victory unless the GOP can get it together soon.
Unless you have a link, I think you have your Walter Williams confused.
Not even close!
Unless they sit home because they are not excited to vote.
I call blacks voting for Obama...Michael Jackson syndrome....
This is a spoof! It was originally posted by MoveON.org, a Soros funded group, on the first of April.
Here is a link to an “apology” for attributing it to Williams: http://tinyurl.com/3pkc3bo
Well...I’m writing my will out. I’ll blow my brains out before I have to live beyond 2012 in an Obama nation (abomination).
Drastic? I think not...we’ll be dead anyway...most will just be the ‘walking’ dead.
This has been debunked many times on FR. No linkee, no happen.
Get with the program, TMMT.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.